OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Well as you know Banner lost his Hulk powers for a bit there and was imprisoned. He mainly had cameos in other books during the Tony Stark head of SHIELD era.

Loeb's & McGuinness' Hulk Vol 2 was the next Hulk book that does mention and cameo Banner and where he broke out. So get that. After that pick up Incredible Hulk #600 and go from there.
ANAD Marvel literally starts next week :lol: with like 7 new titles.

Before the set backs it was always going to end in Oct. Yall dudes need patience.

It feels like this has been going forever and I want to get back to reading comics.
Damn yall must've felt like you were being tortured during Heroes Reborn, Age of Apocalypse, Civil War, etc.

Has anyone read 5 ghost or southern bastards?!? Man those two titles are poissibly
My favorite two right now along with tmnt for obivious reason!!!

Damn yall must've felt like you were being tortured during Heroes Reborn, Age of Apocalypse, Civil War, etc.

Yup.

Like I've said it before I've disliked like 90% of events. The inevitable delays, the taking over over the entire line. I'm just not into it.

I will say the main secret wars book is probably the best I've read in a while. but the rest of the battle world is mostly intolarble imo.

Has anyone read 5 ghost or southern bastards?!? Man those two titles are poissibly

Southerns basterds is amazing.

I rpetty much only read image books now with DC in shambles and Marvel consumed by battle world.

Last edited:

Southern Bastards is great :pimp: :pimp:

I'm with Osh Kosh as well. These days the books at Image are top notch.

Hasnt their titles went up in price?

Image?

All the books from Image are creator owned, so there is no set price.

With that being said, I haven't seen anything cheaper than $2.99 other than a few promotional issues. Creators get to pick the price though for the most part, example being Saga, which could easily cost $4.99, but will be $2.99 throughout the entire run because Brian K Vaughn wants it that way.

There's pretty much an industry base rate for floppies. The lowest you'll find on average is now 2.99. Any lower and it's somebody super independent just trying to get their work out there. Obviously I'm not counting those special 99 cent offers.

Image does do the $3.50 stuff sometimes. I know creators choose the price for their trades too.
Yup.

I rpetty much only read image books now with DC in shambles and Marvel consumed by battle world.
Funny enough. I've slowed down completely on Image comics cuz I couldn't deal with their late comics scheduling wise and only collect in trades or when series are done so I can get the whole thing.

Zik all this time of you posting I never looked at your provile pic up close...thats an awesome pic of wolvie dude.

Anyone own any original art or cool prints?

I just moved recently and finally hung some of my stuff up. Loving it :pimp: :pimp:

I picked up some independent artist prints and comics at the last con i went to. Love em. Will be hanging up soon

There's still more to come :pimp:

^ how much was your shop charging for the hip hop variants?

I'm interested, but have a feeling they'll be 9.99 or something when I stop through later.

That would be sort of ymmv.
I have one shop that sells varients at retail and nother at 15 bucks

I would try online

That would be sort of ymmv.
I have one shop that sells varients at retail and nother at 15 bucks

I would try online

Did you happen to see that chart someone made about what retailers had to order so that they qualify for the hip hop variants?

Seemed like a complete joke, so I'm assuming there are very few stores that move enough product to be selling them for retail.

My shop had the variants at retail mostly, it seems only the ones they only ordered a few of that they uppriced them. Only one I grabbed was the Iron-Man one.

That Jason Aaron new Dr Strange is fire same with the new issue of soutnern basterds.

I think Aarons the best conic writer on the planet right now.

Its was 7 or 8 for the Dr. Strange, and southern bastards is straight fire issue 10 was meh IMO but it have a finally this 11 is guna be good!!

Back
Top Bottom