OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Not sure what to think of the new SSM...it will take some getting used to...i was really enjoying the last couple pages till I turned the very last page.. =/ However TMNT was very good imo!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret History of the Foot Clan #1 (of 4)

Demons, ninjas, and hostile takeovers-- what more can you expect from a TMNT comic? The first installment of this new miniseries reveals a history never told before about the original founder of the Foot. Join the Turtles as they get a history lesson that they will never forget!

:smokin

Crazy right? :smokin How the Hulk and his fam is, how the heroes lost, etc. I'd suggest to read Hulk: The End cuz of the similar premise, different style and feel though.
It's possible I remember one time in the spring I went from Death Note to 20th Century Boys to 21st Century boys to Hellsing to Blade of the Phantom Master in one sitting which took like a month of heavy reading.
It sucks cuz as you're pulled in and enjoying the hell out of it I'm extremely behind on movie watching and reading actual books. Almost turned a hobby in to an addiction :lol:
:rofl: even if it's a shop

Yeah man Old Man Logan was dope! haha the villains did Wolverine so dirty.

I'll check out Hulk but I don't think it's on the amazon store for the Kindle yet. I'll see what else they have.

I highly recommend that everyone with any interest in Marvel watches The Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes series on Netflix.

The animation leaves a little to be desired, but the stories are great. It's the closest thing to a Marvel version of the Justice League animated series we'll likely ever get.

Also the theme song is GOD AWFUL...

I highly recommend that everyone with any interest in Marvel watches The Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes series on Netflix.

The animation leaves a little to be desired, but the stories are great. It's the closest thing to a Marvel version of the Justice League animated series we'll likely ever get.

Also the theme song is GOD AWFUL...
:lol: Very bad theme song. I've watched it. I remember how the intro use to get me confused cuz I thought the ep had started and I was asking myself why is everything moving so fast?

Just so you know, Marvel animation has canceled the show (a few stories have continued on in to it's own comic with the same name) and I think later this year they'll be debuting the new Avengers cartoon called Avengers Assemble, to better match up with the movie. Not sure if they'll be starting over from scratch or will find a way to try and start fresh but still transition from the last version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Assemble_(TV_series)

I'd be ecstatic if the animation is anywhere as good as in this pic.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a shame it got cancelled...that news is actually what made me want to check it out.

I didn't know about the new series though...it looks great. I really hope they explore some of the second tier villains like they did with EMH.

I got Superman: Earth One vol 1 & 2 from Amazon with a gift card. I actually really like the series. I am anticipating Vol. 3

It actually has me curious about looking into the new 52 Superman

I got Superman: Earth One vol 1 & 2 from Amazon with a gift card. I actually really like the series. I am anticipating Vol. 3

I have them, but they're in the 'Leaning Tower of Piza' pile of comics

Hope it's a good read :smokin

woah woah WOAH!!!!!
.................................................... there's a Superman: Earth One Volume 2?!

finished up Kick * 1 and 2 ... i did not care for 2 compared to one

kinda raunchy when he ran on the girlfriend and they smoked those little kids... not feeling that, i don't care if it is a comic book, unnecessary

hit girl is on point

thief of thieves is on point

so for the new 52, dark knight is there really only one comic out?

is there another dark knight comic that i can find that is similar to that with more issues?

good avengers, xmen or spiderman series i should look for?

there are so many i am not sure which way to go with it all really.

thank you NT.

finished up Kick * 1 and 2 ... i did not care for 2 compared to one

kinda raunchy when he ran on the girlfriend and they smoked those little kids... not feeling that, i don't care if it is a comic book, unnecessary

hit girl is on point

thief of thieves is on point

so for the new 52, dark knight is there really only one comic out?

is there another dark knight comic that i can find that is similar to that with more issues?

good avengers, xmen or spiderman series i should look for?

there are so many i am not sure which way to go with it all really.

thank you NT.
Yeah Kick-*** went too hard on the bombastic violence. A lot of violence would've been fine but the scenario was too wild. Gangs of super villains and heroes rumbling in times square? :lol:

It's crazy cuz Hit-Girl came out after KA2 and is set before it as well and that's great.

Not sure what you're asking about the New 52 and TDK. There are several Batman books, he has his own line; Batman, The Dark Knight, Detective Comics, and Batman & Robin (Batman's son Damian). Then there's the sidekicks and spinoffs like Teen Ttitans (has the 3rd Robin TIm Drake), Red Hood (this is the 2nd Robin Jason Todd) & The Outlaws. Nightwing (1st Robin **** Grayson), Batgirl (Barbra), Batwoman (Kate Kane), Batwing (African Batman basically), Batman Inc., and Catwoman.

After that there's other Bat books not in New 52 continuity like Batman Beyond (based off the cartoon) and Legends of the The Dark Knight.

As far as Marvel it is hard to choose if you're trying to limit it. For Avengers there's Avengers and New Avengers by Hickman which is really good so far, Uncanny Avengers by Remender, Avengers Arena by Hopeless (which is basically like Battle Royale with super powers), Avengers Assemble by DeConnick (which is good but not so continuity heavy), Secret Avengers is finishing and is about to start over in a month or two, Dark Avengers by Parker (traveled to alt universe), Young Avengers by Gillen (teen heroes), and I think that's it.

X-Men is a lot as well with a bunch of stuff relaunching. I'd suggest All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men both by Bendis, Uncanny X-Force by Humphries, and X-Factor. Then there's stuff like X-Men Legacy, Xtreme X-Men, Wolverine, Gambit, Cable & The X-Force, Wolverine & The X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Age of Apocalypse, and X-Men (which is about to relaunch)

Spidey is a bit shorter and I'd suggest all of them Venom by Bunn, Superior Spidey by Slott, Avenging Spidey and Scarlet Spider by Yost.

I'd say look it up to on wikipedia so you can the gist of the story and then google image the title to see if you'll like the art.

Back
Top Bottom