OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I haven't really enjoyed the Marvel Now! titles that have released. Yet, I still buy the first couple issues to see if it will interest me. Unfortunately, they don't. I've been reading Waid's run on Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 3 was so good. Definitely one of my favorite titles from Marvel at the moment.

I cant believe u guys pulled me back into the comic book game. I was downloadin them but I now have too much respect for the comic shops

Same goes for me. Thread really got me visiting my local joint as well. Seriously, the last time I was buying single issues monthly was in 5th grade way back in '93. I did try to catch up via trades back in '05, but the past year or so this thread got me back in hte omnthly thing.

I haven't really enjoyed the Marvel Now! titles that have released. Yet, I still buy the first couple issues to see if it will interest me. Unfortunately, they don't. I've been reading Waid's run on Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 3 was so good. Definitely one of my favorite titles from Marvel at the moment.
I am just a huge X-Comic fan. As for Marvel now they have a few titles I have been enjoying. I think Marvel Now kicks the New 52s *** in every way though.

Jim Carrey in Kick-*** 2

tumblr_mh1y3cBzFH1qdsu5lo1_500.jpg

None of the shops around my way received the Bryan Lee O'Malley variant for Young Avengers, anybody know where I can cop online?
Other than that

Deadpool #4
Deadpool Killustrated #1
Nightwing #16
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #6
Uncanny X-Force #1
Avengers #3
A+X #4
That's all this week

I haven't read X-Men comics since I was like 11.

What's a good comic to start with?
I wanna start with issue 1.

All New X-Men for sure, do you want to buy paper or go digital?
I'm feeling generous so I can help you out if you want to go the digital route

I wanna go the paper route but I'll read the digital edition if I have to.
I love having a tangible copy to handle.

So you suggest All New X-Men? What about Uncanny X-Force?
Thanks. :pimp:

Winter Soldier 14 (End of Bru's run)
Avengers 3
Uncanny Avengers 3
Young Avengers 1
FF 3
Punisher Nightmare 4
A+X 4
Deadpool Killustrated 1
Batwoman 16

I usually collect the X-books in trade but I broke down and got Uncanny X-Force # 1 :pimp:
I haven't read X-Men comics since I was like 11.

What's a good comic to start with?
I wanna start with issue 1.

All New X-Men for sure, do you want to buy paper or go digital?
I'm feeling generous so I can help you out if you want to go the digital route

I wanna go the paper route but I'll read the digital edition if I have to.
I love having a tangible copy to handle.

So you suggest All New X-Men? What about Uncanny X-Force?
Thanks. :pimp:
Yeah I'd suggest that as well. Uncanny X-Men will be releasing next week as well. Those 3 will be easy to start from #1. Then there's also X-Men releasing in April

Last edited:
finally went to the comic shop after missing the last 3 weeks stuff.

picked up

Justice League #15,16
Green Lantern #16
Batman #16
Batgirl #16
Batwoman #16
Nightwing#16
RedHood #15,16
Wonder Woman #16

still missing alot of the batfamily cross over stuff.

only marvel book i got was Uncanny Xforce #1.
still need to pick up all new xmen #5 and 6 but they were sold out.

all this for $20. today was a good day. :pimp:

in conclusion
new52>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel now.

Since I do not buy comics weekly anymore, I bought the Big Time Spiderman trade. I heard many good things about it. I plan on getting the Spider Island story next. Did anyone read the Avengers: Childrens Crusade? Interested in that too.

Last edited:
No way. Marvel Now >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New 52. Marvel is always a lot better than DC.

On another note am i the only one who feels weird picking up comics with a female lead if i dont like the version with the male? For instance i think Supergirl is raw but I hate superman. I feel weird asking for the supergirl paperback.

My favorite X-men of all time is Psylocke, (though she's never got too much story)
So no not weird.

plus Superman........i've hated him since 1985.

^For Psylocke you have to read X-Force comics. She is a main character there

I never liked Superman. Not a day in my life have I thought of him as cool.

Last edited:
I just dont like his god complex. If he doesnt have a power convenient for a certain situation, he randomly realizes he has that exact power that he needs.

yea he's been extremely over powered. doomsday was the only superman comic I liked. then immediately hated it when he came back.

may have to get into that x force if shes in it

Well they just started a new volume of Uncanny X-Force today. The last volume was very sick comic loved that one. It was a very popular series too so I aint the only one who thinks highly of them. Had The last one was 35 issues so something like 7 trade paperbacks.

As for the current volume, the events of AvX caused the X-Force to be split in two. Uncanny X-Force is one and Cable and the X-Force is another. Uncanny X-Force is the one you want for Psylocke.
Also this new volume continues from the last volume, it is a renumbering, not a reboot

Back
Top Bottom