OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Everything Powers is one of those indie books I'm waiting until it's all finished before I get in to it but if it gets a tv show like Bendis is aiming for I'll try to catch up asap like I did with TWD.

Deadpool #8
Deadpool Killustrated #4
Young Avengers #3
Avengers Arena #8
A+X #7
Avengers #10
New Avengers #5
X-Termination: Conclusion
Guardians of the Galaxy #2
Uncanny X-Men #5
Before Watchmen; The Comedian #6

That's all this week.

Word on the street is Morbius and X-Factor have gotten the chop, Morbius will be getting cancelled at #8 or #10 and X-Factor will be cancelled in either August or September

Young Avengers( NOT as good as the Last one)
Ultimate Spider( Unneeded Drama)
Invincible( Good)
Journey into mystery(Nothing happened)

I am a huge X-Men fan. I can differentiate between comics i like and buy, comics that are good but I dont keep track of, and comics that suck. X-factor and X-treme X-men do not cut it for me.

Can't wait for the all girl reboot of X-Men in two weeks. I dont usually keep track of that one but it is a good comic.

I got issue 2 and 3 of Young Avengers amd wasnt feeling it. I eill not continue with that. Secret Avengers Vol 2 is the only Avengers comic i like so far and i will give New Avengers a chance this week. I consider Uncanny an X-comic so that doesnt count.

FF 6
Invincible 102
Avengers 10
F4 7
A+X 7
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Deadpool Killustrated 4
Uncanny Avengers 7
New Avengers 5
Journey Into Mystery 651
Young Avengers 4
Morbius-The Living Vampire 4
Scarlet Spidey 16

X-Factor and Dark Avengers are most likely getting a relaunch for phase 2 in Marvel NOW! X-Factor has been great from start to finish with PAD at the helm, I have no doubt he'll get more work and that X-Factor will return. Not surprised at Morbius and Gambit getting canceled.

Last edited:
I would give X-Factor a second chance under Marvel Now. I like some comics that I usually do not like under marvel now. X-Factor sells well or it wouldnt be at 254 issues, but imo the writing on that one is nowhere near as good. Hell on Earth story arch is the only one I have paid attention to in several years.

I picked up New Avengers 5, bout to give that a chance and picked up Batman, Red Hood, and Batwoman 19. Give the bat comics a chance too since they started a new story arch.

Red hoods costume just looks odd to me. Surely they can do better than that. Maybe it is just the art style of the cover. I liked the costume when I saw it in Under the Red Hood

Last edited:
Saw Just Blaze post this on his gram

Brave and Bold #28. First Appearance of the JLA

3adc7f0cac6d11e28d2722000a1f8fa0_7.jpg

Pretty sure it is gonna get rebooted with Marvel NOW! 2, I know Winter Soldier is getting the treatment but I think Gambit is just ending, I don't see the point of trying to make Age of Ultron the new AvX deal, EVERYTHING on Marvel NOW is based off of AvX (More or less, mostly the X series) it's a good plotline, but I don't think it can hold its own as a major arc.

Wait, I think that's what they said about the Thanos:Rising story, I'm still confused about this though, just ignore this post everyone :lol: :wow:

Last edited:
^I am not sure what that means. But the post AvX stuff is far from over. AoU is not a good enough story to make post AoU stuff

Also I read the bat-comics i picked up. Besides Batwoman, I am ******g confused. Should have just picked the comics up in death of the family like I intended.
overall, I like the paneling in DC better than Marvel, but the art style variety of Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
^Marvel calenders stretches out to the last week of may and no X-Men so I guess it's true. Also there is a release date for UXF 5 but not 4. Marvel has been playing around with that franchise and a few others for a minute :smh:

The X-Men Battle of the Atom info that came out of C2E2 this year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Basically X-Men from the future are coming to send the first class back to their original times by any means. This will force X-Men from the past, present, and future to choose sides.

Starts with Battle of the Atom 1 in September and Continues into All New, Uncanny, X-Men, and Wolvie and the X-Men of October and ends with Battle of the Atom 2 in October.

Original idea pitched by Bendis, but it is written by Bendis, Aaron, and Wood.

http://marvel.com/news/story/20547/c2e2_2013_x-men_battle_of_the_atom

Went this afternoon. Only free comic I was familiar with was Walking Dead so I just dipped.

Back
Top Bottom