Official Cooking Steak Thread

I usually go medium-well. Last few times I went with medium. Next time I'm going to go for medium-rare.

dont know why theres so much hate on well done steak... not everyone likes their steak the same way...i asked the same question on facebook but just got mad hate for no reason :smh: they probably never had good well done steak because if done right :pimp:
There's no such thing as well done done right :lol:

No ones gonna answer my pork chop question
frown.gif
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/pork_chops_and_country_ribs.html

my parents make great well done steak... no pink in the inside and brown on the outside but not burnt and still moist :pimp: they are in domincan for vacation so thats why i have to cook for myself :lol:

NY strip is my favorite...medium

I usually only cook steak on the grill...a little salt and pepper then sear that ***** for about 5 min per side :pimp:

Last edited:
i dont know the difference since i dont grill but my friends do and they also say coal is better than gas... its just a hassle though to start up and then clean up afterwards

The juice that runs out of the steak isn't blood. It's mostly water and myoglobin.

I buy my steaks from Costco and keep it simple with the seasoning. Just salt, pepper, and maybe some onion powder. I usually buy huge steaks so it takes like 10-15 minutes for me to cook on each side on an electric grill.

Anyone ever cook their steak in a pan with butter like restaurants do?

Yes I do,

I too get my steaks from Costco. I open up the package, season both sides with heavy salt and pepper and let them rest for about 40min out on the counter.

I preheat my oven 425 degrees and my cast iron. When it nice and hot, I add some olive oil and I sear both sides for 3-4 minutes each. In a little container, I add some olive oil, chopped up Garlic, salt and pepper (AKA Garlic Oil). With 2 sticks

of rosemary, I brush the steaks on all sides with this garlic oil. When the steaks have seared on both sides, I add some butter, a couple of sticks of fresh rosemary, continue brushing all sides and pop them into the oven.

Cook in the oven for 2.5 minutes and flip (bathing the steak with the butter). Cook the other side for another 2.5 minutes and again bathe the steak with the butter.

After 5-6 minutes, take em out , cover with aluminum foil and let them sit for 5 minutes. Your steak should be a Medium done steak.

Yes I do,

I too get my steaks from Costco. I open up the package, season both sides with heavy salt and pepper and let them rest for about 40min out on the counter.

I preheat my oven 425 degrees and my cast iron. When it nice and hot, I add some olive oil and I sear both sides for 3-4 minutes each. In a little container, I add some olive oil, chopped up Garlic, salt and pepper (AKA Garlic Oil). With 2 sticks

of rosemary, I brush the steaks on all sides with this garlic oil. When the steaks have seared on both sides, I add some butter, a couple of sticks of fresh rosemary, continue brushing all sides and pop them into the oven.

Cook in the oven for 2.5 minutes and flip (bathing the steak with the butter). Cook the other side for another 2.5 minutes and again bathe the steak with the butter.

After 5-6 minutes, take em out , cover with aluminum foil and let them sit for 5 minutes. Your steak should be a Medium done steak.

Mouth is watering thinking about that meat. [emoji]128523[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom