Official Cowboys VS. Packers Post 11/29 (Excuses......

oh wow. Cant wait. Hopefully it's boradcasted in NYC. Would hate to be stuck watching another Jets or Giants game.

^News 4 ya, patna...its Thursday on NFLN so there's no game at the same time...but if ya don't gots NFLN (or access 2 a sports bar) you'rescrewed...

oh wow. Cant wait. Hopefully it's boradcasted in NYC. Would hate to be stuck watching another Jets or Giants game.

Dont worry you wont see the game along will most of america.....its on NFL network next thursday..

The amount of stupid homer posts in here is too large for me to address individually (which I was going to do until I noticed I had quoted almost the whole thread)...

you are not one to talk.

Packers have a better pass rush than the Giants in my opinion, at least at the defensive end position. Omenyiora has absolutely NOTHING on Kampman, and KGB is a monster when he's healthy (we can hope).

why, cause kampman has had two pretty good years? kampman is very good, but omenyiora isn't a bum. besides the one cake game against the eagles he is notthat bad. but then again you are just being a homer.

The Packers secondary is probably the best they've faced so far as well, but that relies on Woodson being healthy for the game.

the dolphins, patriots, eagles, and rams are all statistically better than you are at defending the pass. and yes its in that order. you might have a prettygood cb tandem, which in another thread i said could be one of the best, but you are definitely not the best. oh and you only give up 2, a whole 2 yards a gamemore than we do. and we even have roy in our secondary "to help cover". we are also second, one behind the chargers, in interceptions.

The dude who said Packers won't have much offense is not thinking this game through, your safeties and corners will be confused as all hell with some of the looks the 5 receiver set brings AND our 5th string WR is 6'4... I'd like to see a lob to him (Ruvell Martin). I don't believe Romo will be able to do much and look for at least 1 pick-6 and 1 or 2 fumbles.

again look up at the previous response. first of all your 5th string wr is 5th string for a reason. we are not complete trash at pass defense. so if you aresaying we are trash at pass coverage, well congratulations, you are 2 yards away from being trash. you are talking like you are the patriots and no one canstop you on offense. and why do you think romo wont be able to do anything against you? like i said in another thread about your corners, if testaverde canpass for 258 and drew carter can catch 132, what makes you think romo and to wont be able to do anything? again, who is drew carter?

but in all honesty, i really believe the cowboys are a more complete team right now. if ryan grant can keep this up for the rest of the season, then thepackers will be a very big threat. i think they are the only threat to the cowboys right now and vice versa. i think its going to be hard for them to come intotexas stadium and pull out a win. i'm not going to give a prediction right now.

i dont wanna hear any excuses from BOTH teams, whether we (The Cowboys) win or not, in terms of injuries becuz we have been injury prone from the opening gameagainst the Giants. once again, our injuries go unnoticed just becuz of how dominate we still are.

Terry Glenn should be back within the next 3 weeks. Defenses need to pray to Allah that he doesnt come bac wit half the speed hes once had.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I think the Packers need this game more than the Cowboys.

Both teams have good QB + #1 WR combos (Romo + TO vs. Faevvrevevrev + Driver), but past that, I think the Cowboys have a more complete team. Honestly, I think the Cowboys are second only to the Patriots, while I think the Packers are 4th, behind the Colts.

*waits for Packers fans to post about my disrespect for their team*

Look guys, someone has to win, someone has to lose. If I said I thought that the Cowboys would lose, then we all know I'd get quoted by someone who would simply LOL and provide nothing else. Either way, someone's team is going to lose, and that team's fans aren't going to be happy with people saying that the losing team will be their team.

Man up and leave me alone before thinking about getting at me. Thank you.
laugh.gif

I disregarded everything else you said after that. Driver is a completely different kind of receiver, he works well in traffic and really hangs onto theball (runs good routes too). Owens is good at pretty much everything. If you combined all 5 of the Packers WR's you'd have a lesser Randy Moss
roll.gif
Jennings is pretty much the deep ball guy, etc.

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

^News 4 ya, patna...its Thursday on NFLN so there's no game at the same time...but if ya don't gots NFLN (or access 2 a sports bar) you're screwed...

Sorry for the double post but...

I've said this several times

you can watch the game live at www.channelsurfing.net (use internet explorer).

To the other guy who quoted me, the reason the rams and the dolphins are better than us is because teams can run all day on them so there's no reason topass. i'll admit my post homer-ish too though. the reason i feel romo will !#%* up is because he will be under constant pressure in an important game, andas we saw against the jets... if owens isn't open he really doesnt know what to do.

^I'm sure if Brett was left with Donald Driver and 4th and 5th recievers, he wouldn't do quite as well either...Crayton was out, and so was (and is)Terry Glenn...and to say Romo 'didn't know what 2 do' is kinda laughable...I'd say 200+ yards and 2 TDs is pretty competent 4 a 1st yearstarter, n'est ce pas?

Also, you said TR would be under pressure all day...it aint something he never dealt with before...matter fact a lot of the reason #9 is so special is hisability to buy time and make a pass. Sure, he has his wild flings downfield...but I hear it referred 2 as 'Favre-esque' all the time...think aboutthat.

At least you admit you're a homer...I know I am, but who is completely objective about their team of choice?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PlatimumFunk- who's the Packers #1 WR?

Thanks.

Donald Driver. But he and his on field relationship with Favre is not comparable to Romo and TO. Compare the stats of TO and Driver, I'm too lazy to doit but I assure you TO has far more receptions and touchdowns. Driver is the #1 receiver on paper, but him and Jennings kind of share the role since we pass somuch.

to goldnboi: the stats do not indicate how OK he played. favre is not playing like he usually does as of late. again driver is far from TO, give favre TOand ruvell martin and koren robinson and he WOULD pass to the underneath routes and get the 5-10 yard completions ALL day. i agree about the making time part,but he has had a lot of luck with bounces, etc. this season.

Im very confident that green bay is going to win this game, i dont see how we would lose as long as we dont make stupid mistakes. I cant wait to see thesearrogant homers on here, i wont make one single excuse if we lose, but i guarantee some of these cowboy fans will.

I wrote:
PlatimumFunk- who's the Packers #1 WR?

Thanks.
PlatimumFunk wrote:Donald Driver. But he and his on field relationship with Favre is not comparable to Romo and TO. Compare the stats of TO and Driver, I'm too lazy to do it but I assure you TO has far more receptions and touchdowns. Driver is the #1 receiver on paper, but him and Jennings kind of share the role since we pass so much.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... stop telling me it's not a comparison. Because the thing you fail to realize is that... ... ...

... ... ... I never made it a comparison. "Wait?! Yeah you did! Let me quote you." *runs back to quote me*

Save yourself the time. Mentioning two things in the same breath as each other is NOT a comparison. The ONLY comparison was one that existed in THIS sense: thePackers and the Cowboys have a good combo of 'good QB + #1WR.'. That's all I said.

The Packers combo of 'good QB + #1 WR' is Favre + Driver.

The Cowboys combo of 'good QB + #1 WR' is Romo + TO.

That's all I said. No comparison.

I simply said that both teams have a good combo of 'good qb + #1 WR', and then I made no comparison. Not a comparison between the good QBs on eachteam, not a comparison between the #1 WRs for each team, and not a comparison between the combo of 'good QB + #1 WR' for each team.

Just named them, then moved on to the actual point of my reply.

For everyone else, I said, "Man up and leave me alone before thinking about getting at me"; I didn't realize that I should have also said,"Step your reading comprehension game up before even thinking about getting at me."

There was no comparison, bro.

Thanks.

^ What makes you think ska's mad?

Why do people insist that a thorough explanation = anger?

Dude misinterpreted what I said. I explained it back in a way that you would have to be half-******ed to misunderstand. Apparently, that worked for him.

That means I'm mad?
nerd.gif

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.
laugh.gif

lol, chill ska... had to come up with something since bumping threads was a bannable offense these days

anyways, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Robinson >>>>>>> Owens, Crayton, Hurd + whoever else

This game cannot come any sooner for me! Plus NFL Network is in HD now....Yall that are sleepin on the pack better wake up quickly, after this you just mighthave to make a trip to the frozen tundra come january, and i dont think any team wants to do that....

GO PACK GO!!!!

The dude who said Packers won't have much offense is not thinking this game through, your safeties and corners will be confused as all hell with some of the looks the 5 receiver set brings AND our 5th string WR is 6'4... I'd like to see a lob to him (Ruvell Martin). I don't believe Romo will be able to do much and look for at least 1 pick-6 and 1 or 2 fumbles.
Well at least we know this dudes only watches Packers games and highlights of the Boys. Ask Philly what happened when they started running that5wide @#@@ with not that good wr's. I know somebody is going to quote but its cool outside of the 2 that start I don't think the others are a threat. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll find out soon enough. I don't do that prediction stuff I just think that we should win this game provided we dont letFarve sit there all day.

^^ i dunno man, Donald Lee has been killin it this year at the TE spot, being 7th overall in total yards and touchdowns amongst TE's.

there are only 5 WR's with more yards than Donald Driver, and only 4 with more TD's than Greg Jennings, not to mention that the 3rd string WR JamesJones is in the NFL top 30 in receiving yards too... for a rookie that doesnt start, thats pretty damn good

and now with the addition of Koren Robinson, who obviously does not have numbers we can look at but we all know he can be a threat as well

IMO it really comes down to who Favre is feeling like throwing to on that given day/ who steps up to the plate and gets open... Favre has been doin a GREAT jobof spreading the ball around this year

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Well at least we know this dudes only watches Packers games and highlights of the Boys. Ask Philly what happened when they started running that 5wide @#@@ with not that good wr's. I know somebody is going to quote but its cool outside of the 2 that start I don't think the others are a threat. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll find out soon enough. I don't do that prediction stuff I just think that we should win this game provided we dont let Farve sit there all day.

First of all, you can´t just compare teams because they are running the same formation
roll.gif

McNabb is not Favre, and Philly´s receivers are not Green Bay´s receivers. We´ve run the 5 wide out formation on several secondaries and so far have only foundsuccess. You just said James Jones, Koren Robinson and Ruvell Martin aren´t a threat.
laugh.gif
. I think you´ve got the teams confused. I agree Stanback and Turd aren´tthreats.

First of all, you can´t just compare teams because they are running the same formation
roll.gif

McNabb is not Favre, and Philly´s receivers are not Green Bay´s receivers. We´ve run the 5 wide out formation on several secondaries and so far have only found success. You just said James Jones, Koren Robinson and Ruvell Martin aren´t a threat.
laugh.gif
. I think you´ve got the teams confused. I agree Stanback and Turd aren´t threats.

I can compare the fact yall stuff look similar to the Eagles just for the fact that yalls wr's aren't that nice outside of the top 2. We'll see Thursday whats good though. We don't run 5 wide sets so what are you mentioning Stanback and Hurd for. Happy you got Madden and checked therosters? Its all good we'll know whats going on come Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom