Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Don't really have a rooting interest at all, I just think it'll be a well played series. I've picked against DAL every series this playoffs, and see no reason to stop now
laugh.gif

OKC takes Game 1 and this series in 6 games.

I really want to see a CHI/OKC Finals.

Don't really have a rooting interest at all, I just think it'll be a well played series. I've picked against DAL every series this playoffs, and see no reason to stop now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

Gotta be right eventually, right?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

Gotta be right eventually, right?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Unless he (Stevenson) starts hitting every three he takes, he's not getting anywhere near 20 MPG this series.
and he's guarding russ, right?
Are you trying to be snark and sarcastic?

Yes.
laugh.gif

Just like Collison/Serge will be on Dirk, it's a joint effort to stop Westbrook.

just don't see why that article would  come out when they just announced dude is guarding westbrook (and like you mentioned, the guy doesn't play THAT much)

i'm more interested to see who matches up on who when we go russ-harden-durant or maynor-harden-durant.. and who jet ends up on.. and who barea ends up on

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Unless he (Stevenson) starts hitting every three he takes, he's not getting anywhere near 20 MPG this series.
and he's guarding russ, right?
Are you trying to be snark and sarcastic?

Yes.
laugh.gif

Just like Collison/Serge will be on Dirk, it's a joint effort to stop Westbrook.

just don't see why that article would  come out when they just announced dude is guarding westbrook (and like you mentioned, the guy doesn't play THAT much)

i'm more interested to see who matches up on who when we go russ-harden-durant or maynor-harden-durant.. and who jet ends up on.. and who barea ends up on

I mentioned it a little while ago, I think we implement the zone a little more this series. JET and Barea will have to go at guys who aren't as huge of scoring threats, like Maynor, or Thabo. Whether we'll see those match-ups or not, who knows.

For God's sake, Peja did a decent job on Odom in the clutch, we just need to let a few quarters play out.

I mentioned it a little while ago, I think we implement the zone a little more this series. JET and Barea will have to go at guys who aren't as huge of scoring threats, like Maynor, or Thabo. Whether we'll see those match-ups or not, who knows.

For God's sake, Peja did a decent job on Odom in the clutch, we just need to let a few quarters play out.

I figure Dallas to win in 6 or 7. If they go zone, more like 6. I hate seeing grown %@+ men playing zone though, comes off so ^#%$@made to me to see it employed for a long period of time and more than just as a wrinkle for a few possessions.

Obviously, we have the youth/speed/quickness advantage so we have to run and capitalize on turnovers. Dirk, nothing you can do with him anyways. Ibaka and Green have played flawless D on him in the pass, stayed in front, got a hand in his face, he's 7 ft and has a high release point, fades away, and likes to shoot from "awkward for everyone else" angles like 1 foot and wrong foot so it almost doesn't matter. He has become a million percent better at it than just 3yrs ago, but I still think you can play super up on him and try to force him to rive then run the second defender from the blind side when he spins.

I figure Dallas to win in 6 or 7. If they go zone, more like 6. I hate seeing grown %@+ men playing zone though, comes off so ^#%$@made to me to see it employed for a long period of time and more than just as a wrinkle for a few possessions.

Obviously, we have the youth/speed/quickness advantage so we have to run and capitalize on turnovers. Dirk, nothing you can do with him anyways. Ibaka and Green have played flawless D on him in the pass, stayed in front, got a hand in his face, he's 7 ft and has a high release point, fades away, and likes to shoot from "awkward for everyone else" angles like 1 foot and wrong foot so it almost doesn't matter. He has become a million percent better at it than just 3yrs ago, but I still think you can play super up on him and try to force him to rive then run the second defender from the blind side when he spins.

Dirk and Durant will get theirs and Russ will have his ups and downs.
The X factors in this series are Harden and Terry. Whoever plays better will determine the outcome of the series.

Thunder in 6

Dirk and Durant will get theirs and Russ will have his ups and downs.
The X factors in this series are Harden and Terry. Whoever plays better will determine the outcome of the series.

Thunder in 6

Thunder in 6. I think they've got a great chance to take game 1 due to the Mavs eight day layoff. I don't really expect fatigue to get to OKC too much because most of their rotation is pretty much under the age of 24. Perkins might be the only one to feel the effects but he's been averaging less than 30 mpg anyway

Thunder in 6. I think they've got a great chance to take game 1 due to the Mavs eight day layoff. I don't really expect fatigue to get to OKC too much because most of their rotation is pretty much under the age of 24. Perkins might be the only one to feel the effects but he's been averaging less than 30 mpg anyway

Dallas in 6
pimp.gif

I just don't see the Dallas losing to OKC, Just can't.

Let's GO DALLAS!!!

Dallas in 6
pimp.gif

I just don't see the Dallas losing to OKC, Just can't.

Let's GO DALLAS!!!

Going to miss most of the first half, so best wishes, I hope we have a great series yall, good luck..

Go Mavs..
pimp.gif

Going to miss most of the first half, so best wishes, I hope we have a great series yall, good luck..

Go Mavs..
pimp.gif

Last post for about two hours..

No Beaubois tonight, he's a suit tonight, while Brewer is in uniform.

So we'll have..

Dirk, Marion, Kidd, JET, Barea, Chandler, Haywood, Mahinmi, Brewer, Caridnal, Stevenson, Peja.

Back
Top Bottom