Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by manny1

a true fan like myself will, not like a typical person that hops on the bangwagon 
roll.gif
JA, sneakerpro, and kidwill is the only true Mavs homers here. Who are you?
laugh.gif
fixed for you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by manny1

a true fan like myself will, not like a typical person that hops on the bangwagon 
roll.gif
JA, sneakerpro, and kidwill is the only true Mavs homers here. Who are you?
laugh.gif
fixed for you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Nevermind winning both up there... Just get a split.
Hell yeah man.. We go home with a split I'm happy.

Of course I WANT to win both, but I'm more focused on hoping we can split on the road.

That said, we were tied for the best road time in the L this year, we beat LA in their house both games, and we closed out Portland on the road.

We are definitely capable, as we stole both of the @ OKC games this year too, and they lost G1 VS Mem at home.

We just have to go out there and bust our *@%+! on defense.

We need a lot of Marion and Tyson tonight. No botched attempts near the basket, no easy buckets for them. I don't care if Shawn's nose is on the ground, he needs to play more than 24 minutes. DeShawn Stevenson can't be out there for 27 minutes like last game. Inexcusable.

We'll see some Corey Brewer tonight, hopefully he'll create some easy buckets off steals and play some good D. Better than DeShawn chucking up 5 shots and committing tons of fouls.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Nevermind winning both up there... Just get a split.
Hell yeah man.. We go home with a split I'm happy.

Of course I WANT to win both, but I'm more focused on hoping we can split on the road.

That said, we were tied for the best road time in the L this year, we beat LA in their house both games, and we closed out Portland on the road.

We are definitely capable, as we stole both of the @ OKC games this year too, and they lost G1 VS Mem at home.

We just have to go out there and bust our *@%+! on defense.

We need a lot of Marion and Tyson tonight. No botched attempts near the basket, no easy buckets for them. I don't care if Shawn's nose is on the ground, he needs to play more than 24 minutes. DeShawn Stevenson can't be out there for 27 minutes like last game. Inexcusable.

We'll see some Corey Brewer tonight, hopefully he'll create some easy buckets off steals and play some good D. Better than DeShawn chucking up 5 shots and committing tons of fouls.

Originally Posted by DT43

Harden is one guy i never particularly cared for even going back to his ASU days, but he has made me a fan these playoffs. since Green got traded away he's been as solid as any SG in the league.

also did he lose weight? he seems a lot quicker/more athletic. my impression of him coming out of college was that he was a slow-footed gump
laugh.gif

He may have, but he has ALWAYS been a "sneaky" athlete. They call him "old man game," but he will dunk on you as Shannon Brown, Martell Webster, JJ Hickson, amongst others can attest to plus I have seen him do windmills, backwards dunks, "LeBron" dunk, all types of stuff in warmups with the greatest of ease.

And does being a true fan have to be being a homer? Because I am as much a Mavs fan as anyone, although I don't like them as much anymore and prefer OKC in this series and overall, both for being a younger, sexier team, and the geographical convenience.

Cheryl Miller is at the game, I've been to TONS of OKC games and she has never been there as a correspondant. She called the media's overhyping of the Russell Westbrook situation embarrassing and irresponsible.

Some statistical nuggets from the Elias Sports Bureau on the Western Conference finals:

" How important is tonight’s game for the Thunder? In the history of the NBA playoffs, when the home team has won Game 3 of a best-of-seven series that was tied at 1-1, it has gone on to win the series 70 percent of the time. When the home team has lost Game 3 in that situation, it has gone on to win the series only 16 percent of the time.

" Jason Kidd registered five steals in Game 2. At the age of 38 years, 57 days old, Kidd became the second-oldest player to record at least five steals in a playoff game since the NBA began tracking that statistic in 1973. The only player to do that at an older age than Kidd was Reggie Miller, who had five steals against the Celtics on April 25, 2004 at 38 years, 245 days old.

" Kevin Durant has scored 561 points in the 20 career playoff games he has appeared in during his career. Only two active players have scored more points than Durant by their 20th career playoff game: Tracy McGrady (592) and LeBron James (586). (185 players who ended the regular season on an active roster have appeared in 20 or more playoff games.)

" Durant is averaging 31.7 points per game and is shooting .514 from the field in seven home games in this year’s playoffs. In seven road games, Durant is averaging 27.0 points per game and is shooting .417 from the field.

" Russell Westbrook has assisted on 54 of Durant’s baskets in the 2011 playoffs. Not only is that the most assists any player has on a particular teammate's buckets in this year’s playoffs, it is double the next highest total (27, by Rajon Rondo/Paul Pierce and Jason Kidd/Dirk Nowitzki).

" Dirk Nowitzki is shooting .526 from the field and .920 from the free-throw line in the 2011 playoffs. Only one player in NBA history has made at least half of his field-goal attempts and at least 90 percent of his free-throw attempts in a single playoff season (minimum: 100 FTA): Larry Bird in 1986 (.517 field-goal percentage and .927 free-throw percentage).

" The Mavericks have won each of their last three road games in this year’s playoffs. It is the first time in Dallas’ franchise history that it has won three straight playoff road games.

" Jason Terry is shooting only .343 (12-for-35) in the fourth quarter in the 2011 playoffs. In the first three quarters, Terry’s field-goal percentage is .560 in this year’s playoffs.

" J.J. Barea is shooting only .273 from the field during the regular season at the Oklahoma City Arena in his career. Only two active players have a lower career field-goal percentage than Barea in this arena (minimum: 30 FGA): Chris Duhon (.250) and Ronnie Brewer (.250).

" The Thunder overcame an 11-point deficit to defeat the Mavericks in Dallas in Game 2. That marked the second time in this year’s playoffs that Oklahoma City has come back from a deficit of more than 10 points to win on the road (May 9 at Memphis). Only one other team has done that more than once in the 2011 playoffs: Dallas (twice). Visiting teams were only 4-34 when trailing by more than 10 points in this year’s playoffs prior to Game 2 of this series.

" Both of the 2011 conference finals series are tied at one win each after two games. This marks only the fifth time that both conference finals series were tied after two games in the 28 seasons that have been played since the NBA instituted the current playoff format in 1983. The other years in which that happened were 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009.

Originally Posted by DT43

Harden is one guy i never particularly cared for even going back to his ASU days, but he has made me a fan these playoffs. since Green got traded away he's been as solid as any SG in the league.

also did he lose weight? he seems a lot quicker/more athletic. my impression of him coming out of college was that he was a slow-footed gump
laugh.gif

He may have, but he has ALWAYS been a "sneaky" athlete. They call him "old man game," but he will dunk on you as Shannon Brown, Martell Webster, JJ Hickson, amongst others can attest to plus I have seen him do windmills, backwards dunks, "LeBron" dunk, all types of stuff in warmups with the greatest of ease.

And does being a true fan have to be being a homer? Because I am as much a Mavs fan as anyone, although I don't like them as much anymore and prefer OKC in this series and overall, both for being a younger, sexier team, and the geographical convenience.

Cheryl Miller is at the game, I've been to TONS of OKC games and she has never been there as a correspondant. She called the media's overhyping of the Russell Westbrook situation embarrassing and irresponsible.

Some statistical nuggets from the Elias Sports Bureau on the Western Conference finals:

" How important is tonight’s game for the Thunder? In the history of the NBA playoffs, when the home team has won Game 3 of a best-of-seven series that was tied at 1-1, it has gone on to win the series 70 percent of the time. When the home team has lost Game 3 in that situation, it has gone on to win the series only 16 percent of the time.

" Jason Kidd registered five steals in Game 2. At the age of 38 years, 57 days old, Kidd became the second-oldest player to record at least five steals in a playoff game since the NBA began tracking that statistic in 1973. The only player to do that at an older age than Kidd was Reggie Miller, who had five steals against the Celtics on April 25, 2004 at 38 years, 245 days old.

" Kevin Durant has scored 561 points in the 20 career playoff games he has appeared in during his career. Only two active players have scored more points than Durant by their 20th career playoff game: Tracy McGrady (592) and LeBron James (586). (185 players who ended the regular season on an active roster have appeared in 20 or more playoff games.)

" Durant is averaging 31.7 points per game and is shooting .514 from the field in seven home games in this year’s playoffs. In seven road games, Durant is averaging 27.0 points per game and is shooting .417 from the field.

" Russell Westbrook has assisted on 54 of Durant’s baskets in the 2011 playoffs. Not only is that the most assists any player has on a particular teammate's buckets in this year’s playoffs, it is double the next highest total (27, by Rajon Rondo/Paul Pierce and Jason Kidd/Dirk Nowitzki).

" Dirk Nowitzki is shooting .526 from the field and .920 from the free-throw line in the 2011 playoffs. Only one player in NBA history has made at least half of his field-goal attempts and at least 90 percent of his free-throw attempts in a single playoff season (minimum: 100 FTA): Larry Bird in 1986 (.517 field-goal percentage and .927 free-throw percentage).

" The Mavericks have won each of their last three road games in this year’s playoffs. It is the first time in Dallas’ franchise history that it has won three straight playoff road games.

" Jason Terry is shooting only .343 (12-for-35) in the fourth quarter in the 2011 playoffs. In the first three quarters, Terry’s field-goal percentage is .560 in this year’s playoffs.

" J.J. Barea is shooting only .273 from the field during the regular season at the Oklahoma City Arena in his career. Only two active players have a lower career field-goal percentage than Barea in this arena (minimum: 30 FGA): Chris Duhon (.250) and Ronnie Brewer (.250).

" The Thunder overcame an 11-point deficit to defeat the Mavericks in Dallas in Game 2. That marked the second time in this year’s playoffs that Oklahoma City has come back from a deficit of more than 10 points to win on the road (May 9 at Memphis). Only one other team has done that more than once in the 2011 playoffs: Dallas (twice). Visiting teams were only 4-34 when trailing by more than 10 points in this year’s playoffs prior to Game 2 of this series.

" Both of the 2011 conference finals series are tied at one win each after two games. This marks only the fifth time that both conference finals series were tied after two games in the 28 seasons that have been played since the NBA instituted the current playoff format in 1983. The other years in which that happened were 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009.

aside from kidd turning the ball over at crunch time and dirk missing that FT
I was most upset with marion missing wide open layups. there is 0 excuse for any professional bball athlete to miss an open lay up considering what is at stake.
+
tyson needs to go up stronger, a lot of the fouls committed against him were weak and he shoulda easily and1 those

mistakes like that easily cost us at least 10 potential points

aside from kidd turning the ball over at crunch time and dirk missing that FT
I was most upset with marion missing wide open layups. there is 0 excuse for any professional bball athlete to miss an open lay up considering what is at stake.
+
tyson needs to go up stronger, a lot of the fouls committed against him were weak and he shoulda easily and1 those

mistakes like that easily cost us at least 10 potential points

Did anyone catch doris burke trying to do coverage and the promptu kept messing up and she says man %%! F'it
laugh.gif

Did anyone catch doris burke trying to do coverage and the promptu kept messing up and she says man %%! F'it
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom