Official Denver Nuggets @ Golden State Warriors 4/10/08 TNT

Originally Posted by M00DSWING7

Letting Jason Richardson go really came back to mess us up.
smh.gif

frown.gif
wish he was still here.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by djgtekfrmsanjo

does anyone think stack jack should be like kyle korver? jack serious walks like a duck ... has no handles what so ever, whenever he backs someone down low he gets striped and he has no ups when going to the rim .... his role should seriously be strictly to camp on the perimeter like korver
mad.gif

no. unlike korver, he can actually man-up if he felt like it and play defence. besides, the warriors have more than enough "shooters" on that team.
and, we have the ball-hungry harrington who only does that grabby hand motion on the wing which i can only describe as/compare to an infant who is yearning for his mother's teat--instead of moving around or something trying to get open looks inside the arc.

The Warriors have 0 shooters on the team
laugh.gif
. We need pure shooters, not streaky shooters. We can't depend on them.
We really need to get a REAL 3 point shooter this offseason, playoffs or not.

ostensibly, it was Belinelli.

however, our dunder-headed coach believes that developing bench players and/or rookies is a huge waste of time.

because we all know that 5 players playing 40+ minutes a night over the course of 75 or so nights won't tire them out at all!

Yeah, Belinelli doesn't count because he never gets any burn. I also think from what I've seen from CJ Watson, that he's a pure shooter, I think
ohwell.gif
, but Watson never gets any playing time either.

hmm iunno. CJ can heat up quickly, but i think he has shown, from what he could, that he can handle the ball as well. i doubt he'll be back next year though. teams will probably be looking for a point guard.

laugh.gif
We're looking for a point guard.

smh.gif
That's a huge misconception. Monta wouldn't be playing like this if J-Rich was still here. Plus we cleared the all-important cap room to re-sign Ellis. Even though I hated it when J-Rich got traded, I have come to accept it and believe it's for the better of the team.

roll.gif
epic lulz. you're right. though Davis will probably be extendedthis off-season.

So Denver is 1 win away from clinching?

Tough luck GSW fans, probably the best team in NBA history to miss the playoffs (50 wins and no playoffs...just wow)

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Real 3 point shooter: Sasha Vujacic aka the Machine.
He can shoot the lights out

You know, when I was typing out my reply, I looked up at the TV and saw Sasha drain a long 2. Then I thought to myself, "What if we had Sasha?"
laugh.gif
@ myself.

That's a huge misconception. Monta wouldn't be playing like this if J-Rich was still here. Plus we cleared the all-important cap room to re-sign Ellis. Even though I hated it when J-Rich got traded, I have come to accept it and believe it's for the better of the team.
Word...and look at our record right now.
J-Rich is a helluva player, but Monta is too. If we miss the playoffs, it has nothing to do with the trade.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by djgtekfrmsanjo

does anyone think stack jack should be like kyle korver? jack serious walks like a duck ... has no handles what so ever, whenever he backs someone down low he gets striped and he has no ups when going to the rim .... his role should seriously be strictly to camp on the perimeter like korver
mad.gif

no. unlike korver, he can actually man-up if he felt like it and play defence. besides, the warriors have more than enough "shooters" on that team.
and, we have the ball-hungry harrington who only does that grabby hand motion on the wing which i can only describe as/compare to an infant who is yearning for his mother's teat--instead of moving around or something trying to get open looks inside the arc.

The Warriors have 0 shooters on the team
laugh.gif
. We need pure shooters, not streaky shooters. We can't depend on them.
We really need to get a REAL 3 point shooter this offseason, playoffs or not.

ostensibly, it was Belinelli.

however, our dunder-headed coach believes that developing bench players and/or rookies is a huge waste of time.

because we all know that 5 players playing 40+ minutes a night over the course of 75 or so nights won't tire them out at all!

Yeah, Belinelli doesn't count because he never gets any burn. I also think from what I've seen from CJ Watson, that he's a pure shooter, I think
ohwell.gif
, but Watson never gets any playing time either.

hmm iunno. CJ can heat up quickly, but i think he has shown, from what he could, that he can handle the ball as well. i doubt he'll be back next year though. teams will probably be looking for a point guard.

laugh.gif
We're looking for a point guard.

smh.gif

roll.gif
epic lulz. you're right. though Davis will probably be extended this off-season.

I was talking about a backup PG since we know that Davis will get that contract extension
laugh.gif

smh.gif
Am I only one that doesn't agree with this? Man I loved Rich so don't get me wrong, but this dude ain't no superstar. If he was here, Montawouldn't get as much playing time. Monta has been the only guy on this team that has played well these past few weeks. He did everything he could to keepus in games. Yeah his free throw shooting has been bad and t cost us tonight but don't act like Rich could shoot the lights out at the line. The bottomline is that was a great trade for the Warriors because Monta needed more minutes plus the money part of it. Oh yeah, we got a pretty good kid in Wright if heever gets some +%$*%$+ minutes.

Look at the positives of the loss, the warriors will get a lottery pick in this years draft. From the looks of it the draft is going to be DEEP!

So Denver is 1 win away from clinching?
Denver's magic number is two, so if they win one more game, and we lose one more game, they're in.
basically the warriors HAVE to go 3-0 and Denver has to go at best 1-2.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

smh.gif
Am I only one that doesn't agree with this? Man I loved Rich so don't get me wrong, but this dude ain't no superstar. If he was here, Monta wouldn't get as much playing time. Monta has been the only guy on this team that has played well these past few weeks. He did everything he could to keep us in games. Yeah his free throw shooting has been bad and t cost us tonight but don't act like Rich could shoot the lights out at the line. The bottom line is that was a great trade for the Warriors because Monta needed more minutes plus the money part of it. Oh yeah, we got a pretty good kid in Wright if he ever gets some +%$*%$+ minutes.

You're not alone.

roll.gif
epic lulz. you're right. though Davis will probably be extended this off-season.

I was talking about a backup PG since we know that Davis will get that contract extension
laugh.gif

oh.

yeah but what does it matter. that guy ain't gonna see no court time anyways. might as well keep POB while we're at it.

I dont want to look ahead, but this is one of the toughest breaks for Golden State. But, the team and their fans, have nothing to be ashamed about. Yes, I knowthe team didnt make the playoffs. But this is going to be the best team in NBA history to NOT make the playoffs. A team that is 10+ games over .500. There isnothing to hang your head over. Its a great team to watch, a few breaks away from making the playoffs, where winning 50 games of 82 will possibly getyou in the playoffs.

If you guys are in the East, your in the number three spot.

Props to both teams. I know its not over yet for GState, so hope that the race to the final spot is very close until the final second of the regular season.

Wow. This one really hurts. Gotta take my hat off to Denver though. They came ready and adjusted well with the zone from the 2nd quarter on.

Much love to the Dubs for a good season nonetheless.

lets see within a week the warriors have lost to San Antonio, Dallas, and now Denver.....warriors lost me money tonight ...thought they were going to dosomething

Yes, I know the team didnt make the playoffs. But this is going to be the best team in NBA history to NOT make the playoffs. A team that is 10+ games over .500. There is nothing to hang your head over. Its a great team to watch, a few breaks away from making the playoffs, where winning 50 games of 82 will possibly get you in the playoffs.

Absolutely-this was our best season record-wise in a long time and there's nothing to be ashamed about-the rest of the West is simply better.But we have had a bunch of games where we should have won against lesser teams and I think a lot of Warrior fans will agree with me in that if Nellie had abetter rotation (going deeper in the bench, playing more "non-small"ball) we could have an even better record.

But neither Denver or Golden State should be out of the playoffs, but it's gonna come down to that.

You guys are seriously kidding yourselves if u think Jason wouldnt have made a difference...and hello jrich is a small forward now...so monta still gets hisminutes

Despite winning almost 50 games, GSW are obviously going to have to make some serious moves. The same 9 teams will be fighting for 8 playoff spots next seasonand with Greg Oden joining the Trail Blazers, you're looking at another team with 45+ win potential.

Originally Posted by DOdADaMnTh1nG

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

SMH at the warriors, god damn.

if denver makes the playoffs they are gettin swept either way so f them.

Damn Right!!

Please like the Warriors would swept the hornets in the 1st round...the Nuggets are better than the warriors so gs would get swept be4 the nuggets would.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

smh.gif
Am I only one that doesn't agree with this? Man I loved Rich so don't get me wrong, but this dude ain't no superstar. If he was here, Monta wouldn't get as much playing time. Monta has been the only guy on this team that has played well these past few weeks. He did everything he could to keep us in games. Yeah his free throw shooting has been bad and t cost us tonight but don't act like Rich could shoot the lights out at the line. The bottom line is that was a great trade for the Warriors because Monta needed more minutes plus the money part of it. Oh yeah, we got a pretty good kid in Wright if he ever gets some +%$*%$+ minutes.

I agree. The Warriors would have to make a decision anyway because they couldn't keep J Rich, Baron & Monta after this year one would have to go soJ Rich was the odd man out. I miss him but Monta really balled this year and Wright has shown glimpses of being really good when given minutes.
To me this loss showed that the Warriors need to address getting a big man or 2 to score in the post and eat up space. Eventhough I'm pissed rightnow in the long run it could be a good thing because next year we can't depend on Baron & Sjax having career years and not missing games while playing40+ minutes. If they were to make the playoffs and maybe even get lucky and win a series things would never change and in the west you really need an insidepresence.

Good game Nuggets, you guys deserved it. If you guys hold on to the 8th spot, i will def be rooting for you guys. ( Nuggets are the only other team i like )It's a shame we both can't make it.

wow the west is gonna be serious next yr. dont sleep on the clippers either. a healthy elton brand and *gulp* shaun livingston will make them another team with45+ win potential.

Back
Top Bottom