Official Denver Nuggets @ Golden State Warriors 4/10/08 TNT

LET'S GO WARRRRRRRRRRRRRIORS!

I'm so ready for this game. Hope the W's bench steps up tonight esp mp & harrington

BELIEVE

Biggest game of the season

im going to have to leave class early for this one

WARRIORS FTW

guess whos gonna be reffin the game?

our buddy bob delaney.

imo, i think he'll us some calls
nerd.gif

My stupid boss schedules me for work on probably the biggest game of the season.

Let's take this one Warriors.

Seriously if nuggets lose this...The are done for the playoffs...cuz they still got Utah in Utah & Houston...the Warriors only have the Suns after this..

_enver I know you wont play any defense but AT LEAST get back and play decent transition d....this is a MUST WIN for _enver

pimp.gif
lets get it

[h1]The race for eighth: Warriors host Nuggets in critical game for playoff hopes[/h1]
1 day ago

OAKLAND, Calif. - Stephen Jackson thought the Golden State Warriors were good enough to avoid this kind of late-season drama. Carmelo Anthony felt the same way about his Denver Nuggets.

And in any other NBA season, both players would have been correct.

Instead, the Western Conference's eighth-place teams are headed for an unlikely showdown Thursday night in Oakland. Both of the NBA's highest-scoring clubs are tied for the final playoff spot at 47-31 with just a week left in the regular season, and their final meeting easily could determine which team will end up with the best record in league history to miss the post-season.

"We feel like we should be in, but we still have to fight for it," said Jackson, whose Warriors are nine games better than they were at this point last season, when they sneaked into the playoffs and toppled top-seeded Dallas.

"The downfall is, our record is 10 times better than it was last year. Nobody expected to have this record and be fighting to get into the playoffs, but it is what it is."

Speaking in two locker rooms 368 miles apart after their clubs' victories Tuesday night, both Jackson and Anthony called the game "a must-win."

"Two good teams who deserve to go to the playoffs are going to battle on Thursday night," coach George Karl said after the Nuggets' 18-point win over the Clippers. "When this thing all started evolving six or eight weeks ago, I remember circling the game with Golden State. We could get in (to the playoffs) if we don't win, (but) it could give us a big leg up if we do win."

There's a symmetry to the two exciting clubs that find themselves in this tough spot, thanks to the unprecedented glut of good teams in the West - and the improbable 22-game winning streak that shot the fifth-place Houston Rockets ahead of both teams.

The Warriors and the Nuggets both average more than 110 points per game, but they're also two of the most defensively deficient, yielding roughly 107 points each night. They're both inconsistent, with Denver sputtering through losses to Seattle and Sacramento last week while Golden State lost three of four on a tough road trip.

Still, if either team was in the Eastern Conference this season, it would be in fourth place. Instead, both clubs trail seventh-place Dallas (49-29) by two games with four to play.

"It's something that is just crazy right now," Denver guard Anthony Carter said. "The only thing we can do is keep winning, and hopefully everything will play out in our favour. Being 16 games over .500, I never thought we would still be fighting for a playoff spot."

The Warriors seem a bit bewildered by their predicament, given their remarkable improvements and a maturing roster. Golden State had to win 16 of its final 21 games last season just to get that No. 8 spot, ending a 12-year playoff drought.

Though coach Don Nelson is always quick to point out his team's defensive woes - particularly after allowing the banged-up Kings to score 132 points in Golden State's victory Tuesday night - he has encouraged his players to embrace Golden State's playoff squeeze.

"Our goal is to try to win five games in a row," Al Harrington said. "If we do that, we're definitely in. Ain't nothing anybody can do about that. ... Whatever team decides to play defence is going to win that game, and I think we have an excellent chance, especially on our home floor."

The Warriors expect their 30th sellout crowd of the season Thursday, though the 5 p.m. local start time is 2 1/2 hours earlier than normal, which could keep unobservant fans away until halftime.

And if the game comes down to the final minutes, as many of these teams' tough games seem to do, few clubs are better equipped to finish. Baron Davis has been one of the NBA's most dynamic late-game performers of the last few years, while Anthony and Allen Iverson also have reputations as outstanding closers.

"Our defence can improve, and it will improve as each game comes about," said Davis, who had 33 points and nine assists against Sacramento. "But for the most part, we do what we need to do, and that's win, survive, and it's on to the next game, which is the most important game of the season."

As stated in Warriors season thread -

Sweet so -

2/3 refs tonite are:

1) Derek Stafford = Tech in DC last year
2) Bob Dalaney = duped by DFish.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

pimp.gif
lets get it

[h1]The race for eighth: Warriors host Nuggets in critical game for playoff hopes[/h1]
"Two good teams who deserve to go to the playoffs are going to battle on Thursday night," coach George Karl said after the Nuggets' 18-point win over the Clippers. "When this thing all started evolving six or eight weeks ago, I remember circling the game with Golden State. We could get in (to the playoffs) if we don't win, (but) it could give us a big leg up if we do win."

%#+?????.... This lame is already making excuses...They need to fire this fat bum...

I had a free ticket offered to me by one of my homeboys but I also have a major group presentation tomorrow so i had to decline.
mad.gif
I was thinking to myself, "damn, this is the biggest game of the year forthat 8th spot against denver and i'm emotionally invested in this team...%!$! i hate school."

But with that being said...

You already know what it is.

GO WARRIORS

A little over 2 hours until game time
pimp.gif
. %%%% maybe I should get some homework done before that time
laugh.gif

Scenario A) _enver loses this game and GK gets fired at the end of the season.
Scenario B) _enver wins this game, makes it to the playoffs, more likely gets knocked out in the first round and GK gets fired.

win-win situation for the Nuggets
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Scenario A) _enver loses this game and GK gets fired at the end of the season.
Scenario B) _enver wins this game, makes it to the playoffs, more likely gets knocked out in the first round and GK gets fired.

win-win situation for the Nuggets
pimp.gif

See I'm afraid if B happens that he wont get fired and they'll keep him for the last year of his contract..

Wow just heard on the radio that every seat will have the We Believe signs and banners from last yr. Playoff atmosphere!

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Sweet so -

2/3 refs tonite are:

eyes.gif

Some of you guys are really...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Sweet so -

2/3 refs tonite are:

eyes.gif

Some of you guys are really...

Regardless of your opinion of the Fisher play, it was ridiculous period. The fact that it was AT Oracle, and the Warriors get virtually no'advantage' in comparison to other teams bothers me the most.

I'm just waiting for the third official to be like, Violet Palmer.

Anyway - Do you think the Technical that cost the Warriors the game in DC last year was ACTUALLY warranted?

Just saying- for a game like this, I honestly don't want interference ran by the refs. That was my only implication. I at least feel that Dalaneywon't be terrible, but my last impression of him wasn't so great.

why does this have to be an elimation game ugh.
Cant we just somehow get warriors and nuggets in the playoffs and get the freaking rockets or mavs outa here

I honestly don't want interference ran by the refs

This is avoidable. Someone better tell Jackson, Barnes, and Harrington to shut their mouths and limit their body language after calls. They know whatthey're doing. Tell them to knock it off.

Warrior fans should be riding their guys, not the refs.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

eek.gif
didn't realize this game was so early, 5pm on the west coast

Word, I was gonna go to my homies for a party until the game started, but....
nerd.gif
I might have to stay and watch this game, it's about to be epic (hateto use that word, but tonight is....

big_extended_edition_tom_hanks_dvd__large_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom