*Official Detroit Lions Thread*

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by minus28

I have been in the NFC North thread but my job has me working on sundays so i have to stream the game rather than post up on here. I will be going to the Raider game this year too. Last time I was there in 2007 and had the seat where Roy threw the football in the stands after his td.
pimp.gif
 Sound just like me. I have to stream almost all the games, better then nothing tho. But yea man I cant wait for that raiders game. Where are you going to try and sit? Last time I was like 15 rows back behind the Lions bench on the 50 YD line.
pimp.gif
 I always try and sit behind the team if I can find a good deal.

I don't know where yet. Of course got to wait for the lockout to end. Most of my friends are Raider fans so might go with them. My wife doesn't want to go because its the Raiders. Her fam are all die hard 49er fans. When I say die hard I mean used to work for the niners die hard. hates them to the core. 
laugh.gif
 I like to get the best seats possible because lets face it I can only see them in person once maybe twice if the planets align right. 
laugh.gif

I was thinking about going to the Raiders game since that would be the closest to me this year. What are your experiences showing up there wearing the opposing teams gear? Would be down there with maybe 2 or 3 other Lions fans no Raider fans with us.

I was thinking about going to the Raiders game since that would be the closest to me this year. What are your experiences showing up there wearing the opposing teams gear? Would be down there with maybe 2 or 3 other Lions fans no Raider fans with us.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Don't do it unless you are ready to fight or you don't plan on making noise.

When we played the Cowboys I showed up in my CJ jersey dudes were going in.

I thought we were going to have to fight NFL fans take their sports seriously.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

trust me.. you would be safe at a dolphins game..

went to our game in miami in 02 or 03.. by half time there were more eagles' fans than dolphins' fans in the stadium (I can only imagine how it would be for a jets game)

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

trust me.. you would be safe at a dolphins game..

went to our game in miami in 02 or 03.. by half time there were more eagles' fans than dolphins' fans in the stadium (I can only imagine how it would be for a jets game)

Mixed reviews on the Lions gear. My Cousin ( a die hard TB fan) went to the raider game with my dad decked out in his creamsicle Brooks jersey and he was "approached" in the bathroom by some drunk raider fans. I think it has more to do with the alcohol than anything else. I really think its up to you though. security is going to be heightened because of the Brian Stowe incident. 

Mixed reviews on the Lions gear. My Cousin ( a die hard TB fan) went to the raider game with my dad decked out in his creamsicle Brooks jersey and he was "approached" in the bathroom by some drunk raider fans. I think it has more to do with the alcohol than anything else. I really think its up to you though. security is going to be heightened because of the Brian Stowe incident. 

-Yo man I've been to OAK, SD, & SF. The worst had to be San Diego.
eek.gif
 Nobody approached me to fight or anything, but once one Charger fan started talking #!!% others joined in to try and humiliate me, but its all how you react. I just hit em with the
happy.gif
laugh.gif
 and kept moving. They smashed the Lions that day to 51 to 14. They even had the Lion that roars in the beginning of Movies play on the big screen after every TD but instead of the roar it was a cat meow!
sick.gif
  Easily one of the most humilating times as a Lions fan.

-SF was probably the best. Tail Gated with Niner and Lion fans. All the trash talk was all in good fun.

-OAK just kept to myself and had no problems, just the
indifferent.gif
 look. Would advise sitting in the black hole tho.
laugh.gif
 Behind Lions bench FTW.

-What bothers me the most is when I just try and be friendly with other Lions fans since there are not too many and get hit with the
indifferent.gif

-But yea, I wear my Barry Sanders Throwback and Lions Hat to every game I go. I dont see the point of being afraid. I think it actually takes courage to come to the opposing teams home decked out in the visiting teams gear.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ people taking the NFL too serious tho. There is no need fo violence at all.

-Yo man I've been to OAK, SD, & SF. The worst had to be San Diego.
eek.gif
 Nobody approached me to fight or anything, but once one Charger fan started talking #!!% others joined in to try and humiliate me, but its all how you react. I just hit em with the
happy.gif
laugh.gif
 and kept moving. They smashed the Lions that day to 51 to 14. They even had the Lion that roars in the beginning of Movies play on the big screen after every TD but instead of the roar it was a cat meow!
sick.gif
  Easily one of the most humilating times as a Lions fan.

-SF was probably the best. Tail Gated with Niner and Lion fans. All the trash talk was all in good fun.

-OAK just kept to myself and had no problems, just the
indifferent.gif
 look. Would advise sitting in the black hole tho.
laugh.gif
 Behind Lions bench FTW.

-What bothers me the most is when I just try and be friendly with other Lions fans since there are not too many and get hit with the
indifferent.gif

-But yea, I wear my Barry Sanders Throwback and Lions Hat to every game I go. I dont see the point of being afraid. I think it actually takes courage to come to the opposing teams home decked out in the visiting teams gear.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ people taking the NFL too serious tho. There is no need fo violence at all.

11 Lions Fans on NT
laugh.gif
unfortunately thats about right. Its not like they have been very successful in the past  10 years or so. That accounts for no bandwagon fans. lol 
laugh.gif

11 Lions Fans on NT
laugh.gif
unfortunately thats about right. Its not like they have been very successful in the past  10 years or so. That accounts for no bandwagon fans. lol 
laugh.gif

As long as you're not acting a fool in oakland you'll most likely be alright, no guarantees of course. Most of the times fights break out because fools are drunk as hell, in which case not even raiders fans themselves are not safe from each other.

As long as you're not acting a fool in oakland you'll most likely be alright, no guarantees of course. Most of the times fights break out because fools are drunk as hell, in which case not even raiders fans themselves are not safe from each other.

Im going to try and make it out to Det for a home game this year. If not the nearest game to NY.

Need to get a Pettigrew jersey already.

Im on the fence with Young. He drops the ball too much for me ... but at the same time he should do work in the slot.  I wanted this to be the year Derrick Williams really gets into the mix.

Im going to try and make it out to Det for a home game this year. If not the nearest game to NY.

Need to get a Pettigrew jersey already.

Im on the fence with Young. He drops the ball too much for me ... but at the same time he should do work in the slot.  I wanted this to be the year Derrick Williams really gets into the mix.

11 Lions Fans on NT
laugh.gif

more than the packers

and the best part about the NFL is going to away games to cheer your team on
laugh.gif
LOVE IT

i went to the @tampa bay game 2 yrs ago where they were 0-7 and beat us
indifferent.gif
and last year @new england where matt flynn almost won the game for us

so far im 0-2
laugh.gif
but had the time of my life doing it...i love when fans talk $%** to you...just laugh and drink your beer

11 Lions Fans on NT
laugh.gif

more than the packers

and the best part about the NFL is going to away games to cheer your team on
laugh.gif
LOVE IT

i went to the @tampa bay game 2 yrs ago where they were 0-7 and beat us
indifferent.gif
and last year @new england where matt flynn almost won the game for us

so far im 0-2
laugh.gif
but had the time of my life doing it...i love when fans talk $%** to you...just laugh and drink your beer

Back
Top Bottom