**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Remember, Dex found Trinity quick as @#$% too, but then he just played the game to see if he could "learn" anything from him.  But him knowing who the killer was the whole time was in our face almost the entire season.  Arthur just didn't know Dexter was. 

So he can know who Travis is, but the second he figures out that Travis has some sort of "figure" with him, much like Harry, Dex is gonna want to be all over that.  I was worried when Dex was in the car with him, but I don't think Travis saw his face at all, so Dex still has room to maneuver if that is where the show goes. 

Olmos did seem rather comfortable in the club standing right in front of the paper, but my biggest notice was the way he shoved Travis's foot down on the gas pedal.  Who the hell does that?  To me that was a mind thing.  Travis is in that car alone. 

The ONLY part that threw me off this episode, Olmos did in fact have a coffee cup in front of him this time at the bar........that I can't quite figure out.  I don't know if they are just trying to throw me off or what, but he did at least have something next to his hands. 
The chick is going to be the angle.  She used to bang this old guy, she's the one that will explain what became of him.  Is he dead, or is he something else.  Maybe Travis was the professor "she knew" and he took over for the real professor or something mixed up like that. 

And no way Brother Sam is dead.  What would the purpose be?  Have him preach at Dex for a few episodes then die?  Naw, they just givin Dex someone to chase for an episode or two while Travis and the professor advance on their scheme. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Remember, Dex found Trinity quick as @#$% too, but then he just played the game to see if he could "learn" anything from him.  But him knowing who the killer was the whole time was in our face almost the entire season.  Arthur just didn't know Dexter was. 

So he can know who Travis is, but the second he figures out that Travis has some sort of "figure" with him, much like Harry, Dex is gonna want to be all over that.  I was worried when Dex was in the car with him, but I don't think Travis saw his face at all, so Dex still has room to maneuver if that is where the show goes. 

Olmos did seem rather comfortable in the club standing right in front of the paper, but my biggest notice was the way he shoved Travis's foot down on the gas pedal.  Who the hell does that?  To me that was a mind thing.  Travis is in that car alone. 

The ONLY part that threw me off this episode, Olmos did in fact have a coffee cup in front of him this time at the bar........that I can't quite figure out.  I don't know if they are just trying to throw me off or what, but he did at least have something next to his hands. 
The chick is going to be the angle.  She used to bang this old guy, she's the one that will explain what became of him.  Is he dead, or is he something else.  Maybe Travis was the professor "she knew" and he took over for the real professor or something mixed up like that. 

And no way Brother Sam is dead.  What would the purpose be?  Have him preach at Dex for a few episodes then die?  Naw, they just givin Dex someone to chase for an episode or two while Travis and the professor advance on their scheme. 

Travis also called Olmos on his cellphone.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Im really trying to figure out why he was saying Mom though..

I went back to watch the first killing at the fruit stand in the first episode. Travis walks up behind the guy alone with a huge knife while Gellar is in the car. So it looks like Travis did kill him even though he told Dexter only Gellar had the strength to kill the victims.

Soo with that said im leaning towards the idea that Travis is killing alone.

I could see this being stretched out with Dex searching for Olmos and always finding Travis and if Dex becomes fascinated with the fact that Travis' dark passenger is Olmos. I guess the twist would be that Travis killed Olmos or has him trapped away somewhere in a dungeon. don't tryst this professor Quinn smashed.

When I think about it an old dude in one of those clubs does seem off. I can see how they could skew the scenes with Olmos in it.

For now I'm gonna assume he's real.

Originally Posted by Jay02

I can't remember, do we SEE Gellar on the phone, or we just hear his voice???  Anyone remember for certain?  I could check my DVR tonight to be sure, but I don't remember actually seeing the guy on the phone.  Travis coulda been calling anybody, totally lost and scared from almost getting murked like that. 

Whatever is going on, I don't think it's as cut and dry as 2 dudes walking around plotting stuff.  Why would Travis be at the Locus spot, and Gellar not?  Travis is the one that "doesn't want to be doing these things" and yet was there basking in the scene. 

I just don't buy this is all it appears to be.  They are setting us up for something. 

I figured he just didn't want to use Olmos' name to incriminate him. Or maybe code to alert him that something is wrong.

I can't remember, do we SEE Gellar on the phone, or we just hear his voice???  Anyone remember for certain?  I could check my DVR tonight to be sure, but I don't remember actually seeing the guy on the phone.  Travis coulda been calling anybody, totally lost and scared from almost getting murked like that. 

Whatever is going on, I don't think it's as cut and dry as 2 dudes walking around plotting stuff.  Why would Travis be at the Locus spot, and Gellar not?  Travis is the one that "doesn't want to be doing these things" and yet was there basking in the scene. 

I just don't buy this is all it appears to be.  They are setting us up for something. 

vi30nt.jpg

I don't know what to think
laugh.gif

Last week I bought into your theory but this week's episode has me doubting it.

Pretty sure Gellar is real. If he wasn't, the hot professor storyline wouldn't make any sense.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Pretty sure Gellar is real. If he wasn't, the hot professor storyline wouldn't make any sense.
She hooked up with him when she was his student.

Gellar has been "missing" for the last 3 years if I remember correctly.

In the scene where Gellar and homeboy are kneeling at the altar, gellar is bloody for one second when his apprentice glances over. I'm thinking Gellar sacrificed himself as the ultimate form of devotion to god and left an apprentice to carry on the rest of his work.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

She hooked up with him when she was his student.

Gellar has been "missing" for the last 3 years if I remember correctly.
Hm
nerd.gif

Hmmm

I figured he just didn't want to use Olmos' name to incriminate him. Or maybe code to alert him that something is wrong.
Yeah, like how the mob and other criminals talk in code on the phone.  Travis was just trying to be careful and not mention names or stuff that was really going down.
an dee 51o, Gellar might not be alive anymore but just still exist in Travis' mind.  Maybe Travis could've killed him years ago when he was thought to have disappeared and now he just imagines his interactions with him.

I'm leaning towards him being real.  We'll all see soon enough when Dexter follows Travis.  He'll either see the professor or think Travis is crazy talking to himself.

Also why did Travis look at Gellar and out of no where there was blood on him?

Perhaps Travis killed Gellar? Maybe for some sacrifice type stuff. He's now seeing the blood on him from when he killed him. Just throwing ideas out there.
Edit: Oops I see that cristobal said pretty much the same thing 
laugh.gif

Also why did Travis look at Gellar and out of no where there was blood on him?

Perhaps Travis killed Gellar? Maybe for some sacrifice type stuff. He's now seeing the blood on him from when he killed him. Just throwing ideas out there.
Edit: Oops I see that cristobal said pretty much the same thing 
laugh.gif
I said the same thing the previous page; I def. think Gellar sacrificed himself as an ultimate act to God...It fits in with Travis' speech about Gellar being brave and willing to take action.

Your mind can do some tricky things if you let it. Obviously he spoke on the phone with EJO (Edward james olmos), but that could very well be Travis talking to himself (a la tyler durden on the phone) the cup of coffee can very well be a figment of his imagination, since olmos is sitting at the coffee shop with him, the natural thing would be to project a cup of coffee as well. Do note that the waitress never intereacted with EJO or his cup of coffee either. 
Also, when Travis banged the archangel chick, EJO was standing DIRECTLY outside their bedroom door. who the hell does that?! it's as clear as day to me now that EJO is the Tyler durden of the series, meaning Dexter had the series killer in his hands AGAIN, and let him slip away.

My theory is Travis kidnapped and killed EJO 3 years ago, and that is why he is missing. during the church scene, there was a flash of EJO with blood all over his face, and then the next moment it was gone. The only way to interpret this is that it's an allusion to EJO's murder by Travis' hands some time ago. 

This series has eassily been my favorite so far. The writing is sound, despite a smaller body count by dexter, the dark vs evil facets of faith and religion and the juxtaposition of Brother Sam and Doomsday are super rich with content. Well done writers, well done. 

akajaedeuce wrote:

vi30nt.jpg

laugh.gif

Yeah......that's a tough one to explain then.......

However, and again everyone, I'm just throwing this out there.  Ya'll remember season 3 when he had Jimmy Smits with him and was showin him the ropes?  They dressed the same, and Harry came walkin in in Dexter's "kill" outfit.  Dexter even asks him, why are you dressed like that?  All of that, all of it, is in Dexter's mind.  Dead guys don't change clothes. 
laugh.gif
  Well, dead guys don't talk on phones either, but in terms of for OUR visuals, they do. 

Is it possible Travis dials a phone to call Gellar, but really he's just talkin to himself, on a phone this time?  But in terms of keeping us in the dark, they show this scene here? 
nerd.gif

It's all far fetched, I know, but Gellar doesn't seem to fit in some of this stuff.  Why could he not help Travis kidnap a girl on the dock?  2 guys is better than just one.  It makes no sense.  Why not help to kill the roadstand guy?  2 guys is better than one.  They have put just enough out there to make us question if he's even real, why do that if they aren't going to use it?  If he was real real real, why not have him go up and slap somebody?  Why has not one other person said a word to him?  Whenever he is around other people, a bar, the kitchen with the girl, none of them even ackowledge he's there.  There HAS to be something to that. 

So for now, I will ride with the theory still, he ain't there.  Travis is nuttier than a fruitcake and while Travis and Dexter fight it out, maybe we'll see Gellar and Harry square off. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

akajaedeuce wrote:

vi30nt.jpg

laugh.gif

Yeah......that's a tough one to explain then.......

However, and again everyone, I'm just throwing this out there.  Ya'll remember season 3 when he had Jimmy Smits with him and was showin him the ropes?  They dressed the same, and Harry came walkin in in Dexter's "kill" outfit.  Dexter even asks him, why are you dressed like that?  All of that, all of it, is in Dexter's mind.  Dead guys don't change clothes. 
laugh.gif
  Well, dead guys don't talk on phones either, but in terms of for OUR visuals, they do. 

Is it possible Travis dials a phone to call Gellar, but really he's just talkin to himself, on a phone this time?  But in terms of keeping us in the dark, they show this scene here? 
nerd.gif

It's all far fetched, I know, but Gellar doesn't seem to fit in some of this stuff.  Why could he not help Travis kidnap a girl on the dock?  2 guys is better than just one.  It makes no sense.  Why not help to kill the roadstand guy?  2 guys is better than one.  They have put just enough out there to make us question if he's even real, why do that if they aren't going to use it?  If he was real real real, why not have him go up and slap somebody?  Why has not one other person said a word to him?  Whenever he is around other people, a bar, the kitchen with the girl, none of them even ackowledge he's there.  There HAS to be something to that. 

So for now, I will ride with the theory still, he ain't there.  Travis is nuttier than a fruitcake and while Travis and Dexter fight it out, maybe we'll see Gellar and Harry square off. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Read my post just above this one. I'm sure it's just travis's mind talking to himself, seaking approval and forgiveness from himself/god/the professor for not being able to kidnap the lady. David Finch did the same thing in fight club with tyler durden

Maybe Travis had a troubled past so once he got spooked by Dexter the only person he wanted to talk to was his Mom who may be dead as well. But everything in his mind is blocked by Gellar. Again, goes along with the theory of Gellar being imaginary.

Tonights episode is fantastic!!!!!!
pimp.gif
I'll give my thoughts tomorrow, gonna watch it again with the wife in a bit.

We dont need spoiler alerts in here do we? I kind of assumed if you enter this thread you've seen the past episode to discuss it. If not stop reading here.

The mood just shifted immensely 
eek.gif

Thought he was gonna turn for the good because of Mos Def. Instead it looks like Dexters gonna go OFF. His brother as his dark passenger 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 AND they're linking the episode to the Trinity Killer 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 They just linked this season with the top 2 seasons in the series. This easily looks like it will be the best one yet imo. 

Quinn 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom