**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Originally Posted by LieutenantDan93

Originally Posted by youngin33

Intern has a sick obsession, her character has peaked my interest. Possible relationship with the Ice Truck Killer?

eek.gif
 definitely could see that. I feel like she's going to kill Masuka 

Hope not, Masuka brings the lulz.
laugh.gif

I have a feeling her being so interested in the Ice Truck Killer case might lead to her discovering ITK's connection to Dexter.

She looks familiar too; wasn't she on Heroes?

Another solid episode. I too think the intern might find something in regards to the Ice Truck Killer case.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This was a good episode?

I was just left saying "meh" afterwards. They set up the religious aspect, gave us the villains who while creepy don't instill fear or much mystery to me initially, and we have Quinn nervous to propose to Deb.. how interesting. Dex at the reunion was funny at times but it was all very average for me.

I guess I can blame myself for watching this after the most recent Breaking Bad... so Dexter was going to be pretty boring in comparison. I'll hold out hope I enjoy it more throughout the season, but after last season I think Dexter is definitely going downhill in regards to quality. It will still be among the better dramas on TV, but it's in a clear 2nd tier compared to others.
It was only a matter of time before nt'ers started to dis Dexter; I guess with Entourage being over you guys need something new to hate on.

It was a good season premier and
laugh.gif
 @ Dexter going downhill in regards to quality. I swear you guys are never pleased, do us all a favor and stay out of the Dexter season thread from here on out. Stick to Breaking Bad and other Tier 1 shows.

Dexter has been getting progressively worse since Season 1............................Period...........

First 2 seasons were off the book, so there was some consistecy to it...............After Season 2, its been crap, they've been trying to humanize this guy in his mid 30's...........Cmon...........

BTW, I know this came off the book, but you cant have a blood splatter analysis dealing with the technology they deal with picking up his cellphone after murdering someone.........
Trinity Killer...?

Originally Posted by youngin33

Intern has a sick obsession, her character has peaked my interest. Possible relationship with the Ice Truck Killer?

Her obsession with the case had me curious, but I'm really liking Mos Def's character.

Caught up on the past 2 episodes tonight, I feared if I didn't I'd end up missing the whole season.

I really like Mos Def's character, presenting Dexter with God, faith, redemption, through Mos works well so far. I absolutely did not care about Edward James Olmos and Collin Hanks.. Hanks is such an awful actor he makes Masuka look like DeNiro. That is until the final scene with the horses... and only because that was creepy as hell. But the episodes have really dragged whenever they cut in.

Deb and the promotion makes a lot of sense, if I had to deal with a season of her and Quinn and her wasting time I'd be disappointed. I've always been hit and miss with Deb, sometimes she's great and others I think she's awful, but I'm optimistic about her this season.

I've thought Dexter's narration was far too intrusive and unnecessary this season... I understand the point for it and most of the time it's used effectively, but a few times this season I said to myself "do the writers think the audience is that stupid?" Narration is necessary for this show because Dexter is so removed from outward emotion, but when they spell out every plot detail or explanation, it gets tiring.

Something that hit me when reading a review online, but does anyone get tired of Dexter's kill of the week? Yes, yes, his dark passenger and all that, but it seems like they really force in each episode, Dex has to kill. I felt a little cheated when he discovers, quite easily, the Tooth Fairy... then he's killed off 25 minutes later? I thought they could have stretched out out a couple episodes because the angle of Dexter seeing himself possibly in the future was interesting to me and was disappointed they moved on so quickly. I'll trust and hope it's because they're going to get into the heavy stuff with the two villains but still, that seemed like a missed opportunity.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Deb and the promotion makes a lot of sense, if I had to deal with a season of her and Quinn and her wasting time I'd be disappointed. I've always been hit and miss with Deb, sometimes she's great and others I think she's awful, but I'm optimistic about her this season.

thats her character though, she's been thrown into promotions too fast, first detective and now same with being liutenant, its always office politics bs that causes her to wind up such positions

before she was borderline not qualified to handle being a detective, especially w/o dexters help, but eventually she was able to handle.  im sure the same will be the case with her as liutenant

as for tonights ep, it was a very good episode, no prey for dexter tonight but its nice they took a break from it and focused on the overarching antagonists

on another note, i had no idea that michael c hall married the chick that plays debra and then divorced
eek.gif

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Deb is going to end up letting that new officer smash

She always adds at least ONE body to her count every season.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Deb is going to end up letting that new officer smash

Yeah they seem to be hinted at that by how Deb was looking to dude for advice.

And some of us might of been overthinking Ryan being so interested in the old cases.

Broad just trying to make a quick buck on Ebay.
laugh.gif

I'm liking the dynamic between Dexter and Brother Sam. I have a feeling he's going help Dexter take out Professor Gellar and/or Travis.

J, I wish they would have let the Tooth Fairy simmer a bit too.  I thought that was going to be a bigger angle, him wondering what he's gonna do when he's no longer strong enough to handle some of the people he takes down.  Could have been interesting.  Or even hinted at what may end up happening to him. 
nerd.gif

Ep 4 last night, anyone notice the waitress poured the coffee, and never once looked at the professor?  And he been "missing" for 3 years.  I'm wondering, maybe he's like Harry.  Even the girl in the kitchen, she never even reacted to him, all she did was stare straight at Colin Hanks the entire time, It's making me wonder if he's actually alone, even though Dex thinks there is 2 killers, it could be a personality type thing, Colin is fighting himself so to speak.  I'm probably reaching, but we'll see. 

Ryan wanting all the back info on former killings was making we wonder if she's another Rudy.  Dexter's cousin or something. 
laugh.gif
  I suppose they got out of it by just saying she tryna make some money, but there could still be a surprise in her story yet. 

The "angel" scene was one of the best Dexter has given us.  I can't think of another killing like that right in front of everybody.  That was a great scene, Saw-esque.  The imagery of this season has been fantastic, first with the horses and now this one, can't wait to see what they pull off next. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

J, I wish they would have let the Tooth Fairy simmer a bit too.  I thought that was going to be a bigger angle, him wondering what he's gonna do when he's no longer strong enough to handle some of the people he takes down.  Could have been interesting.  Or even hinted at what may end up happening to him. 
nerd.gif

Ep 4 last night, anyone notice the waitress poured the coffee, and never once looked at the professor?  And he been "missing" for 3 years.  I'm wondering, maybe he's like Harry.  Even the girl in the kitchen, she never even reacted to him, all she did was stare straight at Colin Hanks the entire time, It's making me wonder if he's actually alone, even though Dex thinks there is 2 killers, it could be a personality type thing, Colin is fighting himself so to speak.  I'm probably reaching, but we'll see. 

Ryan wanting all the back info on former killings was making we wonder if she's another Rudy.  Dexter's cousin or something. 
laugh.gif
  I suppose they got out of it by just saying she tryna make some money, but there could still be a surprise in her story yet. 

The "angel" scene was one of the best Dexter has given us.  I can't think of another killing like that right in front of everybody.  That was a great scene, Saw-esque.  The imagery of this season has been fantastic, first with the horses and now this one, can't wait to see what they pull off next. 
Got damn, took all the words outta my mouth
laugh.gif
. I'm definitely liking this season so far and I'm not quite sure where it's headed but I have faith some BIG things are going to happen down the road.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Also he didn't have a cup of coffee at the table. And the painting he was working on was already finished I believe.

Love the part with Dexter's dad in the hospital room, about Dex talking to an imaginary father figure
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

All of this. You can tell that now that he pretty much knows who the killer is the season is going to pick up a little more. It had been dragging a little bit. But it always does the first couple episodes. 
The Ryan chick cant be done after that. That would be a weak way to end her story considering she is one of the reasons they are referring back to The ITK. She could have done much more snooping and found something about Dexter.  Hell Masuka aint even smash. Atleast let that man cook. 

But other than that. I think you might be right about the whole Colin Hanks character having a "Harry" type presence with him and thats who the professor is.  Because now that you mention it. I dont think anyone the whole season has acknowledged him other than Colin's character. Plus the whole "Faith in a higher power" thing this season has going on would make a lot of sense that he was acting out of faith and a following of someone who is no longer living. 

yooo, thats a good theory CP, i can definitely see that happening. didn't really think of it since Dex thought there were 2 killers.

The dynamic between Dexter and Brother Sam is interesting. As their relationship continues to grow I can't help but wonder if he will end up on Dexter's table.

I like the Brother Sam character.  He's turning out to be a really good person and real friend to Dex.  He doesn't have any friends outside of work.  He makes Dex believe that people can change and have second chances.  I remember in one of the previous seasons he made a mistake and killed the wrong person (the writers never reference that).
I hope Vince gets to smash Ryan.  She's real shady but might actually be into him.  She was looking at Bautista before, maybe she ends up being with him.

The angle with Travis and Geller is one that was thought all along. Still kind of tough to figure, but it's been on my mind the whole season.

Good ep last night, the killings are so imaginative this season.

New detective is goin to play a big role, and no way the intern gets faded out that quick.

The professor being part of Colin Hanks' imagination is a good theory.  But why would they show an imaginary character watching him have sex with that waitress?  Might be to just keep the audience thinking he's physically really there or the student just has a messed up mind that he even imagines that he's watching without him knowing somehow.

i thought it would be a good twist if the professor was part of his imagination. more and more hints keep getting dropped about it as the show goes on. he's basically his harry.

Back
Top Bottom