Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

For Super the manga is really just a tease for the anime from what I can tell and I know that Akira Toriyama is actually working directly on the anime this time around, just as he did the film. So i'd take both the anime and film over the manga.

Yeah the BGM with the holy chants for Super Saiyan God is so ridiculous and dope at the same time :lol:

bruce faulconer DBZ audio is garbage and not canon, they should only bring out 1 version with the original japanese background audio and not that wanky ish what is edited for the american market to broadcast on cartoon network and other kiddie channels :smh:   :smh:

Nal Falconer is the SOLE reason DBZ was as great as it was. Falconers BGM captured your emotions and what was going on in the show very well. I tried to rewatch DBZ with the Japanese BGM and it was hella boring, damn near unwatcheable.

For Super the manga is really just a tease for the anime from what I can tell and I know that Akira Toriyama is actually working directly on the anime this time around, just as he did the film. So i'd take both the anime and film over the manga.

The only reason I say the manga over the films is because the manga more closely reflects the changes that the anime made in the retellings.

Super anime is like the Rebuild series (movies) of Evangelion.

Originally Posted by AIRMAXDISCIPLE  

bruce faulconer DBZ audio is garbage and not canon, they should only bring out 1 version with the original japanese background audio and not that wanky ish what is edited for the american market to broadcast on cartoon network and other kiddie channels
Nal Falconer is the SOLE reason DBZ was as great as it was. Falconers BGM captured your emotions and what was going on in the show very well. I tried to rewatch DBZ with the Japanese BGM and it was hella boring, damn near unwatcheable.
This. I would have agreed with the original post for 90% of animes, but the US DBZ music is infinitely better than the japanese.

Gohan's theme 
pimp.gif

Vegeta's theme 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

This. I would have agreed with the original post for 90% of animes, but the US DBZ music is infinitely better than the japanese.

Gohan's theme 
pimp.gif

Vegeta's theme 
pimp.gif

He gave Future Trunks the best themes because he is Faulconer's favorite character.

Songs like these are why dbz was so great. It accurately captured the feeling in these moments. It's weird to say but it gave a "this is what I would expect background music for being underwater to sound like" kind of feel.

Everyone's stronger than Gohan was when he beat Cell except for Gohan apparently :lol: Biggest waste of potential in anime history.

Everyone's stronger than Gohan was when he beat Cell except for Gohan apparently :lol: Biggest waste of potential in anime history.

i feel like not enough people die in DBZ another weak point tbh gohan being useless with out killing him off kinda works :lol:

Last edited:
I was thinking about this last week. We need a major death but everyone has died once and under normal circumstances you only get two lives. They're not killing off anyone.

Back
Top Bottom