Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

SS3 Goku could've defeated Fat Buu. He said it himself to Vegeta.

Fat Buu is stronger than Gohan.

Therefore, Trunks was able to be in par with SS3 Goku, Trunks can defeat Fat Buu.

Gohan is lesser to Trunks and lesser to Buu
This is all over the place
First of all Ss3 goku buu arc =\= dragon ball super ss3 Goku
And you're just asserting that gohan is weaker than fat buu? Which gohan? When?

Last edited:
This is all over the place
First of all Ss3 goku buu arc =\= dragon ball super ss3 Goku
And you're just asserting that gohan is weaker than fat buu? Which gohan? When?

Ssj3 goku in super is wayyyyyy stronger than ssj3 in Z. He could barely maintain that form in Z. So trunks ssj2 is on another level since he was equal to ssj3 goku. However, mystic gohan in z was stronger than skinny pink buu who we all know is way stronger than fat buu. But Gohan in super held his own against ssj goku so let's see. You can't never be too sure with power scaling. Next thing you know Gohan unlocks that ssj blue aura form trunks had and ends up being as strong as ssb lol

DBS has continually showed us that at this point shiny new hair styles mean nothing the more and more the series goes on.

Get with the new program or get left behind.

Hendrix was right behind Goku and Vegeta by the time the Black arc was over. Manga showed that his SSJ2 form was scratching the surface Goku's SSJ3 form.

Didn't trunks say he fought Babidi, Dabura and Majin Buu in his timeline? Defeating them? At SSJ2?

Last edited:
View media item 2331811
Only reason he one shotted trunks.

Wait what did Goku do? Lmao. looks like he just moved out the way.
DBS has continually showed us that at this point shiny new hair styles mean nothing the more and more the series goes on.

Hendrix was right behind Goku and Vegeta by the time the Black arc was over. Manga showed that his SSJ2 form was scratching the surface Goku's SSJ3 form.

Didn't trunks say he fought Babidi, Dabura and Majin Buu in his timeline? Defeating them? At SSJ2?

Trunks = Hendrix?

View media item 2331811
Only reason he one shotted trunks.

Wait what did Goku do? Lmao. looks like he just moved out the way.

Trunks = Hendrix?

Yeah :lol:

And Goku was supposed to be fighting trunks as SSJ3 vs SSj2 because Trunks had never seen SSJG. But Trunks' power was leveled with him to the point that Goku had to one shot him with SSJG. Thats why they called him immature because he just couldn't help himself in order to win.

Last edited:
Ohhh lmao. Cause all I seen was a frame with his foot :lol:

In the Anime it played out differently didn't it? Don't remember lol too juiced for the universal survival arc

All of that assumes gohans base is the same now than it was back then. We know that gohan is weaker than his mystic form (strongest non fused character in DBZ) but no where does it state where's he's at now. Just that he's out of practice. To say that gohan is weaker than fat buu is also to say that Frieza became stronger, if not just as strong as ssb goku, by training with someone who is significantly weaker than pre mystic gohan. Explain how Tagoma could have even stood up to one punch from an increasingly stronger Frieza if he was that weak?

Tagoma didn't stand up to Frieza. He was beaten daily and then used the recovery machine to come back from it. Technology kept him alive, not strength.

Ssj3 goku in super is wayyyyyy stronger than ssj3 in Z. He could barely maintain that form in Z. So trunks ssj2 is on another level since he was equal to ssj3 goku. However, mystic gohan in z was stronger than skinny pink buu who we all know is way stronger than fat buu. But Gohan in super held his own against ssj goku so let's see. You can't never be too sure with power scaling. Next thing you know Gohan unlocks that ssj blue aura form trunks had and ends up being as strong as ssb lol

Not dying while sparring with your dad does not equal holding your own. Goku vs Hit, now that was REAL sparring. Or Goku vs Monaka (Beerus)

Edit.

Never knew that about the manga with SSJ3 Goku and Trunks. :lol: they definitely didn't show him using the god form on the show.

Last edited:
Tagoma didn't stand up to Frieza. He was beaten daily and then used the recovery machine to come back from it. Technology kept him alive, not strength.

My point still stands though. We've seen nothing as of yet to say That buu is stronger than he was in the Majin buu arc because he doesn't train and he hasn't absorbed anyone new from what we know of. You're saying that's who gohan is weaker than. You're pretty much placing gohan at pre-cell games level strength. You're comfortable making that statement?

I wouldn't go that far. But based on what we've seen, Ssj2 Gohan was weaker than Fat Buu. He has stopped training to the point where he cannot maintain a base super saiyan form. I'll be generous and assume his base in Super is that of Z super saiyan. So him going ssj in Super would be comparable to ssj2 in Z. Which we already know is weaker than Fat Buu.

I wouldn't go that far. But based on what we've seen, Ssj2 Gohan was weaker than Fat Buu. He has stopped training to the point where he cannot maintain a base super saiyan form. I'll be generous and assume his base in Super is that of Z super saiyan. So him going ssj in Super would be comparable to ssj2 in Z. Which we already know is weaker than Fat Buu.

All of that assumes that gohans base form wasn't affected at all by the mystic unlocking. Like I said we know for a fact that he's weaker than he used to be, but by how much is completely unclear. And also what we can assume is that fat buu is only as strong as he was in DBZ. Which was the weakest form of Majin buu introducedz. Also We do know that at this point gohan can transform far more easily and readily than when he fought Tagoma. Which we saw twice when he was fighting during the last filler arc as great saiyaman and when he easily transformed to spar with goku. So this whole "he can barely transform" line is moot at this point in the story.

You're not being honest with yourself if you think these gohans are at same level

IQAkeQ

9t3c9P

Some of you guys want gohan to be weak and remain catching L's so bad that you completely ignore the fact that he's clearly gotten stronger since the beginning of Super.
Mh8y0i

Bruh, he's fighting a level 1 SSJ Goku..

No blue hair, no long hair, no electricity, no nothing.

One would hope he can keep up with that, or he's really worthless.

Bruh, he's fighting a level 1 SSJ Goku..

No blue hair, no long hair, no electricity, no nothing.

One would hope he can keep up with that, or he's really worthless.

You realize that power levels don't stay stagnant right?

Think about what you just said. I don't think your realize the significance of gohan even being able to keep up in super Saiyan form.

Then remember that goku absorbed SSG into his base form.
Then remember after absorbing it into his base form it was SSJ1 that goku was fighting beerus, after being washed in SSJ3 pre transformation. Gokus SS1 now is significantly stronger than his SSJ3 ever was in DBZ. Argue goku was holding back all you want, but theres significance in the fact that they both went ssj1 to spar. 1, gohan clearly has control of the SS1 transformation, and 2 if he was as weak as everyone seems to think he is, what's the point of transforming? Goku in base and in SS1 form now in super completely eclipses any enemy that was ever introduced aside from possible super buu only because there's no real way to put a scale on how powerful he was.

Last edited:
Your point is exactly my point to a degree. Power levels aren't stagnant. And Goku clearly wasn't using the top end of his base SSJ1 form.

Kaioken base Goku could probably wash a SSJ Gohan.

The only significance in them going SSJ1 is because Gohan can't handle more than that.

Goku was toying with Gohan, playing his little "great saiyanman" game. You think Goku was going to go top end with Chi chi a few feet away from them?

I get it, Gohan has potential. But Gohan is a constant reminder in the series that talent without hard work is just that. Potential

Goku trains goten in base form because thats all he can handle. He trains Gohan in SSJ1 because thats all he can handle. He trains with Vegeta as SSJB because thats his level..

SSJ1 Goku would wash Gohan no hesitation, but he doesn't... Because that would be stupid. No matter how much of a dead beat he is.. Gohan got him with a slick little hit.

Goku is always getting caught sleeping... That shouldn't be an indication of Gohan making some future power up.

Last edited:
Your point is exactly my point to a degree. Power levels aren't stagnant. And Goku clearly wasn't using the top end of his base SSJ1 form.

Kaioken base Goku could probably wash a SSJ Gohan.

The only significance in them going SSJ1 is because Gohan can't handle more than that.

Goku was toying with Gohan, playing his little "great saiyanman" game. You think Goku was going to go top end with Chi chi a few feet away from them?

I get it, Gohan has potential. But Gohan is a constant reminder in the series that talent without hard work is just that. Potential

Goku trains goten in base form because thats all he can handle. He trains Gohan in SSJ1 because thats all he can handle. He trains with Vegeta as SSJB because thats his level..

SSJ1 Goku would wash Gohan no hesitation, but he doesn't... Because that would be stupid. No matter how much of a dead beat he is.. Gohan got him with a slick little hit. Gohan is always getting caught sleeping...

I only brought up the form change because you said it was ONLY ss1 as if that form isn't capable of any significant power on gokus end. I don't doubt for a second that goku could beat gohan. But my orginal point that gohan has gotten stronger. Rico and others were arguing that gohan was weaker than buu soley because he could barely transform. his spar with goku not only proves that he's capable of transforming without the stress and strain and maintance problems he had in the revival arc but he's also stronger than what Rico is estimating.

Gohan has been knocked out exactly twice in super now from what I recall. Once by beerus, and once by Frieza. Two characters that would be stronger than him regardless of where he stood in power. But for whatever reason people are ignoring the last few episodes that show gohan has clearly gotten stronger than the revival of f gohan that people seem to only remember. He's obviously been doing some off screen training.

Are you saying that base gohan can take base (Saiyan beyond God) goku?

Last edited:
But Gohan has been capable of sustaining his SSJ1 form since he walked out of the time chamber before the cell games. Gohan could live the rest of his life as a SSJ and not be fatigued.

Then they took his SSJ abilities away when he tried to gameshark his way to power before Buu.

So one would assume that he has regressed in power because he's able to transform into SSJ again, when he was technically stronger in mystic form. It would make perfect sense why Buu would be stronger than Gohan because Gohan hasn't trained for 5 years. Where as Buu's power is stagnant. Just like Freeza and Hit, Buu doesn't have to train. His power just is what it is, and it can only go up not down from not training.

If Gohan were to fight Majin Buu right now, Buu would give him the toughest fight of his life.

But Gohans potential gives him a greater chance of beating Buu if he trained (cue batman prep time)

But what you're saying is, Gohansfight with Goku shows that he can transform without the strain, but he's always been able to do that. Since he was 11 years old. So you're right with that point.

But I don't think pound for pound current Gohan could take down current Majin Buu. Not unless he has that bipolar panic attack mid fight like he's 6 years old again.

Gohans lack of training for half a decade puts him below the bar.

I would argue that current SSJ Gotenks could beat Gohan. But gotenks can't beat Buu...

Last edited:
[

Are you saying that base gohan can take base (Saiyan beyond God) goku?

Not at all.

Goku's base form is now equal to where he was when he fought Beerus as red form.

If we go by what Goku has achieved, Goku at any form realistically would wash any form of Gohan at any point in the series. I have no doubt that if pushed without transforming, Goku would wash Gohan. No Kaioken, no nothing.

Mystic Gohan isn't even touching base Goku at this point. He fought the god of destruction. Mystic Gohan had trouble with Super Buu...

But you have to remember, all this crap with Gohan sparring with Goku is happening and Goku also got shot with a gun and bled. Goku clearly wasn't on his P's and Q's when he and Gohan were sparring.

Gohan will have an increase in power, but its not going to be anything on the level that Trunks got. Trunks, Goku, Vegeta are in another realm of power. Gohan is nowhere near that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom