Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

So they're evenly matched, then why couldn't Goku break out of the destruction bubble? Was it because he was in base? And how does this tie in to the mortal even a god of destruction can't defeat?
Great episode nonetheless.
Goku was holding back,

He didn't pull out his trump card

Just maxed SSB, Clearly when he went toe to toe with Gohan he went all out.

Gohan > Freiza 

Manga has Goku using the  Haikai Destruction move on Zamasu 

Last edited:

So they're evenly matched, then why couldn't Goku break out of the destruction bubble? Was it because he was in base? And how does this tie in to the mortal even a god of destruction can't defeat?
Great episode nonetheless.
yeah i believe it's because he was at base while frieza was in golden form. bet goku would've easily snapped out of it if he were already blue or blue + kaioken

:lol: @ goku fighting everyone in blue except frieza whos actually on par with him. This makes me think Jiren ,etc will be OP based on how they made everyone stronger. Frieza will likely do something stupid and Vegeta himself will throw this guy out the arena and gets erased on the spot lol

The old episode 96 rumors damn near became true............UNTIL Beerus and Whis arrive for the save

Beerus saved us from having Yamcha as Frieza's and Buu's replacement LOL

^ Sheesh at the first one :lol:

We were blessed that they managed to improve their schedule. May our fight scenes never look like that again.

At the same time, the fight this week was for an incredibly stupid reason. Goku's handling of Frieza has been moronic so far.

Frieza was equally dumb for assuming with no basis that Universe 9 would be any safer for him than 7 is.

Geez, the difference is insane. They're still pumping these out at the same pace so the early difficulties were seemingly avoidable.

Those rumours were too closed for my liking. We need an episode spoiler rule.

:wow: at those drawing comparisons.

Geez, the difference is insane. They're still pumping these out at the same pace so the early difficulties were seemingly avoidable.

Not true.

Between being able to put more stationary, dialogue heavy episodes in between big action scenes, having one or two weeks off in recent months, and seeming to have found a few studios they can outsource scenes/episodes to consistently; they're in quite a different place than they were for those first 2-3 arcs.

Things should've never been that bad though. It would've made way more sense to delay the start of the series by a month or something than to voluntarily jump into the hectic situation they did.

Last edited:
Frieza is that ***** :x :smh: :pimp:

Goku gotta be the dumbest character in history for using Frieza as the tenth member and not expecting problems. :rofl: :lol:

laugh.gif
@ goku fighting everyone in blue except frieza whos actually on par with him. This makes me think Jiren ,etc will be OP based on how they made everyone stronger. Frieza will likely do something stupid and Vegeta himself will throw this guy out the arena and gets erased on the spot lol
If Frieza turns, Vegeta has to be the one to check him. 

Idk if I should be encouraged or not that there really hasn't been much attention paid to Vegeta leading up to this tournament. It'll probably be status quo for him but dammit I want a shining moment finally.

Really sad how some of yall swore up and down that DBS was so incredible with that poor *** animation then

Should be ashamed of yourselves smh

^lmao i was about to say the same thing.

Dudes were caping hard for them sorry *** animations. Its 2017, there is no excuse why a big name anime like DBS looked like that.

Today's episode was GREAT.

Frieza is damn evil. Today's episode reminded me when he blew up planet Vegeta and just laughed hysterically while it was happening.

The animation is GREAT. Got me HYPED for next weekend

Where are ya'll watching newer episodes on?

Watching through Adult Swim on Cartoon Network and it's only an episode every week. Barely on the Ginyu Force episode.

Idk if I should be encouraged or not that there really hasn't been much attention paid to Vegeta leading up to this tournament. It'll probably be status quo for him but dammit I want a shining moment finally.
That's how it always is with Vegeta.
  • No attention on Vegeta, then he shows up in Android Saga, goes SSJ and then he recounts the tale of what he went through, while whipping ***
  • Cell Saga, just see him and Trunks enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Only see Vegeta's power when he faces 2nd form Cell, and then you see flashbacks to his training in the Time Chamber. Kicking Cell's ***.
  • Buu Saga... only see Vegeta's true power when he lets Babidi control him. Vegeta expresses how hard he's been training, his agony, and the reasons for allowing Babidi to control him.
  • When Vegeta came out the hyperbolic time chamber in Super, he was whooping Black's ***
I can only picture Vegeta being epic and surprising everybody again, because that's what he's been doing historically.

Maybe they didn't animate the earlier episodes well because they were just recaps of movies.

Back
Top Bottom