Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

how does goku go from "if we leave he'll be sure to win" as super buu, but gets ready to beat kid buu in a 1vs1 in ssj3 if kid buu is stronger?

absorbing piccolo didnt make buu weaker, the fusion wearing off is what made him weaker. thats a false equivalency

two examples from two different forms of super buu. Super Buu Gohan absorbed is stronger than both examples. I wish I could find official scans but this basics are about the same.

buu2.PNG
buu3.PNG
Buu calling himself the strongest Majin with Gotenks absorbed just loses all creditability in my eyes :lol:

You all need to pay attention to the minor details. Elder Supreme Kai clearly states, and Kebito Kai confirms, that when kid Buu absorbed the other Kais their kind spirits weakened Buu specifically stated as "brought his power down. This is seemed to be proven when Buu splits in two and the Evil Buu easily overpowers Majin Buu. This means that the absorption of piccolo, gohan, goten, and trunks would have to overcome that initial weakening and then power him up more. This may be specific to Kais However it could be argued that due to Gohan and Goten's pure spirits the power increase would not be enough. It is even possible that Trunks purity could affect buu negatively as he is a child and displays none of the traits of his father but rather acts more like Gohan and Goku when he was a child. Also Piccolo was fused with Kami and Nail whose kind spirits seemed to have overcome the evil that once existed meaning that Piccolo himself could be pure. So it is quite possible that while they absorbtion makes Super Buu stronger than his base Super Buu form, it does not mean that he is necessarily stronger than Kid Buu.
how does goku go from "if we leave he'll be sure to win" as super buu, but gets ready to beat kid buu in a 1vs1 in ssj3 if kid buu is stronger?
You're acting as if they were confident they could beat Kid Buu with no issues

They just had no other choice, no options, didn't wanna fuse and no where to run. They had to confront him head on and still got molly whopped the whole time

When Buu was fighting dead Vegeta in the other world was probably the most nervous I've ever been in the series :lol:

Buu calling himself the strongest Majin with Gotenks absorbed just loses all creditability in my eyes :lol:

You all need to pay attention to the minor details. Elder Supreme Kai clearly states, and Kebito Kai confirms, that when kid Buu absorbed the other Kais their kind spirits weakened Buu specifically stated as "brought his power down. This is seemed to be proven when Buu splits in two and the Evil Buu easily overpowers Majin Buu. This means that the absorption of piccolo, gohan, goten, and trunks would have to overcome that initial weakening and then power him up more. This may be specific to Kais However it could be argued that due to Gohan and Goten's pure spirits the power increase would not be enough. It is even possible that Trunks purity could affect buu negatively as he is a child and displays none of the traits of his father but rather acts more like Gohan and Goku when he was a child. Also Piccolo was fused with Kami and Nail whose kind spirits seemed to have overcome the evil that once existed meaning that Piccolo himself could be pure. So it is quite possible that while they absorbtion makes Super Buu stronger than his base Super Buu form, it does not mean that he is necessarily stronger than Kid Buu.
everything in bold is an assumption.

like i said, before ONE kai made buu weaker, and that was the grand supreme kai and it was specifically stated that it was due to his kindness. buu only absorbed 2 kais and he killed the other 2. the grand supreme kai was the only one EVER stated to make him weaker. nothing in the manga or anime says that absorbing southern supreme kai (the strongest kai at the time) made him any weaker.

You're acting as if they were confident they could beat Kid Buu with no issues

They just had no other choice, no options, didn't wanna fuse and no where to run. They had to confront him head on and still got molly whopped the whole time

thats exactly what it was though, goku explicitly said and showed at many points that he couldnt take super buu, but as kid buu he was confident that he could fight him, until he realized he had too much taken out of him in the fighting before. Remember they turned down using the patora earings a second time when they got back to supreme kais planet for the final fight. but when goku got to earth before boo destroyed it goku was literally looking to fuse with ANYONE (tien who was passed out and hercule) after gohan was absorbed.

and just to add more spice to this debate

vegito>super buu(gohan absorbed)>super buu (gotenks absorbed)>mystic gohan>ssj3 gotenks> ssj3 goku ≈ kid buu>fat buu>vegeta

buuhan is the strongest buu- only vegeto, beerus, and whis could've defeated him... buuhan would've destroyed that spirit bomb goku sent to kid buu

everything in bold is an assumption.

like i said, before ONE kai made buu weaker, and that was the grand supreme kai and it was specifically stated that it was due to his kindness. buu only absorbed 2 kais and he killed the other 2. the grand supreme kai was the only one EVER stated to make him weaker. nothing in the manga or anime says that absorbing southern supreme kai (the strongest kai at the time) made him any weaker.

thats exactly what it was though, goku explicitly said and showed at many points that he couldnt take super buu, but as kid buu he was confident that he could fight him, until he realized he had too much taken out of him in the fighting before. Remember they turned down using the patora earings a second time when they got back to supreme kais planet for the final fight. but when goku got to earth before boo destroyed it goku was literally looking to fuse with ANYONE (tien who was passed out and hercule) after gohan was absorbed.

and just to add more spice to this debate

vegito>super buu(gohan absorbed)>super buu (gotenks absorbed)>mystic gohan>ssj3 gotenks> ssj3 goku ≈ kid buu>fat buu>vegeta
Alright man, good debate, we both made some good points but at the end of the day its one of those things where there is no definitive answer so let's just kill it here :lol:

ill close with something i found online
"Actually no, what he states is that's what he had been thinking of doing, but that he hadn't done so yet.

Vegeta: “Don’t hesitate for my sake, and finish him off! With that Super Saiyan 3, you should be able to completely wipe out Boo with your ki once you gather it with all your might…!”

Goku: “Ye…yeah…I’ve been thinking of doing that as well since awhile back, but…I haven’t gotten the chance.”

So, by Goku's own admission, he's stated he hasn't had the chance to try it. He had been considering it for a bit, but by the time he had, he had drained too much power to pull it off.

The translation I gave is from the original manga, as per Herms' translation of the line (and corroborated by others). Why Viz went with a translation that suggests Goku actually had been trying is unknown, but the original line makes it clear that he had yet to actually attempt it. By the the time he had actually realized that was how he should try and destroy Buu, he had burned too much of his energy to actually try."

and thats in regards to the manga panel between goku and vegeta

OG Manga> any source that isnt toriyamas words

Also found this. which makes a good point for scaling. gohan tossed super buu, and goku says theyre no match for him. combine that with that is said above. pretty much puts super buu over kid buu
main-qimg-5b38c6fb1f1fba73250feadd4cbb97e2.webp

Last edited:
i think the biggest cause in differnece of opinion the sources we base our opinions off of. the English dub is like only ranks above the movies when it comes to canon so I dont use it unless it just backs up what the manga says

giphy.gif

I don't even need to say anything.

Y'all know what time it is.

Like I said before, Team Vegeta is welcoming all newcomers.

Drop that disappointment you're supporting and get you a winner. Treat yourself in 2018.

Never got an answer to my 17 question.
How powerful is he... in order to hang as he is...
Or does the infinite stamina make that much of a difference in battle?

Hey guys, big time Dragonball and DBZ fan that was soured from the series when GT started. Been told Super is worth the watch but there's some filler early, I know about Beerus and I know Freiza comes back and saw like an episode of the tournament that goes down. Where is a good starting point for this series? I've heard it has a slow start like GT and would like to bypass whatever I don't have to watch because I suck at tv these days.

Hey guys, big time Dragonball and DBZ fan that was soured from the series when GT started. Been told Super is worth the watch but there's some filler early, I know about Beerus and I know Freiza comes back and saw like an episode of the tournament that goes down. Where is a good starting point for this series? I've heard it has a slow start like GT and would like to bypass whatever I don't have to watch because I suck at tv these days.
If you haven’t seen Battle of Gods or Resurrection F then you might as well start from the beginning

If you have seen them then start at episode 28

Never got an answer to my 17 question.
How powerful is he... in order to hang as he is...
Or does the infinite stamina make that much of a difference in battle?

I like 17, but like Freeza his current strength level has no logical explanation.

I'd wait for the manga to address it if you really want an answer but even that prolly won't help much. Goku had to go SS3 to fight 17 in the manga which puts 17 far beyond Cell.

Seeing as how he's done no actual training from what we've been told and his only enemies were humans which are less than ants in comparison to himself.....

My personal guess would be that it's a mixture of both. The infinite energy and Super's nonsensical scaling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom