Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Finally got a chance to watch the Broly movie. I give it a 3 out of 5. Not too stoked about it.

Movie was a bit too cheesy to me.
Frieza wishing to be taller is so ridiculous.
Bardock and his wife sending Goku out to Earth didn't make much sense. Needs a better story within that.
Paragus' death scene deserves better.
Beerus didn't get to see Broly.
Too much wasted time on the prequel events that most of us already know and should have focused more time on Frieza's Deathball and Bardock's resistance and any more words he says to Frieza, and his red bandana.
It's not in Vegeta's nature to surrender an opportunity for Goku to just "tag himself" in to fight. Vegeta didn't even get to fight Broly 1v1 in his full power form.
Certain scenes seemed rushed.
The ending was way too cheesy.
Honestly, this would have been better as a whole actual Season, with Broly and Frieza's alliance developing, the Z fighters planning, etc.

I do give praise to the fight scenes, the anime itself, and that Green Women got some booty.
Bardock and Gine made perfect sense sending Goku to Earth. He knew what was up with Frieza and sent his son somewhere Frieza wouldn’t look. They explained it in the movie.

The backstory was good to quickly introduce people to the characters who aren’t aware of them. Honestly, everyone who knows about the DB series isn’t a diehard fan. A lot of people I know who watched DBZ on Toonami never watched Dragon Ball and don’t even know about Super. I can’t imagine they ever watched the original Bardock movie. The films producer probably didn’t care to flesh that out aspect out.

Finally got a chance to watch the Broly movie. I give it a 3 out of 5. Not too stoked about it.

Bardock and his wife sending Goku out to Earth didn't make much sense. Needs a better story within that.
Too much wasted time on the prequel events that most of us already know and should have focused more time on Frieza's Deathball and Bardock's resistance and any more words he says to Frieza, and his red bandana.
It's not in Vegeta's nature to surrender an opportunity for Goku to just "tag himself" in to fight. Vegeta didn't even get to fight Broly 1v1 in his full power form.
Honestly, this would have been better as a whole actual Season, with Broly and Frieza's alliance developing, the Z fighters planning, etc.

I do give praise to the fight scenes, the anime itself, and that Green Women got some booty.
Nah. You want what you want and that’s too much to ask for.

You’re clouded by nostalgia man

The whole point of the backstory was to recon the Father of Goku

Frieza wishing to be taller is classic Toriyama humor but if you never watched Dragon Ball I can understand where it might be off putting compared to Z

Why the hell does Paragus deserve anything & why does Beerus need to see Broly at all? It does nothing for the plot

Last edited:
Favorite part of the movie had to be

When Goku and Vegeta bounced for a bit, then Broly started givin Frieza that work!

I HOLLERED!!

That whole dialogue from Bulma’s wish to Frieza’s was epic.

So much emotion and passion from Frieza when he mentions FIVE FULL CENTIMETERS!

i was rollin with friezas oscar nomination. scumbag.

Now im wondering about DB super, we gotta get universe 11 back. also need Caulifa

Bardock and Gine made perfect sense sending Goku to Earth. He knew what was up with Frieza and sent his son somewhere Frieza wouldn’t look. They explained it in the movie.

The backstory was good to quickly introduce people to the characters who aren’t aware of them. Honestly, everyone who knows about the DB series isn’t a diehard fan. A lot of people I know who watched DBZ on Toonami never watched Dragon Ball and don’t even know about Super. I can’t imagine they ever watched the original Bardock movie. The films producer probably didn’t care to flesh that out aspect out.

Right. Didn't Beerus tell Frieza to destroy planet Vegeta? Should have added that in, Beerus' role in the movie was too limited considering how powerful he is. Should have had him with Whiz on the sideline watching the fight. And given the hint that Broly's power matched Beerus'.

Serious question though: Would you have preferred a whole season of Broly 80+ episodes instead of a 1 and a half hour movie?

You’re clouded by nostalgia man

The whole point of the backstory was to recon the Father of Goku

Frieza wishing to be taller is classic Toriyama humor but if you never watched Dragon Ball I can understand where it might be off putting compared to Z

Why the hell does Paragus deserve anything & why does Bardock need to see Broly at all? It does nothing for the plot

Hi, I'm sorry, but no offense but you've been attempting to give out the torrented movie in this thread. I don't think that's ethically right, given you seem like a die hard Dragon Ball fan yourself. Which is ironic. You're kind of part of the problem. And I wasn't talking about Bardock needing to see Broly. Please reread. Paragus played a significant role and deserves a better death, not a 5 second one shot death. He didn't get to say anything to his son prior to initiate Broly's rage. This scene was rushed.

Nah. You want what you want and that’s too much to ask for.

Would you have preferred a whole season of Broly 80+ episodes instead of a 1 and a half hour movie given the significance and fan base of Broly?

Oh and no Broly evil laughter! Movie was okay, it wasn't great. I enjoyed some of the older movies like the 1st Cooler movie better.

Some heavy metal/hard rock music in the background would have been epic during the fight scenes, not some house music.

And Broly should have spoken more to Vegeta and Goku. Android 19 has more of a personality than Broly.

I may have been asking for too much, but I paid to see this movie.

I think Broly/Paragus deserve their own season series as the major villains IMO. Opportunity kind of wasted here with these huge fan based characters.

Can't wait for a new season of DB though.

Sorry for the rant. Just expected better. Had to give a truly honest opinion and not pretend that I was satisfied.

Right. Didn't Beerus tell Frieza to destroy planet Vegeta? Should have added that in, Beerus' role in the movie was too limited considering how powerful he is. Should have had him with Whiz on the sideline watching the fight. And given the hint that Broly's power matched Beerus'.

Serious question though: Would you have preferred a whole season of Broly 80+ episodes instead of a 1 and a half hour movie?
Beerus isn't important to this movie, doesn't matter how strong he is. Throughout Super, his character schtick is to be lazy. He tends to avoid the z fighter conflicts. This isn't any different in the movie.

And no, the movie was great for me. Didn't need an 80+ episode build up.

That zoom into Freezas face when he says “I want it to seem like I’m still growing”. Yo I’m done
rsz_bxwwlz0_1.png

@ihust1e

M mr highness

I wouldn’t mind a 80 episode but no, this movie does the job for me. You’re asking for all these details when/if you followed the episodes yourself, you’ll see that all things you’ve asked for, had already been done and mentioned. Why waste time to repeat all things that were already said and done in the series. The movie is for the fans who have followed since day 1 and not for newcomers to catch up and wonder what happened to the missing plot holes.

All of us already knew and understood why there wasn’t more explaination about certain scenes and that is exactly because we’ve been following each episode religiously.

If you, which i really don’t know if you did follow each espisode, again, you’d be able to correlate everything yourself and itself will create a deeper meaning.

Back
Top Bottom