Official E3 2012 Thread - What Do You Want to See?

today has definitely left that feeling that this generation is pretty much at its end

beyond, last of us and gow:a
pimp.gif

bring on the ps4
smokin.gif

Beyond.
pimp.gif

That AC III Ocean battle.
pimp.gif

God Of War Ascension.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Last of Us.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The rest I don't give a +#$% about.

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Last of Us looked crazy. Not a big GoW guy but that looked crazy as well. I dunno guys, I always feel like these E3 pressers are tough on the Big 3 console manufacturers because if don't have a big reveal game or new hardware people will leave disappointing. You can have good presentations of the games people are expecting to see and people will still not happy. At first I came away with a feeling of 'meh' at the Sony and Microsoft press conferences but then again what was I expecting? I saw  what I expected to see, some games that I'm definitely buying, and that's it. I don't see what more Sony or Microsoft could have brought out.

The thing is with Sony they show new stuff ( or stuff gets leaked) right before E3 so you expect something even bigger during the conference but that doesn't always happen.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

^^ nah wait until we hear from reggie tomorrow
laugh.gif
. He always brings the lulz

naw i believe nintendo will have a good showing i bet u they have 2-3 GREAT 1st party presentations

Last of Us looked crazy. Not a big GoW guy but that looked crazy as well. I dunno guys, I always feel like these E3 pressers are tough on the Big 3 console manufacturers because if don't have a big reveal game or new hardware people will leave disappointing. You can have good presentations of the games people are expecting to see and people will still not happy. At first I came away with a feeling of 'meh' at the Sony and Microsoft press conferences but then again what was I expecting? I saw  what I expected to see, some games that I'm definitely buying, and that's it. I don't see what more Sony or Microsoft could have brought out.
They have an OUTSTANDING overdue balance due to fans in the form of:
Kingdom Hearts 3 (Part 2 released in 2006)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: announced in May.......................SIX years ago from today at E3.

Not to mention Shenmue 3 (I still need to beat 2) which the devs already had past relationships with Xbox so Msoft should get on it and start talking to Sega.

Originally Posted by ddouble

Beyond, GOW, AC Liberation and Last of Us looking really good but Wonderbook though.

Also disappointed about no Final Fantasy Type-0, The Last Guardian and The Agent.
kxjb7.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

That game has to be next gen.

last of us? It basically uses the uncharted engine. And alot of the "action" scenes had to be cinematics mixed in with actual game play. No game is that fluid

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Final Fantasy Versus XIII: announced in May.......................SIX years ago from today at E3.

sony?  surely you mean Square Enix right?  sony doesnt make those games

While I was re watching that Last of Us gameplay, I noticed that right after the dad got clocked across the face with the 2x4, the blood started slowly coming out of his nose. It's those little things that always get my attention. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

sony?  surely you mean Square Enix right?  sony doesnt make those games
Forgive me I'm hype out here, no one to talk to in person
tired.gif

But mind you, they're the closest thing (along with Konami) to a first party dev that's not owned by Sony, if they console was really struggling best believe they'd call up like: "C'mon guys we need some heat wheres those games?"

The thing that separates Sony from Microsoft though is that at least with their in house game developers that produce their exclusive games they try and bring new games with The Last Of Us and Beyond.Yes we know that Sony Santa Monica is doing another GOW game.

Microsoft though it's like ok we've seen this before for like the 10th time with Halo & Gears Of War

Originally Posted by MR J 858

The thing that separates Sony from Microsoft though is that at least with their in house game developers that produce their exclusive games they try and bring new games with The Last Of Us and Beyond.Yes we know that Sony Santa Monica is doing another GOW game.

Microsoft though it's like ok we've seen this before for like the 10th time with Halo & Gears Of War
Sony invest in 1st parties ...while MS invest in Halo and Gears ...leave the rest to 3rd party ...

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Sony invest in 1st parties ...while MS invest in Halo and Gears ...leave the rest to 3rd party ...
i cant blame microsoft. They sell the most consoles, which mean that most of the 3rd party games are bought for xbox. So Sony really needs to have strong 1st party games, because if they dont theyd be left out in the cold. Halo and gears will both sell millions of copies. Mix that with the usual madded, black ops 2, assasins creed etc. They will outsell sony games

I hope they don't flood the market with interactive film type games, Last of Us and these other titles are cool but I'm afraid too many teams
are seeing the success of Uncharted and dollar signs replace their pupils/irises.

Originally Posted by blakep267

i cant blame microsoft. They sell the most consoles, which mean that most of the 3rd party games are bought for xbox. So Sony really needs to have strong 1st party games, because if they dont theyd be left out in the cold. Halo and gears will both sell millions of copies. Mix that with the usual madded, black ops 2, assasins creed etc. They will outsell sony games
true, but at same time people are getting tired of the same old same old ...they need new blood (titles/franchises) ...not just sequels year after years
grin.gif
, i remember the good old days where sequels didnt come out year after year, companies would shoot out new franchises (Squre/Enix, Capcom, Konami) to keep people interested.

bring on next-gen ...this gen been
eyes.gif

i believe that title belongs to nintendo. and if ps3 and 360 released at the same time ps3 would be ahead of 360

true, but at same time people are already tired of the same old same old ...they need new blood (titles/franchises) ...not just sequels year after years
grin.gif
, i remember the good old days where sequels didnt come out year after year, companies would shoot out new franchises (Squre/Enix, Capcom, Konami) to keep people interested.

japanese development is in the rut
ohwell.gif

as far as new ips go, too expensive and timely to release new ips, especially when it comes to having to use existing game engines

below - no biggie, its just a way to attract people based on topics, one of their videos actually contained the word "orbis"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom