Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

According to Combat Jack Relaspe is
sick.gif

http://dailymathematics.b...elapse-album-review.html

Originally Posted by M16

I've been busy with finals but I gave it a full listen just now and here's my review:

Dr. West - intro
3am - 2.5/5 tolerable
My Mom - 3/5 disappointing. We heard enough songs about his mom, I was hoping this would be different, it was just more of the same
Insane - 4/5 good track, flashback to classic Em
Bagpipes from Baghdad - 2/5
Hello - 1.5/5 what was he thinking ?
Tonya - skit
Same Song & Dance - 2.5/5 yet another song with Em trying too hard to be controversial
We Made You - 1/5 atrocious
Medicine Ball - 2.5/5 meh, nothing special to say about this; filler
Paul - skit
Stay Wide Awake - 4.5/5 good, I was about to drag the folder into the recycle bin if another garbage song came on in a row
Old Times Sake - 2.5/5 Dr. Dre raised this by 1/2 to 1 point; that tells you enough.
Must Be the Ganja - 2.5/5 not much I can say... default "weed track"
Deja Vu - 4.5/5 another nice relief from the previous mediocrity, really liked this track
Beautiful - 3/5 the chorus is just RIDICULOUSLY corny, i forced myself not to press "next" every time it came on.
Crack a Bottle - 1/5 no comments needed
Steve Berman - skit
Underground - 4/5, good

Overall, it was just too inconsistent, randomly thrown together with only the addict/killer/rapist mentions holding it together. A couple good songs, a few lame attempts at mainstream hits; and the rest are just "meh" type songs, a bit better than what I expected, but short of anything special. Clearly, Em has the skill to make great music but he just refuses to take it to that level. 7/10.
This review is inconsistent and obviously shouldn't be taken seriously. You can't tell me Medicine Ball is filler, 3am is tolerable, andHello is a 1.5/5. Then the whole gets a 7?? Anyways...

...can we get some facepalms for my dude Nick Cannon? I mean if you thought Benzino got it bad....

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by M16

I've been busy with finals but I gave it a full listen just now and here's my review:

Dr. West - intro
3am - 2.5/5 tolerable
My Mom - 3/5 disappointing. We heard enough songs about his mom, I was hoping this would be different, it was just more of the same
Tonya - skit
Same Song & Dance - 2.5/5 yet another song with Em trying too hard to be controversial
Paul - skit
Stay Wide Awake - 4.5/5 good, I was about to drag the folder into the recycle bin if another garbage song came on in a row
Old Times Sake - 2.5/5 Dr. Dre raised this by 1/2 to 1 point; that tells you enough.
Deja Vu - 4.5/5 another nice relief from the previous mediocrity, really liked this track
Beautiful - 3/5 the chorus is just RIDICULOUSLY corny, i forced myself not to press "next" every time it came on.
Steve Berman - skit
Underground - 4/5, good

Overall, it was just too inconsistent, randomly thrown together with only the addict/killer/rapist mentions holding it together. A couple good songs, a few lame attempts at mainstream hits; and the rest are just "meh" type songs, a bit better than what I expected, but short of anything special. Clearly, Em has the skill to make great music but he just refuses to take it to that level. 7/10.
This review is inconsistent and obviously shouldn't be taken seriously.
enough said

still spinning the album Ill be back with a review later on

Well i just came in here to comment on the M.Carey business(We established i dont like the CD)

real talk...what yall expect him to do...let it slide???? if eminem starts talkin about yo wife right now...you tellin me yall just gonna be like oh itsok..HES EMINEM THE GOD...smh
i dont blame dude at all, now the rascist comparison or whatever is a stretch, the rapping too...but i dont blame dude for wanting to fight...you dont justtalk %%%% about another @$@+# wife...

So far this is a great album... hasnt even been out 2 days though... Not the best of 09 for me

I think Joe Budden - Padded room is number 1 right now

And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this... but as a hole.. I like Asher Roth's album just a tiny bit more
roll.gif

man....its getting harder and harder to wait....the 19th aint gettin any closer....

And whats with dudes sayin TES is no good? WOW!!!!!!!! 95% of that album was GREAT....i have no clue what yall are listening too....

Originally Posted by M16

Dr. West - intro
3am - 2.5/5 tolerable
Tonya - skit
Paul - skit
Steve Berman - skit
Underground - 4/5, good

This review is inconsistent and obviously shouldn't be taken seriously. You can't tell me Medicine Ball is filler, 3am is tolerable, and Hello is a 1.5/5. Then the whole gets a 7?? Anyways...

...can we get some facepalms for my dude Nick Cannon? I mean if you thought Benzino got it bad....

I rank mainstream albums differently. I give a auto-curve considering the level of playing field we are talking about; hence this is a 7; an above averageeffort for the mainstream level. If Relapse was an underground album I would give it a 4.

I say this album does big numbers not huuuuge, 750-approaching platinum in first week i would suspect.

The singles are selling real well on itunes, I see that as a sign of whats to come.

havent heard the album yet but I agree with this statement.

I mean Lil Wayne's buzz was HUGE when C3 dropped. He had White people, Black people, Asians, Indians, Mexicans, Females, Males, ghetto people, high classpeople, he had everyone checking for that album. I dont think a lot of black people are going to buy Relapse. And this is coming from a black dude who is goingto buy it.

-The Juice

Dude said 1.5/5 for Hello? are you serious? thats at least a 4/5 track. One of, if not THEE, stand out tracks of the album. Your obviously listening to thealbum through your computer speakers instead of some subs.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Dude said 1.5/5 for Hello? are you serious? thats at least a 4/5 track. One of, if not THEE, stand out tracks of the album. Your obviously listening to the album through your computer speakers instead of some subs.
i'm not a huge eminem fan but i agree with LiCeNseD To BaLL... eminem really killed this track

Damn, I can't stop listening to My Mom, it's got that Xplosive feel to it. Beat is so dope.

Dude said 1.5/5 for Hello? are you serious? thats at least a 4/5 track. One of, if not THEE, stand out tracks of the album. Your obviously listening to the album through your computer speakers instead of some subs.

Song SUCKS to me... and a song shouldnt have to be listened to through a system to be good

hello a 1.5/5?
eek.gif
roll.gif

hello was a SOLID 4.5/5 to me... has an eminem show vibe to it... very ill beat, ill flow...really not much else I can say about it. I'd say the album ishalf good/great songs, half mediocre/average tracks. I need to listen to it a lot more though...

the album is OK.

to me Eminem is just not providing the type of material we all know he's capable of.

when I hear his verses on "We All Die Some Day" or "Patiently Waiting" I cant believe this is the same guy who has puppet dogs in hisvideos.

SMH.

Damn. I haven't heard the song so i'm not judging the song at all here but if you gotta hear a song in subs just to make it sound ill thanthat's not an ill song. I can see this being the case for a guy like Lil Jon or some +*! who relies on production to make a hot record but for Eminem?That's not a legit excuse.

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

According to Combat Jack Relaspe is
sick.gif

http://dailymathematics.b...elapse-album-review.html
You know what? I'm a grown +#% man with four kids, a mortgage, a beautiful wife who is wishing I spent less time on the keyboards
Really? If you're over 25, married with kids.... you shouldn't be reviewing an Eminem album let alone even LISTENING TO ONE.

Combat Jack has been in the game for a minute, you need to be cool.

If your over 25 you shouldnt be listening to Em??
roll.gif

What the hell kind of sense doest that make?

Back
Top Bottom