Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

LilStarZ07

who the hell are you tryna kid my man

i just saw your post in the nick cannon thread in general
laugh.gif

Just gave the album a listen and I love it.

From MMLP to Relapse, it's been an ongoing battle between Eminem and himself. His daughter even proclaimed him to have "gone crazy" on TES (cometo think, he mentions how he started to act crazy around his kids on "Deja Vu"
eek.gif
). Em is just sticking to his formula and being an artist. I wouldn't go asfar to say his music dictated his life, but if you think about it, Encore was about him being on drugs and Relapse is about his, well, relapse. Relapse isdifferent though. It's his most complete album to date. In a way, his entire catalog is one big album.

From the intro, the premise of the album is set and Em sticks with it. It's no holds bar, relentless, gut wrenching, psychotic, genius. It even makes mewant to reconsider Encore, if it was his plan all along to continue on with this story line of his life and intertwine all of them together.The songs are allpurposefully placed throughout the album to culminate at a point where Em has reached his wit's end and almost succumbs to drug abuse. It's a beautifulalbum with a beautiful message that many will overlook if they take it at face value. It's pretty cool how the drugs talk to him throughout the album inthat ghost voice.

This album will set a precedent. Like it or not.

Not sure where it ranks just yet. Have to give it time and many more listens.

I will say right now, it's one of his best.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

my point exactly, he can do no wrong

quick question, is there any em track you just dont care for?
so hold on because i wrote this about the nick cannon situation "i firmly believe em could make dude cry ... i forsee sometime in the nearfuture when mariah tells nick she let em hit, and then nick commits suicide ..." im a stan and em can do know wrong?
roll.gif
so i cant state the obvious without being labeled a em stan ... ... ... i meanpick something better than that to base your stan calling off of homie ...

and as for your last question, i now know why i never get through to you ... you dont have a complete brain to process my statements ... i just said i dontlike we made you, but you overlook that to get your stan calling on ...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

smh geezus christ............

where did you get this info from?

eminem can do no wrong by you.

see this is a classic case of ignorance ... when did i say he cant do no wrong? i skip we made you just like everyone else on the album, but im not blind to the reason why its on the cd ... you got 10-16 year old white girls and boys bumpin that $!+% all day every day on their ipod touch ... same with OTS ... theres a reason why songs rise to the top of itunes after a day of being out ... NUMBERS DONT LIE ... and he drops 3am just to let his old fan base know "hey, its me eminem, back with some sick $!+% like i used to do" ...

its not about stanning or doing know wrong, its about understanding marketing strategies and capitalizing on your appeal ...

I enjoy hearing crack a bottle and we made you when im partying/out but when i'm just chilling listening to the album i'll skip over them. they are strictly party songs for me. i still think the 3 singles are the 3 worst tracks on the album. overall tho this album is great, i love it.
you and me both ... hey lurkin, if your diet/workout/regime/cycle allows you to drink alcohol, go get drunk at a college town bar and wait till one of these songs come on ... not only will you be singing along, but you will genuinely enjoy the atmosphere ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Put this on the ipod this morning, hopefully give it a listen today.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

well even tho Crack A Bottle shouldn't be on the ablum, the song leaked and was never planned to be a single and ended up being number 10 on billboard. I'm sure that was the labels decision to put the song on the album.
Love this album though.
actually it went #1 off of sales alone
happy.gif

I have to give it a real full listen (by actually paying attention to his verses and whatnot).

From what I went through so far, it's pretty damn solid. Definitely better than Encore.

My favorite song (at the moment) is 'My Mom'.

It even makes me want to reconsider Encore, if it was his plan all along to continue on with this story line of his life and intertwine all of them together
laugh.gif

im still waitin

any em track you dont like?
READ MY POSTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif
i mean this is gettingborderline remedial right now .... i can see why you prefer cam over em ole simpleton in the face type dude ... hey if you dont have brains, have muscles i candig it ...

The more I think about this album one word pops in my mind, "fit".

The album just fits, from the songs to the diction to the flow (maybe not on Underground), everything fits.

Everything seems to fit in this pill bottle, from the presumptuous album cover to the album content, to the artist himself, it's an addiction he'strying to kick while we are trying to kick our addiction for him (no not just LilStar). There's something about eminem that we're all addicted to,whether you say it or not. It may be his "I don't give a +$#@" attitude or it's his ability to choose the right word every freakin' time(jesus), he has us hooked. He allows us to explore that side we all have, but are afraid to show. We go to this bottle of an album to get our daily dose ofreality and relapse upon every listen.

Damn, all of this off of one listen.
smh.gif

Still trying to hold out until the 19th.
laugh.gif

I really hope this album lives up to the NT hype.
grin.gif

Lilstar is hillarious...
roll.gif

Such a Stan... he probably ranks Encore in his top 5 albums of all time ... his top five are all Em albums:rofl:

This album sucks compared to the others except for Encore. It's still good, but I'm struggling to listen to this all the way through.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Dude said 1.5/5 for Hello? are you serious? thats at least a 4/5 track. One of, if not THEE, stand out tracks of the album. Your obviously listening to the album through your computer speakers instead of some subs.
Damn. I haven't heard the song so i'm not judging the song at all here but if you gotta hear a song in subs just to make it sound ill than that's not an ill song. I can see this being the case for a guy like Lil Jon or some +*! who relies on production to make a hot record but for Eminem? That's not a legit excuse.

Listen to it bro and youll understand. The subs dont make the song, but listening to it on some nice speakers really makes it nicccee... its vintage Dre. Ifirst listened to it on my comp speakers and i already liked it so its not like the only reason i like it is because of its sound on loud speakers u kno?

im def not checkin for this....

I used to be a huge em fan, but if someone turns this on im gonna demand them to turn it off. Just because I know im gonna be dissapointed. I want to rememberem for his 'better days'.

I'm still wondering what it is people were looking for from an album titled Relapse....

He went absolutely ape +%@$ lyrically for the entire album....
pimp.gif

Underground is ******ed....I mean I only listened to it twice but he went the +$$! in on this....so much to the point you can't even hear certain parts ofthe beat because his flow is so on point with it....it just blends...breaking down the horror film dudes was hilarious....sitting Hannibal in the produce aisleand giving him a lecture like come on....

All and all a solid solid effort from Mr. Mathers....this +%@$ will be on repeat when I get off work and get to haze it out....

meshies wrote:
im def not checkin for this....

I used to be a huge em fan, but if someone turns this on im gonna demand them to turn it off. Just because I know im gonna be dissapointed. I want to remember em for his 'better days'.
listen to some of it at least fam....Slim Shady is prominently featured on the album
pimp.gif

he went back to the roots on some tracks....

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

im still waitin

any em track you dont like?
READ MY POSTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.gif
i mean this is getting borderline remedial right now .... i can see why you prefer cam over em ole simpleton in the face type dude ... hey if you dont have brains, have muscles i can dig it ...

nah all joking aside

please answer the question.

i just asked it a page back an it has not been answered, why you bein so difficult Stanley?

damn be serious for a second, what is/are any eminem tracks you dont care for?

As much as I like Em, I don't think this will be as good as I expected. Beautiful is a good track though.

Back
Top Bottom