Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Stay Wide Awake has been on repeat for days
pimp.gif

"Should I cut off one of my ears and mail it to her?
Send her pictures of my collections of skeletons
or, footage of me impaling myself on an elephant tusk?"

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

if people listened to this album and had an open mind it would get more love amongst the critics ... but because its em and they cant get over the 7% of the album in his "accent" and the 12% of the album about sick !+*$ ... but people saying this is garbage is so laughable ... even if you arent an em fan there are at least 5 or 6 songs that you can rock with ... AT LEAST ...
If you're referring dudes in this thread about giving the album love it's not the fact that people aren't listening or having an openmind about the album it's the fact that you're in here non-stop acting like this is on some Illmatic level.

I'm a huge Em fan and I love this album but I'm not sitting here acting like it's the best album in 5 years. I don't even think it's thebest rap album released this year

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

^^ are you aware of what the cutting off the ear refers to?
van gogh right?

i love when he says " how about a ride to rehab, get in @*++"
dude says it so nonchalantly
laugh.gif
that whole song is so calm and nonchalant

his delivery on that makes the song so dope

Originally Posted by jville819

If you're referring dudes in this thread about giving the album love it's not the fact that people aren't listening or having an open mind about the album it's the fact that you're in here non-stop acting like this is on some Illmatic level.

I'm a huge Em fan and I love this album but I'm not sitting here acting like it's the best album in 5 years. I don't even think it's the best rap album released this year
when did i say it was illmatic? and youre telling me people are bashing em because i like him so much? good for them and me then, they care aboutme 100x more than i care about them
laugh.gif
... not the best rap albumreleased this year? now you just bumped your head get the froggy @+%% outta here ... 5 years? id have to look how long ago some albums were released but youhav epeople saying rap has sucked for a while now and all of a sudden its so incrediblily better because em dropped an album ... eh

yep the ear thing is a reference to the artist Van Gogh who supposedly chopped his ear off and sent it to his secret lover or something

thats the thing about eminem, you can cry all you want about how ridiculous the lyrics are, but sometimes the double meanings and hidden messages can be moreimpressive than sick punchlines. I cant even think of any hot metaphors on the cd and its still a mad good album.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

this album is hot garbage...just the production alone is wack as hell
dr_dre.gif
does not agree with you.....

The beats alone are
pimp.gif
I'm sorry fam but what are youlistening to?!?!

Those of you saying the album is garbage, trash, etc. Give it 2 or 3 more listens. I guarantee it will grow on you. At first I wasn't feeling the whole newflow/accent. But now its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This album is crack.

His flow is still on point. I've been bumping it in the car and the only tracks i skip are the ones that are on the radio.

Who do they try to fight today, I must make them pay twice as much
might as well put the knife away, now I use power tools, how bout now are you in the shower
scour you for 6 hours to outage your power outlets, how did you figure out i was down in your basement now ya,
musta just heard the sounds of my stomach growlin from down there, howler there's no one fouler
bound ya that's how they found ya, face down in the tub I drown ya with piles of downers around ya
such nostalgia and power, such prowess look how ya coward, jump out on ya now like I was a (??) from %+%##+ star wars
jabba da hut, beddy bye bye , beddy bye bye its time to die die, or to not even bother to scream it don't even matter
amazing when grazing skin with these razor blades he waves at ya, not ya every day damien invade me in holy water
nothing like Son Of Sam, so please understand there's no gun in hand, wheres the thrill in the hunt there's no fun in that
here I come with ax, once I act like lumberjack when i'm hacking em up with that, what was that, dial 911
someones comin in from the back..

Originally Posted by eye see soles

There's a good discussion over at OKP for those that care...

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2084603&mesg_id=2084603&page=
All those "haters" and "nay sayers" will change their mind eventually after they listen to it more, and they will definitelykeep listening to it even though they "think it sucks". There's not 1 person who can listen to this album and call it "trash" whilebeing honest with themselves. It might not be your favorite, but there is no denying it..

this may be a stupid question to ask at this point in Ems career but.....

after listening to Deja Vu and.....well most of this album, do u think somebody will ask child protective services to take away his kids if they have medicalproof that dude was reallly addicted to stuff?

Back
Top Bottom