Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

How can people say Em is talking the same #!++ and hasnt evolved? He went from this

For all the weed that I've smoked - yo this blunt's for you
To all the people I've offended - yeah ##%! you too!
To all the friends I used to have - yo I miss my past
But the rest of you !+#%@@%% can KISS MY !*%
For all the drugs that I've done - yo I'm still gon' do
To all the people I've offended - yeah ##%! you too!
For everytime I reminisce - yo I miss my past
But I still don't give a ##%!, y'all can KISS MY !*%!

to this

So I take a vicodin splash it hits my stomach and ahh
A couple weeks go by it ain't even like I'm getting high
Now I need it just not to feel sick ya I'm getting by
Wouldn't even be taking this #!++ if deshaun didn't die
Oh ya there's an excuse you lose proof so you use
There's new rules it's cool if it's helpin you to get through
It's twelve noon ain't no harm in self inducing a snooze
What else is new ##%! it what would elvis do in your shoes
http://www.youtube.com/v/oSuPuIdQTQI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999

this is a good (old) interview with Em saying "Every artist gotta grow, otherwise forget it, if you sound the same on your lastalbum, if your music doesn't grow, you might as well stop making music"

em is the %@!*!%% man ... dude is on point so much im tellin you he is on some other %%$@ right now ... hes so honest in interviews i almost feel like hessetting us up for a suicide or something ...

and damn if he didnt talk about defending him being a full time job ... LOLOLOLOLOLOL ...

SO which one of you is going to record the 3 hour show tomorrow on Shade 45 and post it for their NT brethren?
smile.gif

-The Juice

I heard the album a few times as well, and I feel like some of these beats were rushed out, I don't know, seems like Dre's holding back beats forDetox, and the beat for "My Mom" sounds like Dre's "The Watcher" but slightly mixed

i know this album is great for one reason, and this is strictly opinionated, ..ive had it on repeat steady since it leaked and thats only been the case for mewith only a handful of albums over the last couple of yrs

Originally Posted by jawn piece

i know this album is great for one reason, and this is strictly opinionated, ..ive had it on repeat steady since it leaked and thats only been the case for me with only a handful of albums over the last couple of yrs

Same here... its been out for about a week now... and its the only thing I've been able to play.

Beautiful is climbing up on my highest plays list with 86... only above it are Joe Budden- Under the Sun with 88, and Kid Cudi Sky Might Fall with 110

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

"Eminem I'm coming to Kill You"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was JUST listening to this and was coming to post it...Em is STRAIGHT COMEDY although it's REALLY foul...i couldn't help but crack up.

Some of ya'll that keep popping up to say jibberish every two posts need to leave. You won't convince anybody that doesn't want to listen to you nomore of nothing. It's getting old...

I have yet to listen to the album, so I'll reserve judgement, but I can see both point of views that dominate this thread. Em is gonna be sick no matterwhat he's rappin' cause it's Em, but for me, I'd much rather hear him go off on songs that are reminiscent of his TES, 8 mile days. Youknow...Less Slim Shady and much more Eminem. That's what I'm waiting for. That will complete it for me.

this album is like a sooped up Slim Shady LP, so you might be disappointed.

For those who don't like the production, I disagree. I think the beats do sound kind of stripped down for Dre beats but it was the same thing on SSLP. Ithink the production on this album lends to bringing out Eminem more while still providing that Dr Dre thump. I really like how this album was produced.

"Lately I've been hard to reaaaach!!!!"

Beautiful is ridiculous
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Most dudes use the sample of a song as the hook...this dude uses the sample and has his own hook still....Relapse is the business

"In my shoes you will see what's it's like to be me" Can't get this outta my head....

To many songs on here
eek.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

Most dudes use the sample of a song as the hook...this dude uses the sample and has his own hook still....Relapse is the business
thats a little stanish dont u think? like every sampled beat just has a hook or somethin... dont compare him to them weak punchline rappers u listen to (jada)

I'm far from LilStar, Hate let's keep it a hunidd....I'm saying on most samples #@$%%% be using the sample as the hook and Em didn't...he gotthe sample and his own hook....what's so Stanish about that?!? And leave Kiss alone fam....this is an Em thread
indifferent.gif
I'm just giving props to the best album of the year....yes betterthan Last Kiss
tired.gif

thats a little stanish dont u think? like every sampled beat just has a hook or somethin... dont compare him to them weak punchline rappers u listen to (jada)

I'm far from LilStar, Hate let's keep it a hunidd....I'm saying on most samples #@$%%% be using the sample as the hook and Em didn't...he got the sample and his own hook....what's so Stanish about that?!? And leave Kiss alone fam....this is an Em thread
indifferent.gif
I'm just giving props to the best album of the year....yes better than Last Kiss
tired.gif

im sayin... u sayin it like he did some grounbreakn *#+$ by doin his own hook
laugh.gif
kanye does his own hooks all the time... so does jay... i was just givin an example when i said jada cuz thats the first person i could think of who does it alot...

I hear you....not saying it's groundbreaking...just enjoyed it

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

most of the time the sample is not on the hook anyway, if you really know what sampling is
Anything - Sigel, sample was the hook....I understand it's not done all the time....I just appreciate the way he used the sample in Beautifuland still had his own hook...my bad
eyes.gif
didn't mean to sound like aStan at all was just giving props....excuuuuuuuuse me

just something i thought was interesting ... i dunno why its interesting but who knows ...

2 of the skits are exactly 1:29 ... the other 2 are 0:42 ...

3am, My Mom and stay Wide Awake are all 5:19 ...

bagpipes from baghdad and deja vu are 4:43 ...

So yea I just finished really, really listening to Relapse.

This album is amazing and his best effort yet.

"Relapse 2" is going to have to bring it to even come close.

Album gets a 2/5 from me...y'all dudes giving it multiple listens and still can't get into it, it's cause it's trash, decent at best...

them corny radio songs
smh.gif

After the 3rd listen... it's a solid 4/5. I still haven't be able to sit down and REALLY listen to it but, this is def seems like his Slim Shadypersona x 10,000. I really like every song, I just kinda wish he would've switched up the content a little more.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

So yea I just finished really, really listening to Relapse.

This album is amazing and his best effort yet.

"Relapse 2" is going to have to bring it to even come close.

you took it to far. this album is very good... but his best yet? NO.

^It's my opinion.

You see the world different, so you'll have a different opinion.

We're all still beautiful no matter how we feel.

Back
Top Bottom