Official Fall/Winter 2016/17 Boot Thread...Fall is creepin up

Iron rangers have that unique look .. Beckman's are cool but don't have that factor

You can distinguish an iron ranger cap toe

Last edited:
Soooo these comin back

The most budget friendly "suede" chelseas you'll find. If you're just going for the look these will get the job done. I bought a pair some time back and break them out every once and awhile and get nice compliments on them. People say you should invest more on the higher end but I wouldn't wear a chelsea boot enough to justify doing so.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=32251126 25%off

The most budget friendly "suede" chelseas you'll find. If you're just going for the look these will get the job done. I bought a pair some time back and break them out every once and awhile and get nice compliments on them. People say you should invest more on the higher end but I wouldn't wear a chelsea boot enough to justify doing so.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=32251126 25%off

Got some pics?

I can take some later. Once this long drag at the office ends I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
Trying these on. Sized down even more and they fit well but still a little bit of heel slip. Hoping that would lessen when they break in.

Question: Do you guys experience some heel slip in all of your boots? It's something I always obsess over and wonder if I could size down more.

Last edited:
Yep I do.

I have researched a lot and it seems like that is just the way it is.

I have red wings in two different sizes and it is the same with the tighter read as well the looser.

The break in on RW are brutal.

Thanks for the info. Repped. I probably can't size down anymore anyway. I tied them tight and walked around a little bit and the sides of the boot were flexing and making a popping sound.

I think part of what makes breaking RW's tough is that the inside of the boots aren't smooth. Creates friction and rubs on your socks and my last pair killed ripped the skin off my heels. I have a pair of Alden's and inside is all smooth leather. Not really any break-in time and very comfortable to wear all day.

I only sized down .5 on my RW Mocs and the fit is pretty snug. No noticeable heel slippage. But the Iron Rangers I just got definitely fit bigger, I could have went down a whole size I believe. I just popped some insoles in. With boot socks they feel fine. I got over it quickly though, wasn't trying to go through the whole return process.

I don't even wear timbs, but these things look absolutely amazing. Might have to buy my own Xmas gift this year.

Back
Top Bottom