Official Fall/Winter Outerwear thread: Vol ya'll way too mad over some jackets

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Pics of this $31 pea coat?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

it's this. go down a size if you're planning on getting it.

on797032-00p01v01.jpg
That peacoat is the worst. It doesnt even keep you warm.

It has worked for me for the past couple of years in the fall days, but I wouldn't recommend for the cold winter days in the Chi.  That's what down coats are for.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Pics of this $31 pea coat?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

it's this. go down a size if you're planning on getting it.

on797032-00p01v01.jpg
That peacoat is the worst. It doesnt even keep you warm.

It has worked for me for the past couple of years in the fall days, but I wouldn't recommend for the cold winter days in the Chi.  That's what down coats are for.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Are Penfield coats warm?

a good question, I ordered my jacket it should be coming soon, once i get that ill let you know
Thanks for that. I saw the all black on with leather on the shoulders
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Definitely not a fad jumper so I intend to keep that in my winter rotation for a few years.

Are Penfield coats warm?

a good question, I ordered my jacket it should be coming soon, once i get that ill let you know
Thanks for that. I saw the all black on with leather on the shoulders
eek.gif
sick.gif
. Definitely not a fad jumper so I intend to keep that in my winter rotation for a few years.

Nike Destroyer w/ red sleeves looks nice, looks way better worn. I might actually get one for myself.
J-Cole-Nike-Destroyer_Jacket.jpg

Nike Destroyer w/ red sleeves looks nice, looks way better worn. I might actually get one for myself.
J-Cole-Nike-Destroyer_Jacket.jpg

Are Penfield coats warm?

Which one did you order if I may ask? I'm trying to decide on one myself for the winter

Are Penfield coats warm?

Which one did you order if I may ask? I'm trying to decide on one myself for the winter

Got this from my thread.

I don't want anything that has cheap quality and make (I..E. Old Navy, Gap, etc etc).

I was looking at these pea coats, but none of them had everything that I wanted. I basically want a navy blue classic pea coat, with side pockets and has a nice tapered fit. I don't the buttons to rise too high. 3 buttons on each side would be amazing. Polo Ralph Lauren made a REALLY nice one 2-3 year ago, but the ones they make now aren't the same.

I basically want something with side pockets, but also breast pockets outside as well. One thing I'm very specific of is the the military style shoulder straps and also a hidden collar strap to use to cover your face. The older Polo Ralph Lauren Pea coat had all this.

BTW...This is what I meant when i said I wanted a military style shoulder strap.

pPOLO2-8391969_alternate2_v330.jpg

This is what I was looking at so far...

1. J. Crew- $225

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...l/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp

images_onFigure_87_87195_87195_WB2192_m_tif_a1560ba1533318c2.jpg

2. Tommy Hilfiger- $139

http://www1.macys.com/cat...675#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D15

0880525881_403_OB_FNT

3. Polo Ralph Lauren- $425

http://www.ralphlauren.co...ts&parentPage=family

pPOLO2-8602397_standard_v330.jpg

Got this from my thread.

I don't want anything that has cheap quality and make (I..E. Old Navy, Gap, etc etc).

I was looking at these pea coats, but none of them had everything that I wanted. I basically want a navy blue classic pea coat, with side pockets and has a nice tapered fit. I don't the buttons to rise too high. 3 buttons on each side would be amazing. Polo Ralph Lauren made a REALLY nice one 2-3 year ago, but the ones they make now aren't the same.

I basically want something with side pockets, but also breast pockets outside as well. One thing I'm very specific of is the the military style shoulder straps and also a hidden collar strap to use to cover your face. The older Polo Ralph Lauren Pea coat had all this.

BTW...This is what I meant when i said I wanted a military style shoulder strap.

pPOLO2-8391969_alternate2_v330.jpg

This is what I was looking at so far...

1. J. Crew- $225

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...l/PRDOVR~87195/87195.jsp

images_onFigure_87_87195_87195_WB2192_m_tif_a1560ba1533318c2.jpg

2. Tommy Hilfiger- $139

http://www1.macys.com/cat...675#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D15

0880525881_403_OB_FNT

3. Polo Ralph Lauren- $425

http://www.ralphlauren.co...ts&parentPage=family

pPOLO2-8602397_standard_v330.jpg

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Picked up a coatish / jacket from H&M today. Was on sale for 30$
pimp.gif

Might post pics later

Please do... might head there if i cant find those RL "denali" like jackets for a good price...

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Picked up a coatish / jacket from H&M today. Was on sale for 30$
pimp.gif

Might post pics later

Please do... might head there if i cant find those RL "denali" like jackets for a good price...

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

FYI Old Navy is having 50% off their outwear for the next couple of days.  The pea coats are now $30.  I'm headed there on lunch today to pick up one for myself 
pimp.gif
Good looking out. I already own a Peacoat, but I'm looking at this
on776144-01p01v01.jpg
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5286&vid=1&pid=776144&scid=776144012

Anyone own this?

I was on the fence about this jacket when I picked up another jacket from Old Navy.  I felt it was too thick for the weather here in the Chi at the time.  Right about now that jacket is on point.  Looks good and it's decent for the weather
pimp.gif
I bought the jacket on Saturday, $40 as advertised. First time wearing it today, I love it. Fits true to size, and while it was a rather cold early morning (I'm talking 6:20AM I was out of my house on the way to the train for school), I was warm (wearing a T-Shirt underneath).

sreggie101, if you are still on the fence about picking this up, go for it. Olive Green or Black was the only stock in the Old Navy I went to, but I believe online I saw a (light) gray too (Big & Tall sizes though).

I need to stop in an OLD NAY and see if they have this in stock.

FYI Old Navy is having 50% off their outwear for the next couple of days.  The pea coats are now $30.  I'm headed there on lunch today to pick up one for myself 
pimp.gif
Good looking out. I already own a Peacoat, but I'm looking at this
on776144-01p01v01.jpg
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5286&vid=1&pid=776144&scid=776144012

Anyone own this?

I was on the fence about this jacket when I picked up another jacket from Old Navy.  I felt it was too thick for the weather here in the Chi at the time.  Right about now that jacket is on point.  Looks good and it's decent for the weather
pimp.gif
I bought the jacket on Saturday, $40 as advertised. First time wearing it today, I love it. Fits true to size, and while it was a rather cold early morning (I'm talking 6:20AM I was out of my house on the way to the train for school), I was warm (wearing a T-Shirt underneath).

sreggie101, if you are still on the fence about picking this up, go for it. Olive Green or Black was the only stock in the Old Navy I went to, but I believe online I saw a (light) gray too (Big & Tall sizes though).

I need to stop in an OLD NAY and see if they have this in stock.

Back
Top Bottom