OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

This US has looked modest at best. But believe or not, the world has caught up a bit now.

Everyone says that but I'm not so sure the world is as close to us in bball play as we think. Yes...the world produces some good NBA players and the occasional HOF (Nowitski, Hakeem) but you give me a team of KD, Lebron, (healthy) D Rose, CP3, Melo, Blake, Curry, Westbrook, Dhoward and fill in the blanks with other top players. I think we still would win games by 40 or 50.

how much he get overall? 

when his nba career is over he needs to come play for Talk N Text for a cup 
nthat.gif
I have know idea but in comparison to Douthit who does not get paid per cup/tourney he gets his payment of at least  $20 000 every monthand it could be as high as 50 000  for the duration of his contract  and just performance bonuses so he can basically play anywhere else let's say in the CBA during the off season and he gets his salary from both the CBA and from gilas.I would expect Blatche getting paid by Gilas and hopefully in the NBA too.

Taking Team USA’s Temperature: 13 Observations from FIBA So Far
Zach Lowe

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/team-usa-fiba-world-cup-spain/

Good article from Zach, as always.
At least Zach agrees with me

11. Harden is not passing the ball if he’s in the center of the floor on a fast break, not even if it’s a 4-on-1 with shooters on the wing and Davis trailing for an obvious lob. It’s almost a running joke now.

I disagree with Lowe on Harden's defense though, I think he's been fine. Getting his hands on balls, disrupting passing lanes and causing turnovers.

Last edited:
Taking Team USA’s Temperature: 13 Observations from FIBA So Far
Zach Lowe

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/team-usa-fiba-world-cup-spain/

Good article from Zach, as always.

At least Zach agrees with me

11. Harden is not passing the ball if he’s in the center of the floor on a fast break, not even if it’s a 4-on-1 with shooters on the wing and Davis trailing for an obvious lob. It’s almost a running joke now.

I disagree with Lowe on Harden's defense though, I think he's been fine. Getting his hands on balls, disrupting passing lanes and causing turnovers.

Yea I def agree with this, and I think everyone has noticed it, including his teammates. Just watch how much harder teammates run when Rose, Curry or Kyrie have the ball as opposed to when Harden has the ball.

Some of his teammates just stop running past half court :lol:

Last edited:
I think we can beat the Mexicans by 40 if we play a complete game. If we play sluggish I say 25 to 30 points victory.

Offense seems to struggle with the zone. They need to work on that before the final.
Weird to see how selfish they get once the zone hits, when Mexico was playing straight man to man USA seemed to not have as much a problem to move it around. Although they've never looked cohesive in the half court all summer.

Spain game will be insane, seems like it will go down to the wire.

While I fully expect Spain to play the USA extremely tough, to the point where it might go overtime or close to it, I'm sure the USA will win.

The only way I see Spain taking the USA down is if Anthony Davis gets hurt

*knock on wood

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom