OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Maybe, but this US team seems beatable to me. I actually will consider it an upset if they beat Spain.

USA doesn't have the overwhelming advantage on the wings in this team as they did in the 2 previous Olympic and in the 2010 FIBA games

I still think USA is a better team then Spain. We have the size with AD, Cousins, Drummond and Plumlee to handle the Gasol brothers and Ibaka. I think these guys are coasting through these easy teams, but when it gets down to the later stages, we'll see them amp it up. Don't get me wrong, Spain is a great team, but I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:
By the gold medal game, Spain will have gone through a tougher bracket than the USA, and I think this fact alone will give Spain an edge against the USA early in the game.

The only question is will Spain be able to take advantage of it..

Honestly, I expect and am hoping for one of the best international games we've seen in some time. Down to the wire. And it'll be interesting which USA players and which Spanish players step up...

Really tough watching d rose thus far. He clearly lacks some confidence. His game isn't smooth right now, he's just trying to outrun and out jump everyone.

I always hoped he would adjust his shooting form but I guess it's too late for that.

Klay is gonna be the best SG in the league next year.

I don't know if I'm ready to say that about Klay. He's much better than Beard defensively, but way more limited offensively. So I think Harden can impact a game more.

Which they most definitely would. Could you imagine if Team USA was constructed out of last year's draft class? They might win two games, at best.

What if we sent the NCAA National Championship team? That way, the team has continuity and chemistry with each other, and then, if they lose, we can say, hey, they were an incomplete college team.

Really tough watching d rose thus far. He clearly lacks some confidence. His game isn't smooth right now, he's just trying to outrun and out jump everyone.

I always hoped he would adjust his shooting form but I guess it's too late for that.

What u de smoke over there breh.....

Klay is way to inconsistent to be the best 2 in the league.

he"ll give you 34 one night and next have 9.

DeRozan> Klay

and im a hugh Klay fan.

Last edited:
Steph Curry needs to actually play the point guard more. No more off ball for Steph, he needs to get the ball into his hands. It's frustrating that Kyrie and Rose are getting the majority of these ball handling responsibilities from what I have seen and heard.

Curry just killed playing off the ball and you want to change that? :lol:

How many of you guys are actually watching the games. Be honest.

Not that Curry isn't capable of running point, but doesn't make sense to make him run point on this team when he is doing excellent playing off the ball.

Last edited:
Curry just killed playing off the ball and you want to change that? :lol:

How many of you guys are actually watching the games. Be honest.

Not that Curry isn't capable of running point, but doesn't make sense to make him run point on this team when he is doing excellent playing off the ball.
I'm well aware. I don't get to watch all of the games being that they come at the most inconvenient times but I'm watching. Steph needs to do more is all I'm saying. Them winning this thing will be contingent on what Curry does and how well he plays.

You must also not know that I'm resident Steph Curry Stan #1 :lol:

tbh Fran was also saying Curry could play point guard Internationally and that he was making very good decisions when he did get to handle the ball in situations.

Still, Curry will play off ball and should on this team, it makes the most sense. Also, Irving has actually been their best guard and Fran has said the same thing.

As far as USA v Spain, close call. Spain been together for several years, USA's current squad maybe a few months. With that said still have faith in Faried/Davis combo and ****, if Curry/Klay continue their recent shooting I think that should be enough. Especially if Harden catches his groove from distance too, he will continue to draw fouls at a high rate.

Fran pointed out that Spain had some recent international championship game at home in Spain too and choked to Russia. He thought the home pressure was a factor. Now that Spain is almost expected to win, the pressure should be immense. They'll have the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Jonas taking over. :pimp:

Jonas Valnciunas might be good enough to overcome the stupidity of his coach and the incompetece of his guards.

Jonas is too inconsistent to take the next step imo. He did look better towards the end of the season though.

He disappears way too often, but then again that could be blamed on lack of touches.

He's just a ? to me right now. That Derrick Favors "will you ever take the next stop" potential :lol:

Last edited:
They're both in the same tier. Klay is more valuable to a team imo, he just needs to tone down the terrible shot selection he has at times.

you tripping, the fact that Derozan can put it on the floor and get his on shot make him better then Klay along.
DeRozan isn't elite at that though so it is a marginal advantage. Klay's shooting and defense equal that out.

I believe they're in the same tier but I prefer Klay.

you tripping, the fact that Derozan can put it on the floor and get his on shot make him better then Klay along.
A slashing wing who shoots 42% from the field and then 30% from 3 being able to "creat his own shot" doesn't mean much. What's the value of being able to get your own shot if you aren't a good shooter?

If Spain did indeed lose a recent international championship game to Russia, I'm going to have to rethink my thoughts on the gold medal game

Back
Top Bottom