OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

That Russia team was very good though. Using that loss to discredit Spain is a little weird - especially considering Spain is better now than they were then. This is the deepest and most complete they've been.

That Russia team was very good though. Using that loss to discredit Spain is a little weird - especially considering Spain is better now than they were then. This is the deepest and most complete they've been.

Plus David Blatt was coaching his *** off.

and 2014 FIBA Pau is basically prime Bill Walton.

A slashing wing who shoots 42% from the field and then 30% from 3 being able to "creat his own shot" doesn't mean much. What's the value of being able to get your own shot if you aren't a good shooter?

DeRozen shot 42 and Klay shot 44, now clearly Klay is the better trey ball shooter. that's the only thing he has over DeRozen with Demar at least I know what im gonna get that night.

you don't have a clue what you will get from Klay on a nightly basis, hes way to up and down and that what separates them to me.

Last edited:
It wasn't to discredit Spain, Fran was making a larger point that playing at home puts more pressure on you. In addition to Spain being "the favorite", and all the pressure that brings with facing the USA anyway.

DeRozen shot 42 and Klay shot 44, now clearly Klay is the better trey ball shooter. that's the only thing he has over DeRozen with Demar at least I know what im gonna get that night.

you don't have a clue what you will get from Klay on a nightly basis, hes way to up and down and that what separates them to me.

yea but 3 is more than 2.

Plus David Blatt was coaching his *** off.

and 2014 FIBA Pau is basically prime Bill Walton.
Blatt is a beast in international coaching......why I vouched for him so hard to get a job over here.....what he did to win the euroleague was amazing cause they weren't expected to win it

I guess ill agree to disagree...give ME DeRozen over Klay
It's all about preference at the 2 guard. It's Harden then everyone else. You're not going to make a clear case of other 2 guards being superior to another. This season we might see some separation but right now they're all in the same tier.

Dante just came out of HS and wasn't playing consistently. Fiba is no joke + they don't have time to deal with rookie mistakes during pool play or the knockout games. Nothing to worry about.

FIBA aint for the youngins ...Exum just there just to learn and get experience, like Plumlee and Drummond

Exum going to be the best player on the Olympic team in 2016 so it's all good.

Australia going to be REALLY good in 2020.

Watching the Spain Senegal replay.

The Rubio and Pau connection is unreal. Not even the end of the 1st yet and all of Pau's 6 baskets have been cuz of a Rubio assist lol

Someone here said Pau is looking like "Prime Bill Walton"

So it seems Chicago got a decent pickup after all?

Spain looks good so far, especially on offense, but defense doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

Let's see you try to outscore the USA, Spain :pimp:

There was a discussion about this earlier in the NBA thread. I don't think I'd say it's going to necessarily forecast his season with Chicago. Definitely a positive though.

Pau is not going to sucker me into thinking great FIBA play is going to translate to great NBA play again. Nope, can't do it.

Pau is not going to sucker me into thinking great FIBA play is going to translate to great NBA play again. Nope, can't do it.

Either he really was completely mailing it in with the Lakers.

Or playing for his country just bring out the "Black Swan" Pau. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Man, don't get me started. Dude is still one of, if not my favorite player ever, but his last few years were tough to watch for a multitude of reasons.

There was a discussion about this earlier in the NBA thread. I don't think I'd say it's going to necessarily forecast his season with Chicago. Definitely a positive though.

Yea I saw that. I still follow the NBA thread but I've pulled off commenting or dropping my opinions. Season starts soon and hopefully the convo and feedback gets better, right now me posting in there are posts of news, excerpts and or fun facts, I can't discuss anything in depth because I get no love :smile:

I'm planning on watching the few Spain games I've on DVR though, I want to see this be true about Pau

Last edited:
Pau probably plays the same way fiba or not, the difference is that Rubio finds him so quickly. It's a big difference for a big guy when you can play with a pg that has chemistry with you like that.

Didn't watch the whole Spain Senegal game but Rubio was the reason for every time Pau had a chance to score in the first quarter.

Rubio has that high arching post feed pass perfected to a T, he can throw that **** from near half court I bet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom