OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

@briancmahoney: Classic U.S. moment: European journalist to DeMarcus Cousins: "Do you know where Slovenia is?" Cousins: "No, do you know where Alabama is?"

#BoogieForAmerica :pimp:

Looks like we might be seeing a more aggressive Derrick in the upcoming games:

Coach K on Derrick:

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski has likewise praised Rose repeatedly for his unselfishness and dedication to defense, but the staff has begun urging Rose to be more aggressive.

"I'd like to see [Rose] go off," Krzyzewski acknowledged Monday.

The push coming now from team officials is for Rose to be more attack-minded as the tournament wears on, knowing that guard play figures to be critical in the widely expected potential showdown with Spain in the Sept. 14 title game in Madrid. Given the size and reputation of Spanish big men Pau and Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka, Team USA is bound to counter with the speed and skill of guards such as Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, James Harden and, if he's up to it, Rose.

"He's trying to get everyone involved," Krzyzewski said. "He looks for his stuff not just fifth sometimes, but sixth or seventh. And we need him to look like he's 1 or 2 when he's out on the court. Look to make plays for people, but try to make plays for yourself, too. He's being very unselfish and trying to be a great teammate. It all comes from a good place. [But] we would like for him to look for his stuff.

Coach K giving you the green light, you know what to do.

Pau and Marc playing together in FIBA really makes me wish Memphis could have made that duo happen in the NBA this off-season. :smh:

Hopefully the guys tighten up the defense and improve the continuity on offense.

Pau and Marc playing together in FIBA really makes me wish Memphis could have made that duo happen in the NBA this off-season. :smh:

It's beautiful basketball. I mentioned in the team thread that I hope Pau and Jo eventually develop the same chemistry.

The USA guards stay chucking bad shots and leaving 3pt shooter open 
mean.gif

Farried has been the MVP in my opinion. Dude is everywhere.  And the 3 bigs have been the best players for the US as well

Back
Top Bottom