OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly. A whole group of hall of famers and top 50 players barely beat Spain. I really dont think this current team will.

Atleast not in this FIBA tournament

This FIBA tournament which happens to be IN SPAIN. I don't think that point can be underemphasized. Spain is going to have a major home court advantage. Combine that with the fact that the US is relying on a lot of guys who have never played a real meaningful game against NBA-level competition and there are just a lot of factors working in Spain's favor -- on top of them just being a very good team.

Yea, team USA does seem to have the odds stacked against them.

I honestly see this game going any of three ways:

USA wins in a tight game.
Spain wins in a tight game.
USA wins comfortably.

I do not see team USA getting blown out.

USA wins comfortably.

way to go out on a limb
magic johnson analysis

Last edited:
This FIBA tournament which happens to be IN SPAIN. I don't think that point can be underemphasized. Spain is going to have a major home court advantage. Combine that with the fact that the US is relying on a lot of guys who have never played a real meaningful game against NBA-level competition and there are just a lot of factors working in Spain's favor -- on top of them just being a very good team.

Guys have to expect to get a very unfavorable whistle against Spain in Spain. 08 and 12 showed me that FIBA officials tend to give the underdog the benefit of the doubt when playing Team USA. Weren't Lebron and Kobe in foul trouble in the first half of the Gold medal game in 08?

USA wins comfortably.

way to go out on a limb
magic johnson analysis
"If the USA can manage to score more points than Spain, I really think they can pull of the victory. And if they happen to outscore Spain by 20, 25, then that would be a blowout!"

smokin.gif

Last edited:
You can't post as many asinine thoughts as you do, then complain people are "following you around". You more or less free post on every thread.

Yes I know I can block you, doesn't matter when you post as much as you do.

SMH, #foreversalty

Edit: but 95% of my posts are in Sneakerthreads that you aren't in, so yea you'd never see me if you blocked me

Block me and keep it moving, you wanna be me though so you won't

Last edited:
Spain has always been tough even when usa had kobe bron and melo

Exactly. A whole group of hall of famers and top 50 players barely beat Spain. I really dont think this current team will.

Atleast not in this FIBA tournament

Sports pundits are quick to point to that close game in the championship. It was definitely a good and close game but I don't believe the US were clearly playing at their full potential.

People forget that in 2008 US blew out Spain 119 to 82...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/olympics/games/2008-08-16-USA-ESP

Back
Top Bottom