OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

OT why the hell did the Philppines part of Niketalk die? It was popping back in 2010 now only the Hong Kong and SG guides are being updated

I think team philippines should start hiring scouts or something to keep an eye on filipino americans they can bring over before they get too old (because of that stupid new fiba rule). Hiring Spoelstra would be the goods but something tells me that if they could've recruited him to coach or run a program over there they would've by now?

Last edited:
Two tough losses for the PI....Can anyone point me in the direction on where I can grab some of that PI FIBA gear??? I know there was a website based in the Philippines, but I can't find it and I'm also wondering if there are any other places????

We need Drayday, Javale, and any other tall athletic centers to impregnate as many filipino women so in 18 years the PI squad will look formidable with a decent coach :lol: :lol:

We need Drayday, Javale, and any other tall athletic centers to impregnate as many filipino women so in 18 years the PI squad will look formidable with a decent coach :lol: :lol:

When they came here to play those exhibitions during the lockout, reports were they also had a chance to tour the city and visit boracay, etc. My friends and I all joked that there's gonna be a bunch of 6' 9" ballers around in 2028 :lol:

:nerd:

Ugh you do that and all you get are forward types

Just invite Derrick Rose and all the other point guards to the PI and let them go nuts in the club :smokin

Ugh you do that and all you get are forward types

Just invite Derrick Rose and all the other point guards to the PI and let them go nuts in the club :smokin

It's gotta be a well rounded group..need height and taller PGs. Keep having the exhibitions and hosted after parties.

Very underrated passer. I can see that. I really can't remember Miller in regards to rim protection though. I know he was solid in post defense, but he was a good rim protector?

Dieng shooting 3s now ?
Senegalese Brad Miller.
pimp.gif
im not seein that
rare combo of passing, rim protection and shooting. seems very brand miller-y to me.
I definitely see a bit of Miller in Dieng.

He did work against the Kings, twice towards the end of the season. Had a very unique set of big man skills plus the shot blocking/disruption ability.

Last edited:
i see Dieng as a much better rim protector and rebounder than Miller ever was. Also more athltetic.  And Miller a better passer with a better shot. For now at least.

Last edited:
Yep this eligibility Rule is just recent. Like 2011 I think. Other countries were so rampant in acquiring Africans to become their citizen that alarmed FIBA. Now, the Half-Foreign Half-Local guys must be discovered at a very young age so they can acquire a passport for their choice country before 16. Other foreigners with local bloods who were able to suit up in a major FIBA event before this rule was made were exempted. (eg. Alapag, Lassiter, Lutz, Slaughter, etc.) I'm not only speaking for the Philippines though.

i hate how the media over here is sugarcoating every article. i read somewhere online over here where it was like "0-2 but feels like 2-0" :smh: :smh:

hella proud how Gilas played especially reaching the FIBA worlds, but cmon.. ALMOST doesn't count

huge props tho for making some noise :pimp:

USA vs New Zealand next.

I don't get why I root for the States even though I've been in New Zealand since I was 5 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom