OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

I don't think people we're overestimating Spain, so much as sleeping on France. I kind of let myself forget that France won the last European championship, if I'm not mistaken .

france got some nba players, so it wasnt a total shocker.
didnt they win some big tourny recently?

smh i can't believe we picked up bumlee over dame and wall for the game against spain and now they don't make it to the finals
:smh: :x

I don't think people we're overestimating Spain, so much as sleeping on France. I kind of let myself forget that France won the last European championship, if I'm not mistaken .

They did that with Tony Parker though.

Yea I forgot about some of the nba players on France:

like Pietrus
Gobert
That rolly polly dude from the Spurs

The only players I remembered was Batum and Parker

Last edited:
Spain has failed to live up to expectations many times before. They were supposed to beat team USA in 04 and lost to Marbury and that squad before the medal round, they lost early in 10 and they lost last summer. I think they struggle with great expectations. Spain IMO isn't mentally tough like the Ginobili led Argentina teams.

This is likely the Pau the Bulls have to look forward to :smh:

Like I've said in the Bulls thread, I don't expect much from Pau except to provide size, some semblance of rim protection and to stay healthy enough to give injury prone Noah some rest down the stretch

Yea I forgot about some of the nba players on France:

like Pietrus
Gobert
That rolly polly dude from the Spurs

The only players I remembered was Batum and Parker

Fournier too. Gelebale has also played in the league.

Like I've said in the Bulls thread, I don't expect much from Pau except to provide size, some semblance of rim protection and to stay healthy enough to give injury prone Noah some rest down the stretch
:lol:

France upset Spain at the Eurocup of basketball a couple of years ago. Spain has always choked in big games. Not just in Basketball, but Soccer. Up til recently before they won the World Cup in soccer in 2010, they were always known as the biggest choker.

Rim protection is definitely out of the question

Forget his size, he's like an extra magical lane to the basket

Last edited:
Well damn :wow:. I'm gonna have to catch the replay to this game. Team USA can't look past Lithuania though. They've always played well against us.

you guys got him for 3 years 22 million, why are you complaining?

Spain has failed to live up to expectations many times before. They were supposed to beat team USA in 04 and lost to Marbury and that squad before the medal round, they lost early in 10 and they lost last summer. I think they struggle with great expectations. Spain IMO isn't mentally tough like the Ginobili led Argentina teams.

Spain did win in 2006, and that was without Pau for the final. Also, Pau was injured in 2010, from what I remember, and Spain didn't even really try.

Marc and Serge being 2-14 between the two of them is even worse. Talk about choking...

exactly. im kind of baffled by the Pau bashing here, what did I miss? Defensively we all know he sucks, but what happened tonight?! Damn!

I hope they got booed off the floor :lol: :evil:

Marc and Serge being 2-14 between the two of them is even worse. Talk about choking...
exactly. im kind of baffled by the Pau bashing here, what did I miss? Defensively we all know he sucks, but what happened tonight?! Damn!

I hope they got booed off the floor
laugh.gif
devil.gif
In my case,

I'm just being facetious.

What the hell happened, man?

Did the team stay out extra late or somethin'?

Great win for France although Spain really choked on this one I said from the start Spain were overrated. Now Serbia they are ballin right now, I had greece over spain in the semi but Serbia ended that - the also ended Brazil in dominant fashion today I can see them in the final the way they are playing right now.

Lit will be a tough matchup on the boards for team USA, and remember they closed out USA really well in Athens, with that said they don't have anyone like Sharas any more who was one of the best close out guys for Lithuania.

Spain just never got into their game. It was pretty hard for Spain to work the ball into the post, and a lot of their offense reverted to their guards jacking up contested jump shots. France was defending the pick and roll beautifully.

Great win for France although Spain really choked on this one I said from the start Spain were overrated. Now Serbia they are ballin right now, I had greece over spain in the semi but Serbia ended that - the also ended Brazil in dominant fashion today I can see them in the final the way they are playing right now.

Lit will be a tough matchup on the boards for team USA, and remember they closed out USA really well in Athens, with that said they don't have anyone like Sharas any more who was one of the best close out guys for Lithuania.

Why mention games from ten years ago when Team USA and Lithuania played a really close game just two years ago in the Olympics?

Back
Top Bottom