Official FIFA Soccer 14 Thread

Getting returned. I dunno why i even bought it. Felt the same way from 12 to 13. Really 12 is all you need. If theyd keep the servers up i wont buy 15 either. Same game different numbers on the front. All they ever do is tweak the speed and timing to make it feel different. if your good at any fifa since 12 your good at em all.

Tip for ppl losing control of the rock. Play the momentum of the ball. Use lb/l1 to stop the ball if ur gunna try some trickery quickly after receiving the ball... same **** as before jus amped up.

The finesse shot is all the way back ;smh

Last edited:
Thoughts on the game so far (and I’ve only played seasons and co-op seasons):

-Through balls and lob through balls have never been easier and I think the reason for that is the other players you aren’t controlling on offense are a lot smarter, meaning they know when to make cuts and know when to start sprinting down the field. You didn’t have this problem in FIFA 13 or previous versions of FIFA because you had to do this manually by tapping LB/L1 in order for your teammate to sprint.

-The rebounding control is REALLY bad and it makes for a lot of weak goals. Sometimes even the slightest tap of the B button results in the keeper coughing up a rebound instead of corralling the ball.

-The running is a lot more realistic but because of all the automatic sprint cuts, it makes it very difficult to defend when the ball is in the air. Essentially, if you don’t play manual switching on defense, you’re really screwed.

-Winning headers are still very unrealistic. There’s just no way a guy like Giovinco should get a header ahead of John Terry who is in perfect position to make a play at the ball. FIFA has to fix this.

-The dribbling is a lot different but I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. It was quite easy to dribble in FIFA 13 so I was down for a bit of a change but it’s quite sloppy so far from what I’ve experienced in FIFA 14. It might just be something I have to get used to.

-That 5 minute grace period at the beginning of season matches is gone but I think it’s been reduced to under 2 or 3 minutes now, not entirely sure about this, someone will have to confirm.

-Graphics wise, it’s pretty much the same as FIFA 13 although they really improved the quality of the pitch.

-Presentation wise, nothing too different from FIFA 13 either, which isn’t a bad thing but improvements would’ve been appreciated.

-The finesse button must be fixed because it’s WAY too easy to score from virtually anywhere on the opponent’s side of the pitch. However, I do appreciate that you can now finesse in different ways (e.g. players will now kick off the outside of their strong foot if they have the ball on their weaker foot).

-Overall, I think it’s a step below from FIFA 13 but it’s nothing that can’t be fixed. If they get rid of the finesse cheese, the automatic sprinting and improve the rebounding control, it should be fine. I don’t expect the header situation to be fixed until next year’s version but that really needs to be addressed cause it’s just poor at this point.

Last edited:
Lagging... Same colored jerseys ( since in this one you dont see who you're playing against :stoneface: )

I hate the way the players move like damn robots
:smh:

I wonder how much EA paid IGN.

Last edited:
Gonna hold out on this one and wait to see what the final verdict is from you guys once I get bored of gta online

Yeah after a few more plays, I dont like the direction they went with this one. The robotic movement of the players is not working for me. They tried to make it more realistic, and wended up doing the opposite. Its very stiff compared to 13. 

I've bought every FIFA that has come out on release day since 2010. But the reviews in here along with the reviews on gaming sites along with my own experience with the demo do not make me wanna cop.

I'm thinking of waiting for the next gen release as well. I hated the demo. The horrible passing and painfully slow tempo made my demo experience unbarable. And looking at the posts in here it seems that was one thing that stayed the same in the full version.

I'm pretty dissapointed.

I'm like dude above who loved FIFA 12. It was THEE perfect soccer game to me. Best one ever made. When 13 came out I wasn't a big fan of the change in tempo and shooting, but after some weeks got used to it eventually and felt good about the game. It got fun after a while but never as fun as 12 was.

This though? That demo was so awful that it made me not even consider copping the game. And that's hard to say because FIFA is the only reason I bought a ps3. I barely have any other games. But since the full version is like the demo (according to everything you have all said) I just can't spend money on it knowing I won't enjoy it. Id rather keep playing 13 while I wait for the ps4.

Sucks. They do too much sometimes man. It'll never be as good as 12 again the way they keep changing ****. :rolleyes

Welp.. broke my only ps3 controller already because of this game. 6th game where I lost by a 90th minute header already.

For ***** sake EA... fix the damn game

Welp.. broke my only ps3 controller already because of this game. 6th game where I lost by a 90th minute header already.

you ever take into consideration you might just be poop in the game ?

:lol: C'mon son... we all know damn well we've won a good amount of games to those 45th and 90th minute goals too though. Just gotta hope your on the winning end more often than the losing end.

you ever take into consideration you might just be poop in the game ?
Ionno maybe I am. I was decent at fifa 13 but im booty buttcheeks at fifa  14
aha itll come back to ya fam just keep playing im sure youll get back in the groove. Thats how i was with NHL 14 i started out dookie but once i got the feel of the players again i went back in my bag

The passing is so damn terrible in the game. You can complete almost any pass, your keeper lacks the basic fundamentals to stop a header, Samuel Eto'o is a god, all headers have a 75% chance once they're in the air (110% if the receiver of the cross is rated higher than 80). And then there's the usual freezing that costs you games, not only are you unable to quit because you don't want to face Madrid when you're Juventus or United, but the game freezes every 30 mins and costs you a L. EA needs to release a patch ASAP as possible. Yes I said 'as possible' it's that urgent.

Last edited:
Tell me why I can hit 15-20 yard screamers at the corners of the net and the goalie has no problems stopping them, but I got opponents scoring 30 yard slow dribblers and finesse shots all day

A few patches needed but I adapted so far. Only have one L in about 10 games. And that was a blown lead.

I like to use a variety of teams and the only complaint i have is the goalies with their Hockey Table tendencies of letting rebounds go instead of grasping the ball soundly.

I love the through balls being able to beat defenders better this time around.

Oh and the celebrations :lol:

I busted out the gangam style dance and i was :rofl:

I didnt know it was in there

honestly after just finding out that this is a launch title for X1 I might as well just wait and by the time comes these things are fixed

My biggest problems with the game are that players that should be able to turn, can't. I've got guys like Valbuena, Eriksen, Lamela that can't turn any quicker than CB's.

While I enjoy the fact that attacking players make intelligent runs, the defenders repeatedly will stand and watch. The defenders a.i. is absolutely terrible. They watch crosses go right by them, don't mark attackers, and do not react to loose balls anywhere on the pitch. Keepers are extremely inconsistent as well.

All these little problems never bothered me with the game...playing 1v1...UT...whatever....until.....I played Pro Clubs..

I have no control whatsoever of my player. The control of the ball is dumb as @^&$&^$@#$*&^%*@^&.

I get the ball and it feels like the ball has been rubbed with butter all over and it's slipping everywhere.

*&(^*%^&*@ slip 'n slide the whole *^%@(&%^# match with the stupid ball.

We have 7 losses because the game constantly freezes our systems.

The finesse shot needs toned down, it's ridiculous.

Basically everything about Pro Clubs is broken.

I really think they said &^*$&^$# this game for 360 and PS3, let's wait until the next generations for a somewhat decent game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom