::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

A full kit wanker, who knew.

Lol

@Eiddy who you rooting for since SA isn't in the World Cup? Would England be my correct assumption since they had such a strong influence there?

Spain.

Been following them closely since around 2008 leading up to 2010 WC. I started following them solely cause of David Villa (probably my favorite striker of all time to be honest), then I just sorta never stopped watching them :lol:.

The Final was a crazy night for me....not only was it freezing....but I was SURROUNDED by Dutch, and I was one of the like 10 people in my section that were rooting for Spain. But it was awesome, the Dutch dudes behind me startin poppin ish, and we were trash talkin all night. By half time, we were all buying each other beers, and sharing biltong and stories about football. Crazily enough they left immediately after the Spain goal cause they couldn't take it anymore :smh:

Here's a pic from my seat at the final. I had box seats (which come with complimentary seats in the first 4 rows as well, so you could choose, I chose to sit in the stands, cause I'd already done the box for other games, and this is the final, I wanted to be in the madness, even if I couldn't feel my nose, toes and fingers within the first 5 min). I won't lie, I shed a tear when I saw my seat (row 4).

View media item 1014605

Right after the goal was scored, you see where the Spanish players run? Well look slightly above into the light blue first row of the crowd, you'll see people running to that corner to celebrate....I was one of them :lol:

I wanted to get at her....

View media item 1014606
But then her man came back with drinks (dude next to her), and I quickly realized, I should just focus on the amazing event that is taking place right in front of me, and that there'll be plenty of options at the after parties :lol:

Funnily enough, 3 countries have MASSIVE followings in SA:

Germany: Simply cause there's a big German population here that either have holiday houses here, or actually moved here full time.

England: Obvious reasons, major links between SA and England culturally, and plenty of English folk have moved here, and they literally invade the beaches every single summer. Plus SA folk always end up going to London for some reason.

Dutch: If you watch the WC 2010 matches, especially the ones in CPT, the Oranje literally FILLED the stadium. This is a bit of a strange one, but I guess it's Stockholm syndrome, cause the Dutch were colonisers in SA, and there's still loads of Dutch culture that remains in SA (Afrikaans- a national language- is a mixture of Dutch and English).

Last edited:
wow eiddy didn't even know you went to the world cup/final :pimp:

VERY JEALOUS

wow eiddy didn't even know you went to the world cup/final :pimp:

VERY JEALOUS

It was definitely top 10 experience of my life and #1 sporting experience of my life.

I was meant to go to this years WC, but there's just no way I could get away from what I'm currently working on. Some of my boys are already there :smh:

We're planning to be at the Olympics for the tennis, footy and some athletics.

Nice pics :smokin

We still need you and a couple others in the brackets btw.

I haven't forgotten, I'm going to get to it :lol:.

:lol: I got shorts for leg days, I wont wear the full kit together. I got all of it for half off perks of living in oregon :rofl:g
World Cup items aren't restricted at the Nike employee store like they are at Adidas?

Spain.

Been following them closely since around 2008 leading up to 2010 WC. I started following them solely cause of David Villa (probably my favorite striker of all time to be honest), then I just sorta never stopped watching them :lol:.

The Final was a crazy night for me....not only was it freezing....but I was SURROUNDED by Dutch, and I was one of the like 10 people in my section that were rooting for Spain. But it was awesome, the Dutch dudes behind me startin poppin ish, and we were trash talkin all night. By half time, we were all buying each other beers, and sharing biltong and stories about football. Crazily enough they left immediately after the Spain goal cause they couldn't take it anymore :smh:

Here's a pic from my seat at the final. I had box seats (which come with complimentary seats in the first 4 rows as well, so you could choose, I chose to sit in the stands, cause I'd already done the box for other games, and this is the final, I wanted to be in the madness, even if I couldn't feel my nose, toes and fingers within the first 5 min). I won't lie, I shed a tear when I saw my seat (row 4).

View media item 1014605

Right after the goal was scored, you see where the Spanish players run? Well look slightly above into the light blue first row of the crowd, you'll see people running to that corner to celebrate....I was one of them :lol:

I wanted to get at her....

View media item 1014606
But then her man came back with drinks (dude next to her), and I quickly realized, I should just focus on the amazing event that is taking place right in front of me, and that there'll be plenty of options at the after parties :lol:

Funnily enough, 3 countries have MASSIVE followings in SA:

Germany: Simply cause there's a big German population here that either have holiday houses here, or actually moved here full time.

England: Obvious reasons, major links between SA and England culturally, and plenty of English folk have moved here, and they literally invade the beaches every single summer. Plus SA folk always end up going to London for some reason.

Dutch: If you watch the WC 2010 matches, especially the ones in CPT, the Oranje literally FILLED the stadium. This is a bit of a strange one, but I guess it's Stockholm syndrome, cause the Dutch were colonisers in SA, and there's still loads of Dutch culture that remains in SA (Afrikaans- a national language- is a mixture of Dutch and English).

Very cool. Count yourself very fortunate to have attended a world cup final.

My only problem with your post is that your favorite player may be David Villa. Really!?!
David Villa? I hate that guy and Im a Barca fan. Didnt like him with Valenica, Barca or Atletico. I think its his attitude and demeanor on the field and in interviews. I also dislike the way he treats other players and the press.

Spain.

Very cool. Count yourself very fortunate to have attended a world cup final.

My only problem with your post is that your favorite player may be David Villa. Really!?!
David Villa? I hate that guy and Im a Barca fan. Didnt like him with Valenica, Barca or Atletico. I think its his attitude and demeanor on the field and in interviews. I also dislike the way he treats other players and the press.

Favorite striker, not player.

He wasn't even my favorite player at Barca, that's still PEDRO (doesn't get enough credit in my opinion).

Villa was my favorite striker for what he did on the pitch, not off the pitch.

HBO's John Oliver's rant on the WC in Brazil. So many great points...

:lol: @ FIFA's board room looking like the war room in Dr. Stranglove.

:lol: @ FIFA being a non-profit org... The nerve of blatter having the stones to say that in public...

Last edited:
eiddyfouw eiddyfouw should've been on that Positve K steez & stepped to ol girl like this... :lol:

I thought about the...

prbg7g3.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom