::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

I respect soccer players more than athletes of any sport because there fitness is top notch and some of **** they pull off I know I could never do.

So every game I get to watch I am literally wowed by it all.

Love soccer
Could not agree more the fitness they have to be at to play 90+ and pull off half the aerial **** they do amazes me every single game. 

GO USA

Korea needs to stop playing in the back and put some pressure on Russia's goal. Push up and be more aggressive.

Hold up, did you just say Ghana/US matched showed good football compared to this?

roll.gif

Was it the bicycle attempt from 25 yards out?

Or the half volleys from 35 yards out?
Oh, you seem to have skipped over the word "exciting" albeit I misspelled it and wrote excited by accident. Let's not put words in my mouth.  The US X Ghana game was a lot more exciting than this one, was it not? This one had terrible play, with 0 goals to show for. Yet US X Ghana had 3. Maybe the fact that is was a "rivalry" added significance to the game.

How come you don't mention the Holland game I pointed out? Or the Ivory Coast game? :smile: I see you pick and choose your battles "bro". Have fun arguing with yourself after proving nothing. Do us all a favor and admire the thread from afar, you clearly have nothing to contribute when it comes to this kind of football aside from petty remarks.

Have a good night NTer23.

So you mad that Mexico stuffed and fought for every ball against brazil? You should know how Mexico plays Brazil.... What happened in the Olympics???? You tell mexico they are playing Brazil in a big stage and they get bigger and raise to the occasion. Your team tried but you are not giving mexico enough credit thus sounding hurt.
Lol didn't we talk about this already? Mexico is a good squad, I know it, the world knows it. But this game all you guys had, was the goalkeeper. Why not be honest? And the Olympics? Cool, 2-1 U23. Confederations Cup 2013? What happened? Again, no need to go to the past, and if you do, don't skip 2013 please
smile.gif
 Cause at that stage, Mexico came up pretty short losing to both Italy and Brazil. Only beating Japan, which led to them staying in the group stages. Lucky for Mexico there isn't another big team in our group or the two advancing would be Brazil and (insert big team here).

I'll give credit where credit is due. Credit isn't due to anyone else on the Mexican squad except for your goalie, if I was Mexican I would be pissed that my best player literally didn't contribute anything (Giovanni Dos Santos, which is half Brazilian). At least Neymar created legit opportunities, very few but he did. Everyone else on the Brazil squad that was supposed to show something didn't, so they don't get credit either, especially Paulinho, which I think is the biggest upset honestly, after having a strong Confed. Cup he isn't showing Brazil anything here. Only consistent players so far is our two defenders, Luiz and Silva, even Gustavo played a good defensive game today. Offensively we literally had ****. Fred ..... Did he play? Cause he was MIA for a while, actually the whole time, and no simulated PK today either. Bernard, Jo? Nothing as well. Marcelo? To busy diving.

Again, I respect Mexico and their football skills cause they're clearly there (especially in Libertadores, fun to watch those physical games) but today, no bueno. On either side, if Brazil had played a little bit better, 1-0 at least for sure. Brazil didn't want it today. Simple and plain.

Edit: Speaking out of my ***? Really? I just saw that lmao, ok. Let's not pretend like Mexico is a real contender for the World Cup here. Put your pride away, Mexico is a good team but one that won't ever win a WC. You guys haven't even placed in a top 4 position EVER. But I guess you have to have your fun during these group stages right? Well, good luck in the knockout stages. Fascinating this coming from someone who supposedly plays too. Btw, no one is hurt, I'm speaking the truth and you're feeling some type of way.

Last edited:
Arshavin fell out of favor with the National team after he sort of insulted the Russian fans after Euro 2012. Should have been called up but alas he was not.

IMO Capello is feeling out his starting lineup. He's not sure if he wants Dzagoev or Shatov/Kokorin or Kerzhakov starting. I expect the lineup to change over the course of the group. Dzagoev and Kerzhakov will be subbed on, Denisov likely will as well later.

IMO Capello is feeling out his starting lineup. He's not sure if he wants Dzagoev or Shatov/Kokorin or Kerzhakov starting. I expect the lineup to change over the course of the group. Dzagoev and Kerzhakov will be subbed on, Denisov likely will as well later.
Similarly I'm waiting on Kim Bo-Kyung. He's grown leaps and bounds at Cardiff. Even bossed Yaya Toure in midfield one match this past campaign. He brings creativity and a new element Korea needs. Can't be content hitting the back across the back four. Possession advantage means nothing without scoring opportunities. I won't be satisfied with a scoreless draw. Point is great but the goal is to defeat Russia and Algeria to advance to knockout stage like 2010.

Just need to finish one of these chances and Korea could steal this. Come on boys, do it.

Back
Top Bottom