::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

So i should be like you.

"Oh my team needs X...my team needs Y...if we had X we could have won"

Then when you win you say "Man i had faith".
And when you lose you say "ive been saying we lacked X. We did not deserve to win"

Ive been hearing your same spiel with Real and Portugal's ups and down.

I aint like that. I aint jinxing anyone. Im just a fan.

And how was I wrong all year? Barca beat Real (2 wins 1 loss) and they had a chance to beat Atletico for La Liga. Doesnt seem crazy for someone to say they would win La liga

Bro you obviously took things too personal. Relax, you're only half Argentinian right? The other half of you should be a little bit more objective and humble. Chill bro. :lol:

It's just that you arrogantly paraded yourself all season long calling Barca "champions" and discrediting any other team who beat them without giving that same team any credit. You had a habit of being too loud and proud then you fell flat on your face when you lost that bet :lol:. It's cool tho, you're a stan, we get it. But the "jinx" stuff was a joke about your personality, calma :lol:

And I didn't see you post much about the EPL this season, Sturridge should be the real number 9. Not Rooney, and I think England would have a better chance with Raheem Sterling or Barkley starting ahead of Rooney. Which I don't know if you know - is an ongoing debate in England due to Rooney underperforming time after time on England. So yea. Glad to help.

Last edited:
is the mexico match on univision? :nerd:
most likely m9.

if you speak spanish, you could always use TV Azteca streaming as an alternative. It's not too shabby.

wait a minute, I think someone made a bet for barca beating some team and the wager was an avy change, I think it was AJIII that lost.

Did he ever change his avy?

:nerd:

Last edited:
Bro you obviously took things too personal. Relax, you're only half Argentinian right? The other half of you should be a little bit more objective and humble. Chill bro. :lol:

It's just that you arrogantly paraded yourself all season long calling Barca "champions" and discrediting any other team who beat them without giving that same team any credit. You had a habit of being too loud and proud then you fell flat on your face when you lost that bet :lol:. It's cool tho, you're a stan, we get it. But the "jinx" stuff was a joke about your personality, calma :lol:

And I didn't see you post much about the EPL this season, Sturridge should be the real number 9. Not Rooney, and I think England would have a better chance with Raheem Sterling or Barkley starting ahead of Rooney. Which I don't know if you know - is an ongoing debate in England due to Rooney underperforming time after time on England. So yea. Glad to help.

Its all good bro.

I disagree though.

1. Too many on NT just looking for reps and friends and dont speak their mind. This is a forum where we all give our opinions.
2. Confidence and arrogance dont have to be the same...i thought you said the Portuguese were the arrogant ones.
3. Rooney > Sturridge in my opinion. You dont have to watch the EPL to say that. People seem to have a short term memory

most likely m9.

if you speak spanish, you could always use TV Azteca streaming as an alternative. It's not too shabby.

wait a minute, I think someone made a bet for barca beating some team and the wager was an avy change, I think it was AJIII that lost.

Did he ever change his avy?

:nerd:

Yeah it was me and AZwildcat (chelsea fan) He was rooting for Atletico. I did change it during the Chelsea vs Atletico semis. I like AZ cuz he didnt pick an embarrasing Avy for me, speaks his mind, and isnt sensitive.

Last edited:
Its all good bro.

I disagree though.

1. Too many on NT just looking for reps and friends and dont speak their mind. This is a forum where we all give our opinions.
2. Confidence and arrogance dont have to be the same...i thought you said the Portuguese were the arrogant ones.
3. Rooney > Sturridge in my opinion. You dont have to watch the EPL to say that. People seem to have a short term memory

That's a generalization I joke around with because the world views Ronaldo &. Mourinho as crazy arrogant, they're Portuguese. So I have fun with that.

But when you say things like "The world of Football lost because Barca didn't make it to the semi-finals of the CL" that's an arrogant statement. That's not confidence. Atletico whooped those boys up and down the field and deserved to win, and they deserved the credit.

I don't think any English fan or anyone in England right now would pick Rooney ahead of Sturridge at the number 9 position, not to mention how lethal Sturridge has been in these friendlies - don't think anyone would agree with you there bro. The debate is whether Rooney should play behind him, I don't think he should. I'd rather go Barkley or Sterling.

Last edited:
That's a generalization I joke around with because the world views Ronaldo &. Mourinho as crazy arrogant, they're Portuguese. So I have fun with that. But when you say things like "The world of Football lost because Barca didn't make it to the semi-finals of the CL" that's an arrogant statement. That's not confidence. Atletico whooped those boys up and down the field and deserved to win, and they deserved the credit.

I don't think any English fan or anyone in England right now would pick Rooney ahead of Sturridge at the number 9 position, not to mention how lethal Sturridge has been in these friendlies - don't think anyone would agree with you there bro. The debate is whether Rooney should play behind him, I don't think he should. I'd rather go Barkley or Sterling.

LOL

The world did lose. There would have been 3 more Barca games for the world to enjoy:wink:

I agree i dont follow the EPL but again I will say in "My Opinion" Rooney is an unquestionable starter anywhere on the field.

Last edited:
Yeah it was me and AZwildcat (chelsea fan) He was rooting for Atletico. I did change it during the Chelsea vs Atletico semis. I like AZ cuz he didnt pick an embarrasing Avy for me, speaks his mind, and isnt sensitive.
so it was just for 1 match?

I thought it as for longer, but I can't remember it was a while back.

Anyways, what do you guys think tomorrow's score will look like?

Brazil 3 - 1 Croatia :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm watching the espn 2 hour long WC preview (shocking I know) but Roberto Martinez, the only creditable pundit I trust on these shows, said that this is te first WC that all previous Winners of the WC are in together. Is that true? I'm trying to do the math right now

Looks like the The Arena das Dunas in Natal won't be ready... It's supposed to host the El Tri vs Cameroon game Friday... :smh:

First Sao Paulo, now Natal - another World Cup stadium is struggling to be ready for kick-off

The Arena das Dunas site has not passed a safety inspection and is not yet in position to host Friday's opening game between Mexico and Cameroon

Brazil’s overdue and over-budget World Cup 2014 preparations have been plunged into further chaos following news that the Arena das Dunas in Natal may not be ready for its opening match of the tournament.

Mexico are due to face Cameroon on Friday in what is scheduled to be the first match held at the stadium.

While Secopa (Extraordinary Secretary for World Cup Related Subjects) has guaranteed that the stadium is all but finished, the fire department responsible for signing the order of release for the use of the site disagree.

According to firefighters, there should have been a safety inspection of the site on Tuesday, but they were not authorised to make their visit, meaning that the stadium is yet to be cleared to host matches.

The Arena de Sao Paulo, the stadium scheduled to host the opening game of the tournament between Brazil and Croatia on Thursday, faced similar issues.

The Sao Paulo firefighters department refused to sign off on its temporary seating, which led to Fifa recalling a number of sold tickets.

Fans that acquired seats in that part of the stadium were forced to exchange their purchased seats for those situated in other areas of the stadium, causing the capacity to fall from around 68,000 to little over 60,000.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/wo...tal-another-world-cup-stadium-is?ICID=HP_HN_1

just fiilled out my bracket with portugal finally beating spain.  of course, im not high but like coupe said, its hard not to pick with your heart.  also have usa getting out of the group.  there's always a top tier team that crashes out in the group stage and maybe its germany.

these last few hours at work is going to go by soooooo slooooowwwwwww..

From an English perspective I'd go with both Sturridge and Rooney on Saturday, although Barkley has been excellent in the warm up games and all season in the league, he will be electric from the bench against a pretty slow Italian defence, as will Sterling

If Rooney has a bad game I would drop him for the Uruguay game, he is a match winner but his form since he got the new deal has been horrible, the worst iv seen of him

TOP 10 PLAYERS TO LOOK OUT FOR W.C

10. Wayne Rooney (ENG)
9. Robin Van Persie (NETH)
8. Miroslav Klose (GER)
7. Mario Balotelli (ITA)
6. Andres Iniesta (ESP)
5. Eden Hazard ( BEL)
4. Luis Suarez (URU)
3. Neymar (Brazil)
2. Lionel Messi (ARG)
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR)

Rooney is not 

10. Wayne Rooney (ENG)
8. Miroslav Klose (GER)
7. Mario Balotelli (ITA)
6. Andres Iniesta (ESP)
5. Eden Hazard ( BEL)
4. Luis Suarez (URU)
3. Neymar (Brazil)
2. Lionel Messi (ARG)
3 of them might not even start. :lol:

Manaus 
mean.gif

10. Wayne Rooney (ENG)

8. Miroslav Klose (GER)

7. Mario Balotelli (ITA)

6. Andres Iniesta (ESP)

5. Eden Hazard ( BEL)

4. Luis Suarez (URU)

3. Neymar (Brazil)

2. Lionel Messi (ARG)

lmao @ rooney being on that list, replace rooney with benzema, i think benzema has a chance to be the leading goal scorer due to france being in a weak group...

10. Wayne Rooney (ENG)

8. Miroslav Klose (GER)

7. Mario Balotelli (ITA)

6. Andres Iniesta (ESP)

5. Eden Hazard ( BEL)

4. Luis Suarez (URU)

3. Neymar (Brazil)

2. Lionel Messi (ARG)

lmao @ rooney being on that list, replace rooney with benzema, i think benzema has a chance to be the leading goal scorer due to france being in a weak group...

Griezmann is the one to from France, Fantasy team sleeper

Nah man Cup of Life was the GOAT theme :smokin
]
when did this song come out, was it for France '98? I could have sworn hearing that Ricky Martin song back when I was still living in DR.

Interesting
Biggest Drinkers-Russia
Most Unmarried Women-Brazil
Most Internet Users-Netherlands
Highest Murder Rate-Honduras

From an English perspective I'd go with both Sturridge and Rooney on Saturday, although Barkley has been excellent in the warm up games and all season in the league, he will be electric from the bench against a pretty slow Italian defence, as will Sterling

If Rooney has a bad game I would drop him for the Uruguay game, he is a match winner but his form since he got the new deal has been horrible, the worst iv seen of him

That's pretty much the consensus around England right? That's what I'm perceiving it to be from the papers and media.

Back
Top Bottom