::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Basically anywhere the US have played at home in the last decade, they could use in the World Cup

From what I read that's not true. FIFA has different requirements for WC stadia.
Will read this and let you know what I find out.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou..._recommendations_and_requirements_en_8211.pdf

I did not mean the small 18k-25k MLS stadiums either, I mostly meant NFL stadiums and college facilities that would be used.

No way, Chicago won't be snubbed. It'd be NYC, Boston, Chicago, and LA. Outside chance for Dallas, Seattle, and Miami. They'd need a Midwestern team so....Chicago would be it.

Seattle would definitely be included.

US has plenty of stadiums for a potential World Cup.

There are a ton of requirements from FIFA on stadiums that can host a game. Some that I read are that most of the stands have to be covered for at least half the game, and the stands have to be a certain distance from the field. So if the US did host the WC, they would either have to use nothing but domes, or modify a lot of existing stadiums.

Man look at that piece of ****, incomplete stadium Brazil is putting out there :smh:

It definitely seem like some of them didn't even know we hosted the 94 World Cup tbh :lol:

Pretty strange. There were games played in pretty much every major metropolitan area of the US and weren't restricted to professional venues.

For example Stanford in the Bay Area (I was 4 years old and had a fever when my dad got tickets :smh: )

Last edited:
None of these developing countries should be allowed to host World Cups. The idea behind them is great and all, but at the end of the day there's always gonna be corruption and a huge misuse of money that can be better spent improving important parts of their societies.

The pitch that England is gonna play on is disgusting. My high school's soccer field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that. Those lumpy and grassless fields destroy your legs :x

Last edited:
Yo, I was reading that they are gonna be painting over the yellow/brown/ dead spots at the Manaus pitch :lol: :rofl:

Yo, I was reading that they are gonna be painting over the yellow/brown/ dead spots at the Manaus pitch :lol: :rofl:

Smh i fear someone is gonna get badly hurt man. You cant plant your leg on ****** up grass like that. Its not safe

It reminds me of when I used to play in the hood fields back in the day. It was basically barely better than running on cement in your cleats, and my ankles and shins would be sore as @#$# for days. But you couldn't safely play in indoor shoes either because people would slip and hurt themselves in the normal patches of grass :x :lol:

I can't imagine any professional playing on that type of field for 90 minutes. It's just not safe at all. I mean, we only got away with it cause we were kids who cared more about messing around than playing for real

Last edited:
Chicago is one of the nicest cities in the US though. They're not gonna host games in the South Side :lol:

I mean if you go abroad, people primarily think of the US as NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, and Miami and a bunch of rednecks everywhere else, and that's why those cities always have the most tourists and immigrants

Last edited:
The commentators were saying that japanese ref is going to be done after today.

The fix was in... Smh refs on that home cooking... Croatia was robbed :smh:
I mean the score was 3-1. It's not like they won based off that penalty alone. Say that they didn't get that penalty, Oscar would've still broke away and scored.

Just watched it.. Ummmmm Croatia got jobbed

I know everyone is already talking about the penalty which lead to the free kick goal by Neymar... But was the explanation for calling off croatia's '2nd' goal?

^
I think it was for one of the players colliding with the goalie. Play was stopped after that.

I mean the score was 3-1. It's not like they won based off that penalty alone. Say that they didn't get that penalty, Oscar would've still broke away and scored.

Wtf! Should've been 1-1 or 2-1 Croatia, clear foul before Brazil scored that last goal, on Brazil... Go back and watch that game not just the highlights...

Old Solider Field hosted the opening ceremony and game of the World Cup in '94. I think the vastly upgraded version could hold some games.

^
I think it was for one of the players colliding with the goalie. Play was stopped after that.
Yea.

If i remembe correctly and from the replays, after David Luiz kicks out, the ref blew the whistle and the croatian guy kicked it and Thiago Silva didn't even try to block it, so it didn't count anyway.

Wtf! Should've been 1-1 or 2-1 Croatia, clear foul before Brazil scored that last goal, on Brazil... Go back and watch that game not just the highlights...
Man shut up. The ref clearly blew the whistle because of the foul. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom