::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

I will always have a soft spot for Holland due to Edgar Davids.

I remember I had this screen saver on my old PC that had Edgar Davids, and if you clicked somewhere on the screen, he would kick the ball at the screen and it would look like the screen was cracked. It was dope. If anybody can help me find a video of it I would appreciate it.

Lol! Me too. Except I had one with Edgar in a Juventus jersey with his dreads flared out with reddish tint googles.

Neymar's piece 
devil.gif

So far im 4-0 with my predictions.

My predictions for tomorrow:
Colombia 1-0 over Greece
Uruguay 2-1 over Costa Rica
Italy 2-1 over England
Japan 3-1over Ivory Coast

Last edited:
I wish I could remember my password for the brackets. I can't recall my standings. All i remember is I have el tri and brazil moving out of the group stages as well as holla and chile, i think.

Mexico vs chile

brazil vs holland

Mexico moves forward and after watching today/s chile, if mexico does get to play them, their defense will be their downfall.

Last edited:

Neymar's piece 
devil.gif
Neymar got himself a good one
pimp.gif
Neymar's girl
pimp.gif
Lmao I come in this thread to talk soccer and Neymar's girl made her way into the thread? Btw, that isn't his girl. He's dating Bruna Marquezine, that's hilarious though, don't know how that was mixed up, they even took a picture together after the Croatia game.

Anyway, back to soccer, Brazil FTW. :smile:

It'll make up for 1950, I promise.

Yo plat give me some picks for my bookie account tmw fam.

IDK if its been mentioned but no vuvuzelas is appreciated. Loved the Brazilian, Mexican, and Chile home games.

I wish I could remember my password for the brackets. I can't recall my standings. All i remember is I have el tri and brazil moving out of the group stages as well as holla and chile, i think.

Mexico vs chile

brazil vs holland

Mexico moves forward and after watching today/s chile, if mexico does get to play them, their defense will be their downfall.
Whoa, a little optimistic lmao. Not knocking you but do you have as Mexico being #1 in their group and Brazil #2? That would mean you would have Chile #2 and Holland #1. I don't think Mexico is beating Brazil, I mean you guys got the Olympics but that was an U23 tournament with the exception of the allowed 2-3 players over the age. No way Mexico beats this Brazil.

Edit: Or you have Mexico #2 Chile #1 and Brazil #1 and Holland #2. Which is still wild because Holland isn't losing in the group stages. At least I don't see that happening, especially after the performance against the former champions.

Last edited:
Whoa, a little optimistic lmao. Not knocking you but do you have as Mexico being #1 in their group and Brazil #2? That would mean you would have Chile #2 and Holland #1. I don't think Mexico is beating Brazil, I mean you guys got the Olympics but that was an U23 tournament with the exception of the allowed 2-3 players over the age. No way Mexico beats this Brazil.

Nah, i have Brazil stepping out as the leader.

and lol @ the olympic comment. Trying to take away from Mexico, I see you papi.

Brazil squad on paper was wayyy better than Mexico for that match. They were the favorites, people were ruling out mexico as losing and look what happened, never understimate el tri on the world stage b, they will step up.

Marcelo, Oscar, Neymar, Hulk, etc.. all stars. It was practically the same squad of the Confed. Cup with a few different players.

I'm optimistic after what i saw with Brazil. They aren't playing the way their squad should. It wasn't good and Mexico can exploit some of those loopholes, but Brazil can do the same. I think a draw might be the deciding factor, but I don't rule out Mexico with a possible win nor do I rule out a possible loss. Anything can happen. But I'll be happy if el tri proves the naysayers wrong :smokin

Mexico steps up for the big matches and for some reason, Mexico has always, always stepped up in the big stage against brazil. They can give any team a run for their money, considering a lot of squads have talent that people don't think Mexico is even capable of nurturing on the north and then they get proven wrong.

I won't even be able to watch the match. I have class that day smh :smh:

edit- let me see if I can log in to look at my bracket. I might actually be wrong on who's leading the boards on the other group.

okay so it seems I don't actually have chile stepping out of the group stages, but i have holland leading with Spain as number 2.

and it seems I have Mexico beating Holland....

hehe

:tongue:

and just to finish my comment on group A. I'm also optimistic about el Tri taking a W against Croatia. They're goalkeeper is terrible. If Mexico can hold the counter with a good D and they can replicate the same playing style they had against Ecuador, I can see cannons going through the keeper. I'm hoping Croatia has a good back up keeper because that one they had against Brazil was bad.

either way, i'm really excited about this WC so far. Great matches and anything could happen so I could totally be off base with my optimistic assumptions. I'll have to wait and see and hope for the best :smokin

Last edited:
Not eemm getting off the couch until the last whistle in the last game today :pimp:

:pimp: gonna get all errands done by 10am :lol:

Damn still can't believe how poor the Dutch made Spain look yesterday,lawd. That was amazing to watch...hope van Gaal can't muster that up once he goes to united tho

Nah, i have Brazil stepping out as the leader.

and lol @ the olympic comment. Trying to take away from Mexico, I see you papi.

Brazil squad on paper was wayyy better than Mexico for that match. They were the favorites, people were ruling out mexico as losing and look what happened, never understimate el tri on the world stage b, they will step up.

Marcelo, Oscar, Neymar, Hulk, etc.. all stars. It was practically the same squad of the Confed. Cup with a few different players.

I'm optimistic after what i saw with Brazil. They aren't playing the way their squad should. It wasn't good and Mexico can exploit some of those loopholes, but Brazil can do the same. I think a draw might be the deciding factor, but I don't rule out Mexico with a possible win nor do I rule out a possible loss. Anything can happen. But I'll be happy if el tri proves the naysayers wrong
smokin.gif

Mexico steps up for the big matches and for some reason, Mexico has always, always stepped up in the big stage against brazil. They can give any team a run for their money, considering a lot of squads have talent that people don't think Mexico is even capable of nurturing on the north and then they get proven wrong.

I won't even be able to watch the match. I have class that day smh
mean.gif

edit- let me see if I can log in to look at my bracket. I might actually be wrong on who's leading the boards on the other group.

okay so it seems I don't actually have chile stepping out of the group stages, but i have holland leading with Spain as number 2.

and it seems I have Mexico beating Holland....

hehe

tongue.gif

and just to finish my comment on group A. I'm also optimistic about el Tri taking a W against Croatia. They're goalkeeper is terrible. If Mexico can hold the counter with a good D and they can replicate the same playing style they had against Ecuador, I can see cannons going through the keeper. I'm hoping Croatia has a good back up keeper because that one they had against Brazil was bad.

either way, i'm really excited about this WC so far. Great matches and anything could happen so I could totally be off base with my optimistic assumptions. I'll have to wait and see and hope for the best
smokin.gif
Not taking anything away from Mexico I know they're a good team, they have a solid squad, I have them and Brazil making it out of the group. But that Brazil was no where nearly as strong as the Brazil that was in the Confed. Cup nor are they as strong as the team in this WC. Our starting keeper was Gabriel (AC Milan) for god sakes  with Neto as the backup lol instead of Dani Alves we had Rafael who played for Mexico (at least it looked like it the way he gave you guys that first goal) no David Luiz, Ganso who is definitely one of Brazil's biggest busts recently along with the other one Alexandre Pato. And as a Brazilian I personally don't like Hulk that much, I prefer Lucas or even Bernard over Hulk, yes he's crazy fast and just as strong but he doesn't compare to Lucas, at least in my eyes.

As for Mexico X Croatia, I think Mexico will win as well, I think it'll be tough but in the end Mexico will come out with the win.

Y'all are sick if you watch all 4 matches today. That's like 10 hours of footy with 3 1-hour breaks.

YALL SICK

Can someone bring me a lunch?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
as a casual fan I enjoy reading y'all commentary/analysis. def watching all 4 games today :smokin

pumped for england v italy

Back
Top Bottom