***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

c flyness c flyness Some of the FILA apparel is quite decent and priced well too. A far better option than some of the trash 'high fashion' that's being pushed out for significantly higher money.

I personally wouldn't sweat over some insecure cats making false claims over social media.

Every brand has sneakers that we like and don't like. Well I remember when sadly FILA had already lost its mojo. Their 21st century designers weren't being original/creative anymore, like the ones from the 80s & 90s, and they started biting designs.

Example: FILA Helmsman bit off the Prada Americas Cup design, and I remember there was a photo circulating on the internet of a FILA model that looked like the Foamposite's.

These are the kinds of FILA kicks that I don't cosign. I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything. It would be one of the dumbest FILA moves ever, if they ever decide to release them again, they just would be going backwards with their legacy.

Well I hope that doesn't happen. I'm cool with them designing some new shoes as long as they come with an original design, but tbh nothing will ever compare with the stuff from their back catalogue.

Last edited:
FILA Runball GH6
FILA Runball GH6 Ad.jpg
FILA Runball GH6.jpg

This model released back in 2000 and its one of those few last dope models that FILA came out with.

It's not one of Grant Hills most iconic shoes, but at least it has a unique design to them.

Last edited:
I can't look past the guy in the background, that stance is great. It's like he know he's in frame, tries to look away but has to stick out somehow.

If you're new to the this. I can understand if these would impress you, but us real FILA fans want the OG Mindblower model, not something that kind of looks like the Mindblower, they might look similar but if you look very closely, you'll definitely notice the difference.

From what I see the only thing that looks the same is the font, everything else is totally different. Don't get me wrong they do look nice. I'm even diggin the colorway, but its still a NO for me. Man, they better stop playing and release the real MINDBLOWER.

Why the hell do companies feel the need to use new materials with existing designs? Fila just look like they're getting on board the Flyknit/Primeknit bandwagon. Give us retro models in original (or close) materials. That's all. If you want to make "updated" versions, feel free, but not at the expense of the OG.

Surely there's room for both.

If you want to see a real abomination, check out the Fila Bubbles 2018. Just appalling,

Yep I have also seen those FILA Bubbles 2018, and when I first saw them, I had the same reaction as yours. :sick::smh:

What they need to do is scrap those models asap cause that's just biting other companies materials and slapping a FILA logo on it. The majority of people will laugh at their Buffoonery, just like when they laughed at them, when they bit off that Prada design and Foamposite design.

People have gravitated to their heritage line, than why in the world would they want to change that? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, that FILA's main focus should be on retroing other models from their back catalogue, and they'll be fine.

Last edited:
Remember when Swizz Beatz first became creative director of Reebok and brought out weird re-interpretations of classic models instead of either bringing the classic models back or doing something new?
I think that's the worst thing - either do something completely new or bring back the old stuff in proper form.

I like the description of the Rainmaker with it's chunky outsole being "minimal" lol. I'd like to see those back again as well sometime. Also the black Marbury's are the only tolerable And1 shoes next to the Tai Chi and the Desire.

You and me both know that the smart move would be to release only the best kicks from their heyday. Just pick out the ones that could actually work in the 21st century. I'm not saying to retro all of them at once, maybe 2 new retro models each month, but sadly they have other plans.

Like wanting to release these supposedly new sneakers with a mediocre design on them. IMO, its a waist of money and what would they gain out of it? I'll tell you what they would gain out of it ''nothing'' and on top of that they'll be laughed at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom