***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

which flick is this ?

Fakin' da Funk is a 1997 comedy film starring Pam Grier and Dante Basco about a Chinese son adopted by black parents who relocates to South Central Los Angeles. A second story involves Mai-Ling, an exchange student played by Margaret Cho, who by another twist, gets sent to the wrong 'hood'.

Wow

the 3 would be fire with these colors
fila_pistons_throwback_white-teal-red_right_1024x1024.jpg

fila_pistons_throwback_white-teal-red_top_1024x1024.jpg

fila_pistons_throwback_white-teal-red_bottom_1024x1024.jpg

fila_pistons_throwback_white-teal-red_zoomed_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Fakin' da Funk is a 1997 comedy film starring Pam Grier and Dante Basco about a Chinese son adopted by black parents who relocates to South Central Los Angeles. A second story involves Mai-Ling, an exchange student played by Margaret Cho, who by another twist, gets sent to the wrong 'hood'.

Ah yes, i remember i watched this one, years ago. thanks !

That 'toebox' is disgusting. Do they not even look up pictures of the OG model on Google anymore?

They had the right idea with the colorway (Detroit Pistons) and bottom soles with the flames, but it was poorly executed. That's why I do agree with you guys, when it comes to the shape of the shoe. The shape should be identical to the OGs. This has been an ongoing issue for a while now, and I dont think is going to change anytime soon, cause the majority of people seem to not be bothered by it.

i think they coulda did much better on that piston colorway. i woulda just took the og white navy colorway and turned the navy parts turquise and the lace loops turquise left the outsole black or solid white

i coulda swore there was an og colorway like that but i been very forgetful lately

Can't beat that OG shape though! it really pisses me off to see all brands releasing retro models with toebox pointing to the sky like ice cream scoops, what's up with that?!

It reminds me of some elf shoes. I just don't get it how back in the days it was perfect, but when the retro comes they be messing up, with sh*t being so advanced nowadays, etc. There shouldnt be no excuse to why they cant get it right. :smh::angry:

Yeah so weird, even the new "performance" models are like that, that is so unnatural, your toes are not curving up when you are flat on the ground. I dont get the logic.

Back
Top Bottom