***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

F-13v and Grant Hill 2. 13v fits perfect but I didn't get a chance to try the Hills on as I just moved Apts and been busy (I heard they ran tight). My left foot runs bigger too. If the toebox is like the Ewing then it's OK but anything narrow won't work for me. I'm still thinking 1/2 size up. Gonna order tonight so I gotta decide.

I don't have the F-13's, but I do have the GH2. I'm TTS in everything, so I probably wouldn't be the best judge. I feel like those F-13's do run skinny in the front though. I'd hate to tell you to go with your Ewing size and be wrong.

Just FYI, they're running a BOGO 1/2 off sale and the FX-100's are included. Looks like they're running out of sizes in the white/black pair.

Those OG Spaghetti's are calling me. I had the Gucci ones that were retro'd in 2014 or so. Out of all of the Fila retros from that year, the Spaghetti's were the most comfortable and most durable.

Screenshot_20200507-073058.png

Man what about some Jerry Stackhouse 2 retros? I used to have the UNC CW pair and beat them to the ground in middle school!

Last edited:
I had to check the thread but a New Grant Hill (Sorta) prototpe emerged a few months ago. It’s called the Fila Swarm 99, which is a bring back of a prototype designed by legendary sneaker designer Steven Smith. I believe this was most likely one of the early options for the Grant Hill GHIV and they went in another direction. I really wish we could just get a GHIV.... It’s like needed!

Seems to be an Asia exclusive at the moment but it’s dope they brought it back. The issue is Just smaller sizes and not really available. I need the U.S. 13... hoping I can score a pair in the coming months before it disappears.

The downside to this retro is they used a completely different outsole deisgn from Steve’s OG prototype. I’m sure it was to save cost but seems to be a waste of the opportunity. Especially being they opened molds and cutting dies for the upper and midsole. I just don’t understand why this shoe and why not to make it a one to one retro? Also none of the original prototype colorways seemed to make it? Other than the white black color way which seems to be the closest to the samples. Also the materials look horrendous!!!! That synthetic leather looks like plastic but I haven’t seen in person so I will hold my judgement until one of you guys let me know if y’all can cop y’all size.

Overall still a solid shoe. Happy to see something new in the Grant range. Also to see some Pistons teal colorways. Just kind of disappointed that they decided to go with this shoe instead of a model that was more impactful and something Grant actually wore on court. The only thing I can think is Fila trying to capitalize on the Hypebeast that may buy the shoe being it was designed by a “Yeezy”designer but even then that’s a reach. Overall 8/10 for me in terms of design. Mainly as I’m just happy to see a new Grant and I rock with Steven Smith. Just a random release and materials and OG specs are off for sure but this is interesting for sure and gives us hope for others down the line.
DA1209C0-AEFD-4A41-98BF-9EF0E722D979.jpeg
50E7A2CC-078F-48D5-92F1-8518049291A3.jpeg
63AFB518-8517-4A15-986D-70E7646A5D08.jpeg
3FFA884A-AE8A-4CBF-A0D5-DCA386CD4210.jpeg
9A86EAF1-1F3B-4377-9968-B930C1D340EC.jpeg
15D8A432-DD91-4BDF-8992-376A472A937C.jpeg
1F38F2F2-58A8-42C6-8CFD-FBC94EBAD1DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Man what about some Jerry Stackhouse 2 retros? I used to have the UNC CW pair and beat them to the ground in middle school!
I would hope so... it’s the 25th anniversary of the Stack I... I really want some Stack II’s... but we will see man. I haven’t seen anything.

Imagine if FILA would have signed Luka Doncic before Jordan Brand got to him, it's been a hot min. that FILA hasn't had an NBA player with his own signature line. Under Armour has Stephen Curry, New Balance has Kawhi Leonard, and FILA still has no one. FILA is non-existent in today's NBA court. An MVP-caliber player like Luka Doncic playing in some new designs could have put them back on the map once again, but I guess FILA isn't concentrating in signing anyone at the moment.

They don’t have the money or resources to play with Nike. That’s a huge investment! I agree though would have been super ill lol! Like legendary! European heritage with a young Euro legend in the making.

Currently they do have D.J. Augustine. He’s a crafty vet and been rocking the brand for a couple yearsreally like his game and his swag! Just not going to bring the attention of an all star would. Currently he’s been wearing a Stack I low on a modified GHI tooling (Bottom). Super odd setup but I imagine it’s Fila saving cost. The upper already exist and it appears they did open a full herringbone outsole on the existing GH I midsole. But it may be a new midsole as well as it has the Fila logo on the medial heel area recessed on the foam, which I haven’t seen on any other GH I’s? So maybe they hooked him up but it’s super odd lol. Helps him traction wise a little bit more lol. The Jerry and Grant combo is strange. Plus to open new molds of an existing shoe? I don’t really get it... but who knows? But not a bad surprise lol. An Iman shumpert pair leaked last year as well. I think it was found at like a Marshall’s or something. Same setup as DJ’s. I guess he almost joined the brand?

He’s had a handful of fire Orlando colorways to be honest. The orange Florida joints are mean!
BF7AB7C3-56BF-4B30-A52E-4466D2137646.jpeg
F8C2D67D-5EB8-4528-B053-4333750E36AC.jpeg
F8319C3A-D3A0-4DC2-907A-C2C3D65C077F.jpeg
F52F0AE1-D099-4FE8-9184-0F4255B678EE.jpeg

E735A450-E205-4AA5-9C0B-2B55009A39F7.jpeg

7:35 mark the equipment guy shows some of his kicks.

Last edited:
I had to check the thread but a New Grant Hill (Sorta) prototpe emerged a few months ago. It’s called the Fila Swarm 99, which is a bring back of a prototype designed by legendary sneaker designer Steven Smith. I believe this was most likely one of the early options for the Grant Hill GHIV and they went in another direction. I really wish we could just get a GHIV.... It’s like needed!

Seems to be an Asia exclusive at the moment but it’s dope they brought it back. The issue is Just smaller sizes and not really available. I need the U.S. 13... hoping I can score a pair in the coming months before it disappears.

The downside to this retro is they used a completely different outsole deisgn from Steve’s OG prototype. I’m sure it was to save cost but seems to be a waste of the opportunity. Especially being they opened molds and cutting dies for the upper and midsole. I just don’t understand why this shoe and why not to make it a one to one retro? Also none of the original prototype colorways seemed to make it? Other than the white black color way which seems to be the closest to the samples. Also the materials look horrendous!!!! That synthetic leather looks like plastic but I haven’t seen in person so I will hold my judgement until one of you guys let me know if y’all can cop y’all size.

Overall still a solid shoe. Happy to see something new in the Grant range. Also to see some Pistons teal colorways. Just kind of disappointed that they decided to go with this shoe instead of a model that was more impactful and something Grant actually wore on court. The only thing I can think is Fila trying to capitalize on the Hypebeast that may buy the shoe being it was designed by a “Yeezy”designer but even then that’s a reach. Overall 8/10 for me in terms of design. Mainly as I’m just happy to see a new Grant and I rock with Steven Smith. Just a random release and materials and OG specs are off for sure but this is interesting for sure and gives us hope for others down the line.
50E7A2CC-078F-48D5-92F1-8518049291A3.jpeg
63AFB518-8517-4A15-986D-70E7646A5D08.jpeg
3FFA884A-AE8A-4CBF-A0D5-DCA386CD4210.jpeg
9A86EAF1-1F3B-4377-9968-B930C1D340EC.jpeg
15D8A432-DD91-4BDF-8992-376A472A937C.jpeg
1F38F2F2-58A8-42C6-8CFD-FBC94EBAD1DD.jpeg

WOW!!! Thank you so much for the inside information! Can't wait now for the new range of GH shoes! But like you, there is only one pair that I want and it's the GHIV!! That design is just amazing and I so badly want a retro to wear! I have the 1-3 from prior releases years ago but the IV is my favorite! Thank you again👍👍

Back
Top Bottom