***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

Had no idea they retro'd before.

they have retroed about 4 times already

they even retroed a version with improved performance and the grant hill GH logo in glass on the back

when you only have about 3 or 4 shoes to retro from the golden era of 90's basketball shoes i think its smart to keep pumping them out

gh2 been retroed 4 or 5 times too

wish i still had pics of my first time retroed gh2. talk about turrrible lol

Last edited:
^ I picked up some used retro GH2 about 3 years ago off the Bay. The leather was actually on point. However, I sold them because I wasn't really wearing them and I was more into the GH1.

The only difference I see with the OG GH1 and the recent retro is the size of the "F" and Fila in the triangle on the heel. Ain't no biggie though...

Peace,

^ I picked up some used retro GH2 about 3 years ago off the Bay. The leather was actually on point. However, I sold them because I wasn't really wearing them and I was more into the GH1.

The only difference I see with the OG GH1 and the recent retro is the size of the "F" and Fila in the triangle on the heel. Ain't no biggie though...

Peace,

The og gh1 was heavier and more thick padding around the ankle. Also had the 2a cushioning but the retros imo are actually more comfortable.

Also the first retro of the gh2 in white/ navy had 2A cushioning but the logo on the side was white leather instead of patent blue and the fila logo was different. Also no plastic pull tab on the tongue.

The first and second batch of retros still had hills name on the box and his signature tag on the back of the tongues

I had the OG GH1's in the white/black colourway. The Fila Hill patch on the inside of the tongue was a nice touch.

I can't remember the weight difference between the OG GH1's and my VB-95's, however slight. What I do remember is that after 15 min of wear, my feet were maaaad hot.

Somebody posted something about the Packers FX-100 Larry Johnson shoes. I'm still looking for a pair, preferably a white based pair, in a size 10. :smile:

Peace

seen this on @mwhit023 twitter.. i guess they're in the catalog, but no info on release date or anything else.. 

Last edited:
08/08/13

$100

FILA.com

Fly Kix (atl)

The Source (va)

Wish (atl)

Walter’s Clothing (atl)

Social Status (pa and nc)

City Jean (nyc)

Get Set (ny)

Sneaker Villa (pa)

Ubiq (pa)

Packer Shoes (nj)

Karmaloop (ma)

Burn Rubber (mi)

Rare Breed (nj)

Renarts (ny)

Extra Butter (ny)

Nicekicks (tx)

Cool J’s (fl)

Salvin’s Shoes (ct)

Scout Adventure (ct)

CRSVR (ca)

West (ny)

Rime (ny)

VII Grand (az)

Sneaker Bistro (ny)

PickYourShoes.com

Puffer Reds (mi)

Concepts (ma)

Urban Gear (ma)

Sneaker Junkies (ri)

Shiekh Shoes (ca)

Jimmy’s Hip Hop (ct)

Last edited:
Lol, I just called FlyKix and they said they weren't getting them, smh. I could tell dude was lying. Killed him when I said I thought their store had a contract with Fila. They had both the TMNT and Shredder joints for retail, though they are a consignment shop. I knew they would get the Olympics.

And what's this about the lows dropping this month, around the same time as Olympics? Thought the lows weren't droppin until later this year......

Last edited:
Lol, I just called FlyKix and they said they weren't getting them, smh. I could tell dude was lying. Killed him when I said I thought their store had a contract with Fila. They had both the TMNT and Shredder joints for retail, though they are a consignment shop. I knew they would get the Olympics.

And what's this about the lows dropping this month, around the same time as Olympics? Thought the lows weren't droppin until later this year......

Your right, I forgot they moved them back... they were supposed to drop with the Olympics but got pushed to the fall/winter...... A low top in the winter..........

Last edited:
Just called my local villa (Pittsburgh) and they say they aren't getting them. And social status doesn't know yet. The anticipation is killing me

^ i might grab them lows.. for 54 99 why not.. and i say 54.99 cause i have wc coupons

Last edited:
Based on the quantity of Olympics that are suppose to release, I think the stores Grizz listed will be the only places to get them.

Based on the quantity of Olympics that are suppose to release, I think the stores Grizz listed will be the only places to get them.

Yeah, I knew they would be hella limited, but damn.... My only shot is online... and we all know how a very limited shoe online can and will be...... My jb/nike connect won't help this time, guess ill start getting trade bait ready...

Last edited:
am i wrong for trying to score the olympics just to trade for the white shaq attacks? lol
Lol, nah you wouldn't be wrong. But I am wondering if that's a good even trade. I'm pretty sure there were more than 500 Attaqs released, and the hype was stronger. Attaqs retailed at $160, Olympic Hills at $100. Attaqs going for $260-$300 plus. Even with the limited availability of the Olympics I don't see them going for that much. Might have to add some cash to the deal.

Last edited:
am i wrong for trying to score the olympics just to trade for the white shaq attacks? lol
Lol, nah you wouldn't be wrong. But I am wondering if that's a good even trade. I'm pretty sure there were more than 500 Attaqs released, and the hype was stronger. Attaqs retailed at $160, Olympic Hills at $100. Attaqs going for $260-$300 plus. Even with the limited availability of the Olympics I don't see them going for that much. Might have to add some cash to the deal.
Like i said a long time ago, 500 pairs.. I even called my FILA rep to PAY FOR A PAIR, and everything was gone... that was 2 weeks ago, mom n pops and Fila.com own this colorway... I am a lil salty-

-Fresh

Back
Top Bottom