***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

The only reason I'd consider the Purple Tapes, if they drop, is because they're close to a Laker colorway. Some more purple accents to these and they'd be pretty decent.

I dont understand why more shoe companies just dont straight out make laker, bulls, knicks, and other popular colorways when they retro shoes. Instead they make weird **** that sits.

Id love to see a north carolina colorway aswell white leather carolina blue patent leather strips on side. Or a carolina blue nubuck side panel like on all star colorway with white patent leather side strips. I know hill went to duke but hill has no part of this shoe anymore so fair game lol

Maybe make a college rivals pack. One unc colorway and one duke colorway.

Are these FIla 96's true to size? How do they fit? Appreciate any info. I went back 5 or so pages and didn't see anyone mention it.

Are these FIla 96's true to size? How do they fit? Appreciate any info. I went back 5 or so pages and didn't see anyone mention it.

I believe I mentioned it vaguely. If not I meant to. They fit exactly how I remember and as true to size as you can expect. Perfect fit imo

^ also to note wish got the matching socks for 10 bucks smh

90 shipped.... still smh. i shoulda waited. coulda got those god awful sox too and saved 10 bucks :lol:

Last edited:
These sizes are just sitting too.  Really odd.  I'm thinking either these can't be as limited as people were saying, or Wish got A LOT of these, or their current stock info on their site is incorrect.  Gotta be one of those three.  If not then no one cares about FILA which is what I have been thinking recently.

Last edited:
this release was nice i think because it wasnt mass posted on social sites until a day or two after each spot put them up for preorder.

i copped on the 4 spot that posted the preorder and the 5th was wish.

Thats 5 chances i could have got my size before the actual release day

i think fila.com will sell out fast because thats where most people will go to buy their pairs.

im surprised the resellers and hypebeast didnt hop on these

Ordered my pair from renarts.com. These are so clean I simply had to cop a pair. I have to say that for a change it feels pretty good to pick up a nice release for 100$ these days...

Would've been nice if I could've caught the deal from Wish, could've picked up my pair today. They're sold out online, probably still have a few in-store. And though Im not big on the sock trend today, they're still decent and would've been a nice addition. As someone stated, I could see myself rockin them back in the day, early 90s.

Received my tracking# from sneakerbistro :D .

Last edited:
its cool though i paid 110 shipped and they gave me 2 day priority 90 shipped would have been great but ah well

These sizes are just sitting too.  Really odd.  I'm thinking either these can't be as limited as people were saying, or Wish got A LOT of these, or their current stock info on their site is incorrect.  Gotta be one of those three.  If not then no one cares about FILA which is what I have been thinking recently.

I think the number are correct. It's just that folks are not checking for Filas like that. Hypebeast don't like Filas and these are not in high demands so there is not much resell value.

Sure hope whoever wants these will get them. At the last minute, as hard as it was, I've decided to pass. There's just so many releases coming out that I have to be selective. Will still post links if I come across them.

Good luck!

I think the number are correct. It's just that folks are not checking for Filas like that. Hypebeast don't like Filas and these are not in high demands so there is not much resell value.

Sure hope whoever wants these will get them. At the last minute, as hard as it was, I've decided to pass. There's just so many releases coming out that I have to be selective. Will still post links if I come across them.

Good luck!
You really think there are only 500 of these like people were saying?  IDK I find it hard to believe.  This is an Olympic player edition, made of quality materials, for 90 bucks.  The shoe is so clean.  Passing on these was impossible.  I just have a feeling there definitely may be more than 500 pairs.

People don't care about Fila though.  I guess when it comes to basketball kicks, if it isn't Jordan, Nike, or some big name from Reebok like Shaq or Kemp, no one wants anything to do with it.

I wish i could show you guys #'s to prove only 500 was made, or my emails to my rep trying to get a pair from them directly....    

Either way i snagged 2  9.5's ... Cats SLEEPING

-Fresh

Sleeping is an understatement.  If there really is only 500 pairs, that means NOBODY gives a damn about this sneaker or Fila.

Back
Top Bottom