***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

i know right? might geth the white red spaghetis now

and WOW what a great birthday was feeling bad about scuffing the midsole of my olympic gh 2 retros cuz it was so ugly the mark wouldnt go away on the midsole so i was at the mall and picked up some shoe cleaner....BAM the mark disappeared
eek.gif
i for sure that it had scraped the white maint off but no they look brand new again
glasses.gif
fila is quality man they deserve much props
man that Jason Markks stuff is the best for that though ... I don't trust the cleaners in footlocker and whatnot. Nothing has ever cleaned my kicks like Jason Markks. Cop it from PickYourShoes since the shipping is free... Also I woke up today to a FILA.com email saying: "Take 10% off your next order". They're really trying to move some of those kicks!

Last edited:
how are the spagettis anyways? they dont have 2A in the midsole?
apparently they do, they're reallycomfortable (my black on white joints), but my tradition pack Stacks had like a bump under the ball of my foot (kind of like a defected air bubble), and it's uncomfortable when you walk. I will be exchanging them though and am contemplating the OG white/red joints too (hopefully on discount as well).

If anyone is looking to pick up more colorways of the grant Hill 2s finishline has the White blue for 41.99 ridiculous good price of you have a 20 buck rewards card.
It's like An Orlando Magic colorway not the White Navy og.

http://m.finishline.com/controller?...FA9728D2ED0E1C179E&Au=P_ProductID&A=1625&An=0
I clicked on dudes link just to check out FINL and this is the picture that came up 
mean.gif

I think he meant this link:

http://www.finishline.com/store/product/mens-fila-96-basketball-shoes/_/A-50869?productId=prod720544

I wish FINL would have gotten that cement colorway of the 96s and at that price. That colorway grew on me some.

Last edited:
double post ... just when I thought those didn't happen to me ....

Last edited:
@NobleKane I agree, something seems off. Still coppin though. Been waiting forever for these.

I can't remember, but was the sole black on the white/navy OGs? Thought it was navy as well.

@NobleKane I agree, something seems off. Still coppin though. Been waiting forever for these.

I can't remember, but was the sole black on the white/navy OGs? Thought it was navy as well.
I think the colorway is spot on (for the black on blacks) but they do seem to have a lower cut than the OGs.

Last edited:
Copped the OG cw spaghettis on citysole. And for under retail is a win win

Last edited:

Yea, supposed to be navy sole as shown in the pic above. I tell you, the dudes at FILA need to go off themselves. Why the hell would you put a black sole on a shoe with a white/navy upper? That's as dumb as wearing black dress shoes with a navy suit. They already messed up that OG Stackhouse tongue tab and now they screw this up. It ain't no wonder none of their shoes is moving on the website even with all their free shipping promos, etc. They only got like 1% of the sneaker community checking for their products and they can't even satisfy that 1% by staying true to the OG models. They need to just go back to the graveyard they came from. I'm done buying any more of their stuff.

lol well said however im not sure that the original released white/navy pair didnt have a black outsole. i dont remember and i cant check my ogs because i sold them many years ago.

i always thought my ogs had a black outsole though unless they changed colors and got darker.

what disgust me is how low the height of the shoe is going. why do the exact same thing you did to the stacks? they did so well with the gh2 but everything else is messed up. dont get me started on the cage

they need to release the white turquise og colorway. the ones grant wore in the sprite commercial

Yea, supposed to be navy sole as shown in the pic above. I tell you, the dudes at FILA need to go off themselves. Why the hell would you put a black sole on a shoe with a white/navy upper? That's as dumb as wearing black dress shoes with a navy suit. They already messed up that OG Stackhouse tongue tab and now they screw this up. It ain't no wonder none of their shoes is moving on the website even with all their free shipping promos, etc. They only got like 1% of the sneaker community checking for their products and they can't even satisfy that 1% by staying true to the OG models. They need to just go back to the graveyard they came from. I'm done buying any more of their stuff.
good eye, I didn't even see that on the retros ... let's hope it's just the lightning on the pic ... I'm gonna go to their instagram to investigate

figured I'd keep it in the same post to save some e-space but it's hard to tell here:

and now I came across some of these OG pics on google:

more pix can be seen here: http://bbs.hupu.com/1803827.html

More evidence supports the OG release did have black bottoms ... but the lower cut is way obvious.

Last edited:
After checking Filas IG page(@filausa) it seems the retro will have the black outsole. Every pic of the retro has a black outsole. In the pics that feature the OGs the outsole is navy. Really not happy with that change. The navy outsole looks so much better. Hopefully these can copped under retail. I'd feel better about purchasing if so.

After checking Filas IG page(@filausa) it seems the retro will have the black outsole. Every pic of the retro has a black outsole. In the pics that feature the OGs the outsole is navy. Really not happy with that change. The navy outsole looks so much better. Hopefully these can copped under retail. I'd feel better about purchasing if so.
I posted a few pix of the OGs above, it appears they too had black bottom soles.

I also found a catalog scan in this very thread that shows the OG bottoms were black:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom