Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Beat the story last night.

The only redeeming quality of chapter 13 was that it made chapter 14 feel THAT much better. I didnt outright hate 13 and actually liked the concept they went with but it got tedious quickly.

I dont understand how they made all the chapters super short but make the most annoying one the longest though.

Wait what? Isn't there just 13 chapters lol

Man how are yall surviving walking around at night?

Eventhough i beat the game i almost never actually walked around at night and slept every time nightfall came around.

Now Im trying to build EXP for the 3x EXP trick in Altissa but im getting destroyed by Iron Giants. Whats the easiest way to take them down?

Oh damn. I wish I could help. Right now I use a chocobo to get around at night lmao. I'm avoiding trouble, not looking for it. Iron Giants, eh? Sounds pretty cool.

Last edited:
If you've beaten the game you shouldn't be having any problem with them. At around level 45 they become a push over.

If you find yourself still having problems, maybe try using different weapon types. I forget what they are weak to, but make sure you are hitting for crit (orange numbers) not having him resist your strikes (purple numbers).

Use some basic spells when you first attack, then Arminger if you feel like you're being overwhelmed.

Out of curiosity, how many Royal Arms do you have? That might have to be your focus as they can help power you up.

Last edited:
The red ones with the fire swords are level 45-47. Those are the ones im having problems with.

And i think i have about 9 royal arms so far.

Last edited:
I dig Aranea.

I wish this game wasn't too much of a sausage fest. I thought it was cute when Iris was around for a little while.

Last edited:
The red ones with the fire swords are level 45-47. Those are the ones im having problems with.

And i think i have about 9 royal arms so far.
Ohhh Red Giants! Yea, nevermind. They are tough. 
laugh.gif

I haven't seen them out at night, I have only ever seen them in a certain dungeon, and they were tough. I basically just spammed warp strike with a couple ice spells.

If you are going for all Royal Arms, you will run into a bunch going after one of the swords.

Last edited:
Yea they pop up in the field and are tough to take down. Unless you have something with ice on it, they have a high resistance to damn near everything. There's also a lv76 magitek armor that drops off ships randomly that does 9999 damage and has crazy defense.

Doesn't ignis enhance ability just imbue your weapons with the enemies weakness? Lol

By the way, I swear they don't make strategy guides like they used to. Maybe it's my memory failing me but I feel like strategy guides of the past have been way better. I've been getting a lot of my help off of the Internet and YouTube.

Sometimes the strategy guide be getting me wild upset.

Anyway, it would appear that I'm being shipped off to another continent soon. So I'm going to try and clean up on all the side quests available on this side of the water.

Half of them are hunts. Which I'm grateful for. Those are the most fun and the least annoying to complete.

Last edited:
These Magitech armors are slick OP smh. Anyone of them at level 47 or higher and the whole squad getting dropped almost instantly. Its pretty annoying.

Finished the game a few days ago. The story still is so unclear to me. I've watched Kingsglaive but maybe I need to watch the Brotherhood series. 

Nah the story is just point blank trash

The player shouldn't have to watch all this other **** to understand it

Last edited:
At the beginning of chapter 8, more than halfway through. If I got to give this game a score now, I'd score it 6/10.

The most impressive thing about the game are the big maps and the fighting system. Everything else is ehh.

I wish they had cut down on the amount of side quests and just concentrated on making side quests that are fun and challenging and worthwhile. Side quests have been stupid repetitive so far. At one point today, I did 5 or 6 broken down car quests in a row. Really, SE? Instead of making it a bunch of going around looking for 5 cars, they could've made me look for one, but make it difficult to get to and combine all the exp points. They could've done the same for all the other types of quests.

The most unique 'side quests' I've done so far was race Gladio in a foot race and secure the glasses for Ignis from a chocobo. The rest are the same quests over and over again.

I don't really like the characters. Noctis is chill but not very interesting. Gladio is OK but he's boring. Noctis is boring. Prompto is annoying. He's very, very annoying.

Aranea is very cool. I like her. Iris is cute and I feel her being with the team would've created more interesting dynamics. Both of them shook it up a bit when they were in my party.

All in all, the game isn't horrible. I'd probably score it higher if I didn't know that this game was in development for ten yrs. But knowing how long it's been worked on, makes me inclined to judge it more harshly.

*edit

Going to try the rock of ravatugh (is that how you spell it) dungeon tonight. I can really complete four of the quests in one fell swoop :nerd: (perfect cup, v's volcanic inspiration, sania's wyvern quest and royal arm quest).. Wonder how much experience I can gain in that hour..

Last edited:
Ch. 10, 11, and 12 are short af. Felt like I barely played through those chapters and now I'm at the dreaded chapter 13.

Back
Top Bottom