Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

would this still be fun for someone who never got into final fantasy?

always wanted to dive in but wasn’t about turn based moves

also if i felt like the witcher 3 was a full time job would i be ok with this?

i’m not expecting god of war. but that, breath of the wild, spider-man and fallen order are like the recent games ive loved. to put into perspective of what i enjoy
I think you may like this even if you haven’t enjoyed FF in the past. It’s much more action oriented and there’s not too much downtime in the story. There a few chapters that offer some side quests but overall the story moves along pretty quickly

I beat every combat sim besides the secret one. Gonna try and run through all of hard mode before I tackle that one. Seems like the hardest battle in the game.

I beat every combat sim besides the secret one. Gonna try and run through all of hard mode before I tackle that one. Seems like the hardest battle in the game.
Same here. That one is tough cause you have to do the previous 4 with the new one, in one sitting, no items.

They’re saying it may take more than 3 parts just to release the game sooner. Will it be dlc at a reduced cost or a whole $60? :smh:

I’d rather them not cash grab and just take their time with quality games. No reason to turn one game of FF7 into Dothack or Xenosaga.

They're gonna release 3 more chapters at $40 per episode and release them like clockwork ever year.

its interesting to see how they're going to do the "open world"

I also dont think the whole story can even be told in 3 episodes if they want to really flesh out the details and characters like they did with midgar.

i'd rather them take their time and really put a lot of details and scenes into the game and flesh characters out.

As long as there is some consistency with the releases and we're not waiting forever for each disc, then I'm okay.

So far,
Just beat the boss and brought Wedge to Aerith's place. Time to do all these side missions before heading to Shinra HQ. I think these side quests are annoying though lol

17D029BD-7DBB-47DA-B95E-24AAADEE031F.png

did not know you could do this :lol:

Makes swapping Materia so much easier

Just beat the game tonight and immediately started my hard play through:lol:. My characters are pretty leveled up but I’m still getting washed by the scorpion tank. Game is flames though. Can’t wait for the rest of it

SEQUEL! The ending references the og and advent children
A sequel is one way to look at it. When I said reboot I was referring to the whispers and what they represent. Anytime they appeared it was to keep destiny on the right path. To keep events from deviating from the original timeline (i:e the original game). But then we kill fate and with it, the whispers, at the end of the game. That makes some events from the original change (Biggs is alive, Zack doesn’t die, Stamp changes from a beagle to I think a terrier lol). They can literally change the story however they want now, making it more of a reboot (or sequel) than a remake. It also explains why it ends with the phrase “the unknown story will continue”

Last edited:
A sequel is one way to look at it. When I said reboot I was referring to the whispers and what they represent. Anytime they appeared it was to keep destiny on the right path. To keep events from deviating from the original timeline (i:e the original game). But then we kill fate and with it, the whispers, at the end of the game. That makes some events from the original change (Biggs is alive, Zack doesn’t die, Stamp changes from a beagle to I think a terrier lol). They can literally change the story however they want now, making it more of a reboot (or sequel) than a remake. It also explains why it ends with the phrase “the unknown story will continue”
Only reason I still say a sequel, nothing from the OG is ignored. It happened and we're witnessing Sephiroth trying to change things so he can win. It's like if at the end of Endgame right before Thanos loses, he grabs the time stone and goes back to the beginning of the first avengers and starts changing things.

Had to do my favorite game of all time right- finally filled out my play log:
IMG_20200430_101404.jpg
As much as I love the original, everything the new one brought was refreshing.

To play next: FFXII or Persona 5 Royale?

Back
Top Bottom