OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Lazy grandstanding. Why does the guy being racially abused need to lead the committee? :lol:

Idk it’s possible he realizes racism is bad for business (see Valencia losing a shirt sponsorship) and knows the likes of Serie A and La Liga won’t do anything so he’s trying to take initiative. I agree in some sense putting the burden on the abused to be in charge is like work in exchange for being harmed, but Vini could have said no. So if anything it can be seen as giving a greater voice to the abused.

Who knows though if it’s just for optics and in the end of the day some old cat in a suit will ignore Vini’s input and call the shots

Idk it’s possible he realizes racism is bad for business (see Valencia losing a shirt sponsorship) and knows the likes of Serie A and La Liga won’t do anything so he’s trying to take initiative. I agree in some sense putting the burden on the abused to be in charge is like work in exchange for being harmed, but Vini could have said no. So if anything it can be seen as giving a greater voice to the abused.

Who knows though if it’s just for optics and in the end of the day some old cat in a suit will ignore Vini’s input and call the shots
He could’ve said no but he’s a young dude who has kind of been thrust into being the face of racial abuse in Europe at the moment. I just feel like it’s lazy and the governing body should be able to figure this out on its own

Aside from the nepotism claims, why do US supporters dislike Berahlter?

I have a few reasons.

- he plays favorites and gives caps to undeserving players from the MLS.
- While he has a good win%, they're mostly against CONCACAF teams. We are not as good when we play away from US soil and against other NTs from UEFA and CONMEBOL.
- He is stubborn AF and cannot make in game adjustments. When they were getting beat by the wings when playing 🇳🇱 in the WC, he made 0 adjustments and then got outclassed by LVG
- His system does not adapt to his personnel.
- For the current talent pool we have domestically and internationally, we should be better IMO.

That's what I can think off top

Haven’t seen much on Rice since they rejected that bid, wonder if that’s a good thing and means it’s progressing
I don’t even know why I care I don’t even like him as a player
Just need to feel something I guess 💉 💉

In!

And it’s on vix+ while the put Iceland Slovakia on fs2. What the hell is vix+ and who even has that?

1687024362426.png

portugal is so stacked. the faster they move on from ronaldo the better. man is 47 and struggling in the 47th best league in the world. there is no way he’s the best striker portugal has to offer. meanwhile leao still rotting on the bench

I have a few reasons.

- he plays favorites and gives caps to undeserving players from the MLS.
- While he has a good win%, they're mostly against CONCACAF teams. We are not as good when we play away from US soil and against other NTs from UEFA and CONMEBOL.
- He is stubborn AF and cannot make in game adjustments. When they were getting beat by the wings when playing 🇳🇱 in the WC, he made 0 adjustments and then got outclassed by LVG
- His system does not adapt to his personnel.
- For the current talent pool we have domestically and internationally, we should be better IMO.

That's what I can think off top
Not to mention he had never won a single thing in his managerial career prior to the appointment. His closest chance was losing the MLS Cup to the Timbers, a game in which he still was too stubborn or shallow-minded to adjust tactics after going down 2.

Gregg has never shown he can be a top class manager. Flat out.

In for this Belgium- Austria game. Belgium been looking good since Martinez left and Rangnick got Austria playing some good ball lately. Big names left off both teams tho

Back
Top Bottom