OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

I'm ******* livid. Two penalties that should have gone to Arsenal yet again ignored. A goal wrongly disallowed AGAIN. Another red card violent conduct offense against Arsenal IGNORED AGAIN.

I dont know how Arteta hasn't gone grey or bald.

I guess the fact that he called handball right away and that the VAR was too inconclusive for them to overturn? 🤷‍♂️

I assume we'll get a proper explanation after the match. Perhaps on tv, perhaps on reddit.
Let us know what you learn. I know the refs association will be silent except maybe to fine Arteta for whatever reason they make up.

Got rushed for the goal thanks to zinchenko exactly like i said
I wonder if it’ll be a wrap for him when timber is back

What a massive week for Villa. They been awesome so far this season. Knocking off spurs city and Arsenal in a row is mad impressive

Timber can't come back soon enough. Need a real defender in the LB position and Zinny obvs isn't that. No focus and no closing ability. Honestly throw Havertz in his spot next game.

For $30. Why not

20231209_212713.jpg

It was a dumb goal to allow. Really no need for it. I would hope so. He’s so much more of a solid defender. I do wonder how much it would change our playing style. Zinny is always popping up in the midfield.

I didn’t see all of the 2nd half. But we had chances, some unlucky and bs calls. And bs not called which is a weekly occurrence at this point
Thanks guys!
Happy Birthday

happy birthday. great day to have a birthday.

My son was born today. 🔥
Congratulations! :pimp:

I actually thought maguire was really good today only player in that backline who can hold his head high to me

I feel you on this. I’ve maintained Bruno would never be a captain on a team with real leaders. Nothing to do with his ability that’s clear but he’s just so petulant and at time that can look like someone who “just wears there heart on their sleeve” but it’s not with him it’s just petulance. Great player tho.
I’m all aboard the Maguire redemption arc too. If not for Slabhead’s key blocks and tackles, this scoreline would’ve likely been significantly worse. Let’s also not forget he nearly scored a very sneaky header.

As for Bruno, I think I’ve made my view on him as a player pretty obvious throughout the past few seasons in this thread.
Fantastic footballer with an insane dedication to athleticism. Dude not only plays vastly more minutes than anyone else but covers more miles per game than just about everyone else too. Absolutely incredible stats.
And he maintains that while standing still 10mins per game whining at the ref.

Now that the positives are out of the way, I can’t stand this rat-faced whiny ***** diving, throwing his hands up and crying to the refs extremely excessively, etc etc…. Every. Single. Game.

I fully support stronger enforcement of yellows for dissent, because of players like Bruno with a chip on their shoulder who use every opportunity to whine and whine incessantly

I don’t think giving Bruno the captain’s armband is as egregious and embarrassing as the Belgian FA giving the armband to Eden Hazard, but it’s not far off.

Hazard even in his prime displayed zero qualities a captain should have. Hazard is quiet, lazy in training, doesn’t give directions, doesn’t do the talking, …
Lukaku, Vertonghen and De Bruyne thankfully do those tasks regardless but I still consider Hazard’s captaincy an embarrassment to our country.

Bruno on the other hand does have some degree of captain traits. Giving directions primarily, and standing up for his teammates in the post-match interviews.
On the other hand, he’s constantly whining and whining to the refs for no reason, and when things aren’t going well in the match, he progressively starts to whine and throw up his hands even more, which is inherently demotivating. He rarely ever riles up the troops with motivation and winning spirit.

All due respect to Bruno as a football player (I don’t consider his whining as playing football), and he seems like a good guy off the pitch too.

The captaincy however continues to be an utter embarrassment and there’s a very good reason he’s one of the most disliked players in the PL for his antics on the pitch.

If refs started to actually properly penalize dissent, Bruno would be suspended every handful of games.

Last edited:
I got sympathy for EtH and what he and his staff have to deal with at United. But he hasn’t helped himself this season, I can’t see new leadership keeping him on at this point.
Mans needs to be investigated for all the Ajax players united overpaid for. He definitely pocketed some money. Antony was not worth the price tag

Back
Top Bottom