OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

Pretty much how I expected that first half to go but that Ode chance should have been 1-1

I can’t even celebrate United’s loss right now, makes what happened on Wednesday look even worse for Chelsea :smh:

Also what Emery is doing with Villa is nothing short of spectacular, I’m happy for him

Bro wtf Eddie gets purposely elbowed in the face away from play and it's a ******* yellow???? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Wen Superleague?

If that's a handball on Havertz then we need to look at the volleyball scoop by Cash first.

I dont get it. Cash swung his hand and knocked the ball off course and into Havertz; but it's being disregarded? Why?

Idk, the commentators on my channel couldn't come to a conclusion either. I couldn't figure come to a clear conclusion either from the footage.
I feel like in such an unconclusive case, the attacker should get the advantage.

I dont get it. Cash swung his hand and knocked the ball off course and into Havertz; but it's being disregarded? Why?
According to my commentators (Belgian tv obviously) there's a different set of rules between the defender and the attacker in that exact circumstance. The commentators said the rule difference was too complex to explain quickly but that it doesn't make much sense either way.
I'm not informed enough on the deepest layers of handball rules to comment on that but I assume we'll get a proper explanation after the match. Or at least you'll be able to find a comprehensive explanation on reddit or something.

Back
Top Bottom