OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: European club season starting this week. Pochettino named new USA coach

Dominant half just can’t quite get a clear look at goal.

Again lackadaisical tho the whistle hasn’t gone yet why are you not locked in. Wayward cross and a header at the back post I mean come on.

Mans needs to be investigated for all the Ajax players united overpaid for. He definitely pocketed some money. Antony was not worth the price tag
I think ETH is a clown but at the end of the day it’s the board who overpaid.
His childish treatment of Rangnick indicates Ten Hag wasn’t receptive or even hostile to 'outside advice' on player recruitment.
He refused to even have a face to face discussion with Rangnick despite consulting on transfers literally being his job. All Rangnick could get was a phonecall.
He was later fired, at least in some part due to the inability to work with Ten Hag.

That whole situation sounds like Ten Hag is the exact type of person that would strongly push the board to bend to his requests based on a severely skewed image of players he either directly worked with or have faced/seen play during his Eredivisie years. Personally I don't see any reason to reach to foul play.
What I see is just a man living in his own echo chamber who wasn't interesting in hearing anything to the contrary of his skewed vision of players like Antony.

Recall that even Ajax fans immediately celebrated that they robbed United and that Antony wasn't even great in the Eredivisie. Not bad either but very limited and certainly not someone you'd pay upwards of $60m for.

Last edited:
I hope this string of lesser performances by City really awakens the people sleeping on Rodri.
I can't count how many times I've seen "but we/they're missing De Bruyne..." without a mention of Rodri. There's still people out there questioning why Rodri has an 89 rated card in Fifa 24. If anything, this time with Rodri out shows that rating should be bumped up even higher.

Rodri wouldn't have let Aston Villa dominate them like that.

I hope this string of lesser performances by City really awakens the people sleeping on Rodri.
I can't count how many times I've seen "but we/they're missing De Bruyne..." without a mention of Rodri. There's still people out there questioning why Rodri has an 89 rated card in Fifa 24. If anything, this time with Rodri out shows that rating should be bumped up even higher.

Rodri wouldn't have let Aston Villa dominate them like that.
Early in the season after Rodri got sent off for being a dummy we lost all 3 games without him. He is the most important player in the squad when it comes to our ability to not being overrun in a match.

Back
Top Bottom